Since DS got nerfed, it shouldn't be countered by slugging.

Options

Comments

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

Did I miss a patch? What nerf did ds get

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

I just can join all the opinions here. If the killer stares at you for 60 seconds, you should be happy that the killer is having a stupid selfchosen bad time. If other survivors recognize you are slug-camped and just wait instead of going to a gen, it is a bad team. If you don't like being slugged, this is, sorry, your problem. Both cases that are not the perks problem.

And what would be the situation if you pause the timer on being slugged? Free 60 seconds working on gens, no matter what the killer does. So everyone could run DS and 3 gens are done without the killer being able to avoid that. Running DS, No Mither and unbreakable would be the new meta. You running towards a gen? Killer can down youm the timer is paused. You get up again quickly with unbreakable, as often as you want with no mither. As soon as you are up, the timer goes on and you can work on the gen again. Only possibility for the killer, slug you again. Every 15 seconds, not being able to do anything else, as you cannot do anything within 15 seconds. Or just let you work on the gen for the remaining time. This times 4.

Or: just eat the DS of course. But to be honest, the number 1 argument on most srvivor posts is counterplay. This argument nerfs and destroys killers since the beginning. So you should eat this killer counterplay, or suggest something else as a valid counterplay to DS.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited October 2019
    Options

DS used to start out active and the obsession would get the skill check after probably a second of being carried and non-obsession players could wiggle to 45% (maybe 35%, not exactly sure) and get the skill check. It would deactivate after use and it stunned for three seconds, enduring worked on it.

The only counter it had was dropping someone and picking them up repeatedly while slowly bringing them to a hook but body blocking countered the counter and you actually wasted more time using the counter than taking the stun.

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375
    Options

Thank the fog, I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking this.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938
    Options

I thought it was nerfed to this so that it could be countered in the first place?

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

Got something for you. Equip "Unbreakable" instead of DS. So they can't slug you anymore.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772
    Options

In short : NO!

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

Don't worry, you didn't miss anything. DS is the strongest it ever was.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

unpopular opinion I guess ,but the new DS is fine. 60 seconds is plenty of time for you to recover and if a teammate doesn’t get you up well I guess start running unbreakable if it’s happening that often?

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

Then dont do bad unhooks and if there should be no counterplay to ds then you go exactly there where ds was back in the days before the nerf. No counterplay. That is the entire reason of the "nerf", and the new ds is really nice and balanced.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited October 2019
    Options

If killer camps the slug for 60 seconds that should be game lost for killer if survivors are half decent.

What I personally do is jump into locker and force them to eat the DS or wait till timer runs out.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    Options

I dont have friends so I always play solo, and it works, not always but its effective, sometime you have to accept defeat and sometime you make the big escape and tbag at exit door

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

DS is the counter to tunneling; slugging is the counter to DS; lockers are the counter to slugging. This is, as Dead by Daylight goes, is a healthy string of counterplay options.

OP, you just don't like being slugged, and think that the killer should be forced to eat your freebie stun 100% of the time, and seem to be unwilling to accept the upside that the killer waiting out the slug means more breathing room for your teammates to do gens.

Too many survivor players seem to think about these kinds of things in a selfish, individual way instead of putting it in terms of the net gain/loss for the full group, as they should. If you bleed out and the other three survivors pop gens and escape, that was a win. It doesn't matter one bit what happened to you, it matters what happened to everyone collectively.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    edited October 2019
    Options

DS is fine as it is now. Strong perk but can be countered. I haven't faced many killers that wasted 60 seconds standing next to me while I'm in dying state. Usually they just pick you up and you can use it, or they'll down you and search for someone else meanwhile, which is the smartest thing to do.

It gives another teammate time to pick you up, which also gives the killer time in game, since 3 persons are not doing gens if this happens. (one on the floor, one picking him up and another one getting chased).

