Withering Blight event postponed...

Comments

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

You are right. I shouldn't use the word everyone as the vast majority will understand as those who post are a very small minority. Sometimes my hands move faster than my brain 😂 kinda like my mouth at times.

I've edited the post. Thank you for pointing it out 🙂.

• alienschmalien
    alienschmalien Member Posts: 151

I'm glad you have more faith in them than I do. Because I don't.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

The Tentative seems to pop out to me for some reason.

Don't take me for defending the Devs here. I just don't care about the event or the mid chapter patch.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Hey bud, if you don't like the Devs so much, quit whining on there forums about it and play a different game. All I see out of you is 100% negativity and judgmental hate speech for the devs. Pack it in, realize things happen that can't be controlled, and move on.

• Razorvine
    Razorvine Member Posts: 10

They never announced the Blood Hunt that idea was based on people data mining when the PTB came out. So no there was never an actual official announcement of a Blood Hunt. And since they never officially announced it they can't officially cancel/deny/confirm anything.

BUT ... Big But... It seems highly unlikely that they didn't create the banner that was mined, and then not actually intended to run a Blood Hunt over the Halloween weekend. Originally anyways... Who knows now what they intend to do.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

#########'s bound to happen occasionally. I'd love to know what these "unforeseen circumstances" are, though. Last time I checked, its not the first time they've done an event like this.

• Razorvine

Fair enough, though the quoted post in your prior post was about the Blood Hunt not the Blight event and that's why I brought it up.

• Not_a_TrACE
    Not_a_TrACE Member Posts: 6

Rediculous.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

I second this. Even your fog whisperers were excited for the big 22ND mid chapter update.

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367

I think maybe we just accept that quality control trumps planned events, as they noted in more than post the Blight event was scheduled for October 22, and that would need a coding patch, so it was reasonable to assume that the mid chapter 3.3.0 patch would deliver the event in one go. Surely its better not to have the event and patch dropped tomorrow then have a firestorm of complaints that "it doesnt work"?

• N_o
    N_o Member Posts: 28

Since you stated 2 years... ill imply that you werent here for launch. cause if you were you wouldnt complain about how this game is being run. considering its MILES better than launch... Half the current population wouldnt survive 1.0. You'd be smashing your keyboards in minutes. Ill take current state dbd and dbd staff vs 2016 any day of the week.

• Keanuqwerty
    Keanuqwerty Member Posts: 126

if it was a prank they wouldnt bother backing up that the event isnt coming out today

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

The devs have always been dog ######### at talking to the community and telling us release dates. For spirit it took about a month after she hit PTB to come out and they never said a word about it. We won't know the release date for archives until it actually comes out. Which could be any time between Wednesday/Thursday and a month from now. It's a shame because i haven't played DBD almost at all since June because I've been waiting for the archives

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

Behavior will neve announce anything until the day it releases. That's what they almost always do unfortunately. They usually refuse to give any exact dates for things

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Afff, this is a very sad announcement, so much hype for nothing. And i thought we would get the archives tomorrow too. What a burden..

• Hellz_Minion666
    Hellz_Minion666 Member Posts: 33

Severely disappointing BHVR

• MrGolden32467
    MrGolden32467 Member Posts: 99

Thank you devs for trying to make your game better for us to play, even if that means disappointing most of us with some postponing. I hope most of the PTB bugs will be resolved :D

I do find sad that we're not getting more transparency on whatever is happening right now in the Studio from you guys though :/

I'm sure you devs will find a way to make us all happy in the end and give us a wonderful Withering Blight event and Archives Mid chapter 3.3.0 patch.

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454

Unfortunate.

I am really excited for the new stuff and had hopes it would start today.

But if that means the rift might become easier to complete then I am more than fine with that.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

For any avoidance of doubt from people who don't read.

(the event will still be the same length regardless of when it starts)

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted. Don't worry, the length of the event will remain the same!

