Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can killer powers fit into 3 survivor perks?

So I eventually want to come up with a fan-created survivor, since it's common for fans to do so for killers, but for now I wouldn't mind wondering if such a survivor is possible. Basically, I'd like to see a genre-savvy survivor who's like, a horror flick geek and their unique perks assist against the specific killers, but with only 3, what would they be so that between them all, they cover a basic aspect shared hy certain killers?

The Trapper has traps, The Wraith has the bell, The Hillbilly has his chainsaw sprint, The Nurse has blink, The Shape has evil within (think that's what it's called) and stalking to tier up, The Hag has her phantoms traps, The Doctor has shock therapy and madness-inducing terror radius, The Huntress has hatchets to throw and find in lockers, The Cannibal has his chainsaw, The Nightmare has the dream world with generator teleport and snares/pallets and clock, The Pig has crouch/lunge and reverse-beartrap and key boxes, The Clown has bottles, The Spirit has her blind-invisible movement ability and decoy (forget the name of the power) The Legion has frenzy, The Plague has contagious purge attacks and fountains, The Ghost Face has crouching/stalking and night shroud, and The Demogorgon has its portals.

Out of those, which of those can fit into like, an aura-reading perk, a perk that ignores a penalty or damage x number of times, etc so that multiple killers can be represented per perk? It would take no less than 5-6 different survivors to introduce specific anti-killer perks for every killer, and that's still with some of them lumped together (both The Hillbilly's and The Cannibal's chainsaws could be covered with one perk, for example. So 3 that each assist you with multiple related killer powers or other gimmicks would have to do the job.

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

While I think the idea of a genre-saavy Survivor is cool from a lore perspective, mechanically-speaking, I don't like the idea of Survivor tools (perks, in this case) that are designed to specifically neuter Killer powers, let alone try and counter as many as possible.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593

I had an idea, and I didn't like it.

Object of Obsession, except it activates anytime the killer presses/holds down m2, and goes through undetectable. Has a range of 20/28/36 meters, maybe obsession.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

When you say 3 perks can cover a specific killer, what exactly do you mean?

So far I’m not really understanding what you are asking.

• The_Werewolf
    The_Werewolf Member Posts: 30

I'm just saying 3 unique perks (like each new survivor comes with) but they deal with specific killer powers (or other in-game elements that are only present/in effect against a certain killer) in minor ways (as minor as possible anyway). I wouldn't want them to neuter any killers, they just help that survivor in a game with that killer.

Behavior would never give us a survivor with 17 different perks, but, for example, one such perk could be "decrease the rate of infection from Vile Purge by x/y/z% and other survivors do not pass on their infection to you", but since survivors are expected to come with only 3 perks, something more general for a survivor so one perk mentions things about a handful of killers, another perk does another handful, and another.

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241
    edited October 2019

One could be something like

Unwilling Ally

You are healed by other survivors at 50% the normal rate. You are not affected by any perks or abilities that trigger upon interacting with other survivors (make your choice, plague disease, nurse's calling).

"Ugh, if I must"

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

No. no. no. NO.

Normal OoO is bad enough.

Also, this wouldn't work. Cause then what if you don't see that Killer? Why would you want a perk that may or may not work. On top of that, why would you want perks that anyone can use after making them teachable, that messes up the Killer exactly. This doesn't make a bit of sense man. You are wanting a survivor to give all the other survivors, via teachable perks, bonuses against Killers. No. The Lower Tier Killers have enough things against them.

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202

Only thing I can think of for a survivor perk to possibly(?) counter Spirit is a mix of Ironwill and maybe No Mither? Maybe you can hold your breath at will for a certain amount of time (including groans). While this happens, you have no blood pools. Not sure what would be the requirement for this perk. Maybe a certain amount of chase time to earn it? Or tokens? I just know Spirit is frustrating and I think those are the things that could help someone somewhat escape.