• AkiTheKitten
    AkiTheKitten Member Posts: 670
    Options

Ah yes, remove the only counterplay to DS. Just either bring Unbreakable or crawl away

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

If the killer waites 60 seconds for your DS, he will very probably lose the game.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

You've got to be careful about the balance though.

It doesn't JUST affect slugging to wait it out, it also means if you get unhooked with a gate open, you are just GUARANTEED an escape because there's no way to down someone in that case without being stabbed, or you wait 60 seconds to down and they're already out the gate.

As much as people will be like "I am entitled to escape just for bringing a perk!" it would be an incredibly unbalanced situation. As both sides you are always meant to have a potential chance to succeed, and this simply removes it for the killer.

Also if a killer is slugging out your timer, either they're standing on top of you doing nothing and 3 gens get 75% completed, or they're leaving you on the ground to do other stuff and you have a chance to be healed up, either way it's a net gain for your team. A perk should not coddle you as hard as being impossible to counterplay besides just NEVER downing anyone within 60 seconds.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696
    Options

I've hooked someone, left hooked another person, meanwhile first person has gotten of the hook, found them again sometime later and still get hit by DS. So yeah slugging sounds much better

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options
  • 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129
    Options

It should be paused when on the ground and/or when you are get chased - time

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 446
    Options

*Cough* Ds should deactivate instantly when Killer hooks another survivor while you still have ds active.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

DS doesn't exactly counter tunneling as it determines tunneling in the most lazy way possible, a 60second timer on it. If you try to hook that survivor again, killer most probably will eat a stun. Not even mentioning lockers or accidental grabs over a pallet.

Sometimes killer down and hook another survivor, there was no tunneling and yet DS is active. The perk should have unlimited usage so doesn't matter after 1st or 2nd hook. I don't understand why the killer should be punished only once for tunneling, why not twice?

But it should also deactivate as soon as another survivor was hooked. Slugging should also stay as counterplay due to survivors picking same survivor + outfit.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

People have to stop phasing ds like it recently got a nerf because as you said it's still really strong

• BirdmanOwO
    BirdmanOwO Member Posts: 43
    Options

Then DS should either deactivate if you hook another player, or if that player jumps into a locker. You're literally asking for a perk with a tiny bit of counterplay to have less counterplay.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,803
    Options

to be honest I don't know why people slug ds unless it's endgame hell just take it like most people do

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614
    Options

I've said it once, I'll say it again:

DS SHOULD DEACTIVATE WHEN:

• You enter a locker (You would only do this if you felt like you had lost the killer, and now going to stealth away)
    • Another survivor was hooked (If another survivor is hooked and YOU still got use DS you made a TERRIBLE save and deserve to die)
    • You start working on a gen (You obviously feel safe enough that you're not being tunneled and have lost the killer)
    • You are healed to full health. (You were not being tunneled if you were healed to full health, especially after insta-heals are changed).

If all of these instances were implemented, then I would be totally fine with the 60 second timer. If not, then that timer needs to be significantly shorter.

I slug and leave. If you take it, YOU are the one taking time off. If you slug and leave, then thats a survivor who is not doing a gen, and possibly another who is leaving a gen to come heal them. If you stupidly take the DS then you're stunned, you have not delayed the survivors at all, and now are back into a chase.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614
    Options

This is especially true during end game, and you have a survivor on the hook. They all swarm the hook, taking turns being downed, and DSing you when you try to pick them up, or prevent them from just crawling away - sometimes through the gate if the hook is poorly placed.

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765
    Options

To be a true anti-tunnel perk, you should lose DS when:

1. The survivor is fully healed.
    2. The survivor interacts with a generator or locker.
    3. Healed from the dying state.
    4. Another survivor is hooked.

For the first, if the survivor is fully healed, they now have the same amount of hits that DS would afford them. You no longer need it.

For the second, if a survivor decides to start working on objectives or focusing on hiding instead of looking for help, you no longer need it.

For the third, if you were left n the ground and the killer left long enough to let you be healed from the dying state, you now have the same amount hits that DS would afford you. You no longer need it.

