Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What can we understand under "Postponed"?

How long is postponed for you? I can't be bothered to play the Halloween event when Halloween is over.

Comments

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348

Honestly, I feel the same. It be nice if it was out Friday at the latest but I feel like it's going to be next Tuesday.

B3 halloween themed event Bloody Harvest is coming out Thursday so will mess around with that I guess

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Its not a big development team and thankfully they don't overwork people for crunch times in situations like this so it's only natural this kinda thing happens occasionally. Just be patient, its only a game.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Days? Weeks? Months? Nobody knows!

• ClogWench

If they can't get it out earlier thats just how it is. That can't be changed. Better late than never at least. Its a horror game anyway, it's not like it's going to be out of place in November.

• ClogWench

Except it's not inherently Halloween themed. Its just a different aesthetic of horror that isn't directly tied to Halloween.

• December_1863
    December_1863 Member Posts: 206
    edited October 2019

we might get a date for the update nearing the end of November, don't worry about it, the devs got our backs.

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

I have been sent home from a very famous band live show, once, because it was postponed to the next year.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Postponed = Soon™

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

If the delay was due to one of the consoles rejecting the update. What benefit would it be to have that infomation go public? It could cause problems between bhvr and console company.

The event itself doesn't seem to be anything special. The matches and offerings are just for bonus bp. The stuff for the cosmetics are inside the rift. You will have plenty of time to get those.

• MrsMaliciousX
    MrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 736

something like this happened when the clown (I think) came out. It got postponed for everyone but PS4 had to wait like and extra 3 weeks I think it was to even get the DLC. Caused a HUGE up roar. I understand WHY they don't want to say anything, But honestly us PS4 players back then would have just liked to know what was going on. Cause they were radio silent them too until the patch was about to hit.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

If that were the case, they would've launched it on PC + the consoles that did get approved.

They've done exactly that in the past, after all.

No, I think it's something bigger then console authorisation holding it back. If it was specific to one platform, it wouldn't be delayed on all four.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Peanits Dev∙Community Manager › Dev, Community Manager Posts: 3,951

9:57AM

I don't see how the rudeness is necessary. Everyone here is working hard to get it ready as soon as possible. This is one of the biggest updates in a long time combined with an engine update. Some things went wrong and we wouldn't feel comfortable putting the update out in the state it's in. I'm sorry if this is disappointing to you, but shoving the update out the door right now isn't a better option.

As far as the event goes, everything will still be happening according to plan, just slightly after it was originally planned. You won't lose any days, the end date will be shifted back to match.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

No they wouldn't. They have been very strict on having simultaneous updates after the event MrsMaliciousX decribed.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

my question is: have you ever played any other game before dbd? Ive seen ######### far worse than this and honestly they are releasing a big patch so they are trying to do it right. Screw it if there is to wait sone more, I want to play too but I can understand things can go wrong especially since they are a small team

• adalesmo
    adalesmo Member Posts: 164
    edited October 2019

It would be nice if they would specify what exactly it is, I'm assuming it's a lot of the issues with the Nurse rework. Hoping it's by Friday... Or at least they extend it more into November.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

I'd rather it to be delayed than they making people around the clock and make them miserable. It happens, and there's far worse in life...

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Oi what was one of the bugs you guys found!

I love hearing about bugs!

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

They'll either have it really soon (within 1/2 days) or leave it until Monday where they can tweak certain things if needs be. In my opinion.

• JiggleWiggle
    JiggleWiggle Member Posts: 329

Im just really sad that they put two things together on one release date and there is absolutely no need to overfeed us.

I was really hyped for the actual Halloween stuff, the flashlights, the medkits, another lobby animation, another soundtrack. So yeah im kinda disappointed that i have to play that after the Halloween hype is over.

Thankfully they're working on them bug fixes and unforeseen circumstances thats holding back the archives and the rift, no need to hurry I'd rather have a functional addition with achievable quests.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

What was the issue with the bugs?

I am only on my Playstation every other week so I was looking forward to it this week, I hope I actually get the chance to play, most events happen when I'm not around.

• harry14141414
    harry14141414 Member Posts: 356

I dont recall anytime devs postponed anything in the last 2 years.. whats with all this mad comments

• LegionGhostface
    LegionGhostface Member Posts: 162

we’re not intentionally being rude, and it’s just feedback that’s being provided in a frustrated manner. how could anyone not be frustrated by a highly anticipated PLANNED event? there should have been many more inspections pertaining to this event and ensured that it would be stable for release. last minute (day before release), you guys tell us it’s postponed and no clarification or specific reason?? how are we not supposed to be dissatisfied? you know that there has to be a specific time line for the release of this event, meaning that it shouldn’t be too close to halloween or after; therefore, why not make sure everything is entirely ready prior? please don’t get your community falsely hyped up with inaccurate information. truly disappointing.