Since DS got nerfed, it shouldn't be countered by slugging.

Options
13»

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Can someone link me the patch notes for the DS nerf? Please? 😕

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704
    Options

ds got buffed

• foochill1
    foochill1 Member Posts: 109
    Options

lol none of these actions towards deactivating ds makes sense like at all? Ok then pop goes the weasel should be significantly shorter timer, one would argue "the killer should go straight to pop a gen" using your logic.

• HamdaN
    HamdaN Member Posts: 343
    Options

id say its more of a suedo tunnel since he was hit right off hook

• sanki
    sanki Member Posts: 261
    Options

U don't need to waste your perk slot if U don't want to...I mean that if there has an obsession in the trail, the killer will regard U all survivors have DS, U just need to change it to "unbreakable".

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    edited October 2019
    Options

I almost never see killers camping a slug. They usually slug then move onto other survivors. When i slug a potential DS i move onto the other survivors, if no one heals them then i come back and hook and if someone does heal them thats fine since that act itself slows the game down. I can then down/hook the slug again without fear.

If im in a dead area i dont mind taking a DS since its easy to down them again, but if they are next to a hundred pallets then on the ground they stay.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

While I'm sure this sucks I highly doubt this is an issue anywhere near "common" (never happens to me) and implementing such a change to punish they few people who behave this way would instead greatly punish the people who don't.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

The perk is quite powerful.... and perfect actually.... powerful because sometimes you just dont realize how long a minute is... sometimes the killer will hook 2 other survivors and come across a DS---> this alone is quite good... then all the fun/"tricky" plays you can do with DS is fun... I hope the team doesn't ever touch it again.... at least for now I do.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    edited October 2019
    Options

The fun thing is, I wouldn't even say I'm a killer main. I play both sides about equally. This forum poster makes a lot of assumptions against those who disagree with him.

DS does feel too short when I play survivor. But when I play killer, and I get hit by DS even though I go out of my way not to tunnel, or I see how powerful DS is during the end game where you have no choice but to slug and wait it out and even then the survivor may be able to crawl out the exit gate, then it becomes easy to see how any changes to DS could and would be abused. And when there are four survivors who could all be running DS... just, no.

The devs try to make perks the answer to unfun gameplay styles/mechanics, and so then players start to think they need to rely on these perks. Ruin, DS, Unbreakable. Band-aid fixes for bigger problems that really don't address the core issues, and any nerf will make them useless and any buff will make them too strong. Perks can't truly fix the problems, but like I said, the devs have trained people to look to perks as the fix. And so we get these threads, instead of people telling the devs that there need to be huge changes made to the game itself to get rid of these elements that no one finds fun.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

Yeah, I agree with you in all of this. Very well thought out.

• djsponge10
    djsponge10 Member Posts: 349
    Options

Decisive strike wasn’t nerfed it was buffed

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539
    Options

It really was. pre-change if I downed an obsession and there was a hook ~2 seconds away they got butterfingered

• NMCKE
    Options

Please, SOMEONE, tell me what happened to DS? PLEASE. 😭

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411
    Options

How about this! (a lot of Brotha's gonna be angry about this) but what if when your slugged with DS the timer gets Slowed by half? kind of a good compromise for slugging =D

• S_Panda
    Options

Instead of an obsession being slugged since there's no hooks nearby (or enduring is used so they'll choose to eat it for less time than current one can do at rank 1 I believe?) anyone can use DS instantly (no chance of being hooked whatsoever, even if you afk after being unhooked) after being picked up within a minute of being unhooked. The meta of using it now is ~40 seconds in run in front of the killer nearby lockers, jump inside, wait to get picked up, if picked up DS, jump back in, head on, if not picked up, head on. You just gained your team ~15 seconds and aren't in a terrible position still.

• S_Panda
    Options

Instead of an obsession being slugged since there's no hooks nearby (or enduring is used so they'll choose to eat it for less time than current one can do at rank 1 I believe?) anyone can use DS instantly (no chance of being hooked whatsoever, even if you afk after being downed) after being picked up within a minute of being unhooked. The meta of using it now is ~40 seconds in run in front of the killer nearby lockers, jump inside, wait to get picked up, if picked up DS, jump back in, head on, if not picked up, head on. You just gained your team ~15 seconds and aren't in a terrible position still.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

I wouldn't mind the removal of the timer as a killer provided these changes are added to it.