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

We will be able to play and grind vials just in time for christmas dont worry guys

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

The only developer I am aware of, that I am following, that actually keeps to their roadmap is the developers of Risk of Rain 2.

Roadmaps, to me, is just a shield that you can hide behind to block criticism on why development is slow. Its kinda like that "Its a Beta™" response.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

We literally just could have Serum tied to gens and hooks, it isn't that hard. But wait, we have to tie this to the Rift so our players will actually consider looking at it. It isn't that hard to just have an event by itself, it doesn't have to tie in with a huge update.

• Capaldi
    Capaldi Member Posts: 24

I think that not confirming anything anytime as an excuse like "we didn't confirmed it, so you shouldn't be disappointed" it's not a very good strategy to keep your player base happy honestly.

• Jimsalabim
    Jimsalabim Member Posts: 641

well i'm not even surprised to see this news. it doesnt effect me anymore since i jumped boat to Identity V. And for good reason. These devs are incompetent and money seekers. the reason i played the game is still it is a fun game in its core but the lack of commitment to make the game better is just mindblowing. They mostly concentrate on making money and not making the game better. but don't you worry guys, the next set of new skins are already in the pipe line. Enjoy!

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,450
  • Razorvine

It's weird cause they tried to play a little bit of a shell game with the whole Mid-chapter update. And their announcement made it seem like they thought that they hadn't already confirmed that the Blight Event was connected to the Rift.

Well we didn't announce the date of the Mid-chapter update so why are you all worried about that .... But it was clearly tied to the Event because of the Rift.. And the Event's dates were confirmed! So it's like they were pretending that they were separate even though it was clear to anybody who had been paying attention that they weren't.

I'd almost say it was a CYA tactic but if so it was a poor one cause it didn't take into account all the info that we all already knew.

I get that there might be legal technicalities where since there was never a technical mid-chapter patch release date announcement that they couldn't confirm a date.

But it's like super Bizzaro to pretend that they are completely separate when they clearly aren't. It's a bunch of corporate double speak that makes no sense in context.

• bomb1720
    bomb1720 Member Posts: 428

exactly, that is why i suggested on another post, making the event last for at least 21 days but a month would be better. not everybody can collect all the stuff in time for it's actual purpose.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

So hows the event going for everyone? 😥

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,450

They don't want people to be able to get everything for free.

The system is set up in such a way that players are encouraged to spend money.

• MissWonder
    MissWonder Member Posts: 4

Helstar, WHY ARE YOU ON THIS FORUM THEN!!!! I mean i am disappointed I was really excited about that event. BHVR gave us a very enjoyable game even with it's bugs and flaws and they keep trying to give us more from it by listening to our complaints and shits. It's delayed: Oh Trappy gingersnaps! I will have to wait ! :( BE like the trapper don't be a snowflake ... LOL😉

PEACE XOX

• bomb1720

yes this is very true but it works both ways. some people can't aford skins so once in a while freebies is good. but to keep employed people stay in game and purchasing stuff, than at least give more notice if issues need fixing. what ever the issue they must have, they must have known before they told us. not fair to people taking time of work and maybe like i have said before, we wouldn't take time of work if they given us a realistic amount of days to collect it all. MEH!

• bomb1720

where ever you got that from i would like to know? what are the new maps for? does anybody know yet?

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Thats always an issue with skins and there is always a risk of having some players not being able to play in the time of the event at all. Taking time of work is a choice and events are generally set up so you can complete them and work at the same time which I have done with every event in the past.

An unforseen issue can pop up at anytime and if it's a game breaking bug or its simply not working most devs will work on it trying to fix it up until the last minute as postponing is always a last resort. It's not something any dev willingly wants to do but ######### happens and its something we all have to accept as it's better to be able to play an event that works than one which has issues.

• bomb1720

i was agreeing with you, you know. completely agree if stuff needs to be fixed before release let it happen. don't release if it's going to get messed up. i was just saying a bit more notice would have been better.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

*Nothing happens*

*Absolutely nothing happens*

dbd player: Devs are incompetents