For the fourth, if another survivor is hooked before you are, you weren't tunneled so you no longer need the anti-tunneling effect.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options
  • humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,803
    Options
  • Theoretical_Heart
    Theoretical_Heart Member Posts: 398
    Options

Use Unbreakable if you refuse to use Unbreakable then you are admitting that slugging isn't as common as you say. If it is as common as you say then unbreakable solves your problem.

• palotheas
    palotheas Member Posts: 118
    Options

Maybe ds should work like an exhaustion perk. Or maybe like adrenaline where it exhausts you after you use it but it works if you're already exhausted.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,671
    Options

The devs have clearly stated that there are no plans to rework DS in the near future.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
    edited October 2019
    Options

Nerfed? HA.

I still see 4 ds every single game past rank 10. If anything is still too strong.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Can I see the source of this nerf?

I literally can not find the patch notes about this topic. 😕

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I'm ok with that.

But once you fully heal or you start touching a generator again you can't call tunneling

Slug you the timer doesn't go down but if you start actively making progress to the objective it should deactivate decisive strike because you're not being tunnel that stage

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580
    Options

If there was a perk that read "stop the killer for 60 seconds when you are downed, the killer can not do anything for the next 60 seconds" it would be considered really op.

That's the situation you were in, and it's also why ds doesn't need a buff. And most killers overestimate the time So you probably get more than 60 seconds.

The perk does it's job by robbing the killer time if he tunnels, either by getting ds'ed and having to chase again or slugging for 60+ seconds.

• GennyFromTheBlock
    GennyFromTheBlock Member Posts: 113
    Options

LMAO.

You don't believe that cuz not even God believes that.

If there are tentacles on any of the Survivor head icons, killers slug.

If there aren't any tentacles, slugging is way less likely to occur.

Stop gas lighting.

• GennyFromTheBlock
    GennyFromTheBlock Member Posts: 113
    Options

Why do you care?

You were able to hook TWO OTHER SURVIVORS.

Don't you complain of Gen rushing?

How do Killah Mainz cry about gen rushing, but then end trials with Solo Ques in 5 minutes.

You can't have your cake AND eat it, too.

• macrobiology
    macrobiology Member Posts: 13
    Options

This is why I run DS and Head On. If they wait out my DS, I can still use head on; only if I manage to make it to a locker though.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

What are you even talking about? No part of your response makes sense to what I said.

The match ended quickly after that. All 4 escaped and I didn't even get a BBQ 4 stack. If I hadn't gotten DS'd, I would've been able to keep some pressure on them. They probably all still would've escaped, but maybe I at least would've hooked everyone once. That would've been nice.

• Ramosaurus40
    Ramosaurus40 Member Posts: 9
    Options

The only people complaining about DS Timers are survivor mains that are salty that some people KNOW the counter. You know how long it took for me to understand DS as a Killer Main?! A LONG TIME! Actually, I didn't fully get how it worked till I got the perk for myself when I played with family! If you don't like being slugged by a killer that has a brain and understands the fact that its possible that you MAY have DS then just switch your perk. There's other options.

• foochill1
    foochill1 Member Posts: 109
    edited October 2019
    Options

Lol, when not doing anything becomes a counter, youre trippin bad bro, too bad if you dont get to use a perk, some killer lose ruin in the first 10 secs of a game, and you're seriously complaining that they they countering DS by not picking you up😆😆😂 one of the most pathetic thibgs ive heard, you must be pretty bad I'm sorry, not sorry.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

Why do you take the time to be rude to every Killer?

• Steamtastic_Vagabond
    Options

The latest entry in the Survivor’s Rulebook for Killers

• suli033
    suli033 Member Posts: 81
    Options

Ds should give a deep wound effect afterwards to the survivor so all these killers stop crying then increase the ds timer so then it's even on both sides and nobody slugs to avoid a perk "Simple as that".