1. DS has a infinite time limit.
    2. DS actives on both unhooks even if used prior. Failure to hit the skill check will deactivate the perk for the remainder of the trail. Skill check is bigger by about 5% to accommodate this risk
    3. DS deactivates until your next unhook whenever another survivor becomes hooked and or unhooked.
    4. Only one DS will be active at a time.
    5. If your the last survivor in the trial DS automatically becomes deactivated.
    6. DS has priority meaning no actions by the killer, so if downed at the unhook you will be able to use DS regardless.
    7. Killer who is hit by DS will have the stun penalty increased by 1.5 second for every DS successfully used on them in the trial. (Max of a 10 second stun on the 4th DS strike successfully used.)

This way I feel DS becomes a true anti tunneling perk. People who dont tunnel wont be affected by it and those who are toxic can't abuse the time limit and force a DS out of someone. Wont encourage the slugging tactic either.

• mmain
    mmain Member Posts: 430
    Options

Having DS only be active for 60 seconds seems to be very fair. However, what isn't fair is when a killer intentionally drops a survivor to prevent them from being able to use it.

If it were up to me (and I know many of you will be glad it isn't) this is what I would do with DS.

If killer picks up a survivor that has DS active it will remain active until:

a) survivor misses the DS skill check

b) survivor is hung

c) survivor is healed

This would remove any incentive killers have to drop a survivor to keep them from using a legitimate perk.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

The surv should also lose DS the moment they touch a gen.

• mmain
    mmain Member Posts: 430
    Options

I would have no problem with there being certain things that make survivors lose DS. That seems reasonable. I just hate seeing anyone (whether playing killer or survivor) manipulate things to give them an unfair advantage.

• TwistrBlitz
    TwistrBlitz Member Posts: 91
    Options

The scrub mentality is real on this board. Slugging to prevent DS is 100%fair. Things should have counterplay.

Run unbreakable if it’s common in your games.

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202
    Options

LOL bring Inner Strength and Head On if they don't fall for the DS locker trick. I kid, but yes it's frustrating. Idk if you're saying the killer tunnels you off hook or is sitting at hook waiting for you to get unhooked. If he's tunneling back to hook maybe pay attention where someone's doing a gen then go to them especially if they're far away from the hook. Ig just play semi-immersed and away from the hook. If he's camping, good luck. Maybe if you get the chance to get to a locker, run Inner Strength and Head On if they're gonna sit and wait the timer out. Maybe even run Dead Hard to get to the locker lol. If they're gonna wait exactly 60 seconds you'll have exhaustion back hopefully.

• NMCKE
    Options

OP said it was nerfed, what was specifically nerfed about the perk? :(

• Trotfoxx
    Trotfoxx Member Posts: 105
    Options

Inner Strength, Unbrakable, DS, Adrenaline.

There you have an anti-tunneling build if you hate it so much. You have options to avoid this situation.

DS is fine at it is now.

• JoshMarksman
    JoshMarksman Member Posts: 2
    Options

Personally i think DS should remain 60 seconds, if you start working on a gen/ healing other players/ saboing hooks/ cleansing a totem your DS timer will go down x2 as fast while performing these actions. If you are downed within the seconds remaining, ds will remain active until used or revived by unbreakable/ other survivors

• Tensor
    Tensor Member Posts: 254
    Options

Maybe if your slugged within the timeframe that DS is active, you can up yourself just like that Bill perk

• sekkima
    sekkima Member Posts: 194
    Options

The DS does not bother me (I usually do not tunnel, so I do not notice them), but when they enter the lockers or get hit, I will eat the DS but I will make the Tunnel of their lives.

Personally, I believe that DS, BT, self-care and unbreakable should be activated when unhook (regardless of whether you carry the skills or not), you get a 50% penalty on repairs / purifications, all protection effects are eliminated when interacting with gens, totems, protection, lockers, you heal completely or when some escape route is already active. The killer could still tunnel, but it would take a long time and not affect him at the endgame.

Obviously, this has many gaps, but the idea is understood and the problem of the genrush with which they like to repair while they are injured is solved.

• StupidPallets
    StupidPallets Member Posts: 395
    Options

Are you guys reading this? I mean, really reading this?

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

It should not affect anyone who doesn't tunnel in the first place. I've maybe been hit by DS 3 times since the rework and most of that was because of the Jane perk Head On creating that annoying locker meta while needing to locate the last survivor.