The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How can 4 rank 11 survivors fail to complete a single generator?

Rex_Huin
Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Because that's what happened in one of my games last night.

We played a very good ghostface but when I was on the hook I could see what the fellow survivors were doing - basically just walking around aimlessly. No-one doing gens. At all. I think we were all spooked because the killer got 3 early hooks.

Still though its ridiculous. How is it even possible not one gen got done....

Comments

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Because rank ultimately doesn't really matter. You can be Rank 1 and not even get close to finishing a single gen. Or you can be Rank 20 and finish every gen before the killer lands a single hit on everyone.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

That's solo life. Run Kindred to give them needed info.

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

Depends on the map if it was a smaller one it isn't worth wasting time on a gen when you can just get wglf unhook stacks on a match you've essentially already lost.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Rank 11 is very easy an quick to hit. Infact all ranks are easy to get too it just takes time.

Around rank 11 is still where a lot of the new players will sit until they get better at the game and learn not to overly fear doing the objective.

• DesiringEagle75
    DesiringEagle75 Member Posts: 25

You could've very easily said "How can 4 rank X survivors fail to complete a single generator" and it'd still be true. Like someone said above, the best way to at least get them to do something is to run Kindred. Also, if the Killer was using Hex:Ruin, then it's pretty much guaranteed at that rank that no one's going to finish a gen. So in that case, you'll have to be the MVP and either find and destroy Ruin or get chased long enough for someone to eventually wander into it.

• Rex_Huin

Thanks for the input everyone.

I think there is a point in a game where you realise 5 gens aren't getting done and at that point you know you are in horrible grindy game where you have to outlast the fellow survivors.

Morale drops pretty quickly and people go for cheap points or try to escape from the hook etc because they don't really care..

That point came pretty quickly in this game. Ghostface was running Ruin and also Nurses Calling which is a pretty potent perk for a killer with no terror radius.

I hate Ghostface!

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

I think Noob3 had a video of a facecamping hillbilly rank 2 soooooooo yeah.

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
    edited October 2019

Was it on PS4? Because I was playing Ghostface yesterday and the same thing happened to me. Do you remember the other perks?

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I'd rather die with my hands on a generator then sipping tea with Claudette in the grass.

• xGREENCATx
    xGREENCATx Member Posts: 431

This is why i hate hate hate solo queue. Especially if there’s ruin. It’s like the survivors immediately have a heart attack if there’s ruin and think the games unplayable while I’m doing 4 gens through ruin alone, so sometimes I say f it and run around the map like an idiot following them looking for ruin too. 😂 like I’m not gonna do all the work just so I can die at the end no thank you ma’am.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Doing gens,you?

• Rex_Huin
    edited October 2019

I only remember Ruin and Nurses. I think the map was Shelter Woods or Groaning Storehouse. I was Kate with a white event T-shirt and got caught twice in the basement.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Just do your numbers to safety pip and proceed to fool around, that's what I do when I see others not doing S. 2 totems + 2-3 full gens and you can do as you please in terms of piping.

• xGREENCATx
    xGREENCATx Member Posts: 431

Exactly. And get a save or two. Because I do know there are survivors out there who literally wait around doing as little as possible on purpose just to escape. So annoying.

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    edited October 2019

I think it was me. If the ruin and nurses were green and the Ghostface teabagged, it was definitely me

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

After getting my safety pip I love running towards the players who ain't doing S just to get the killer to chase them, LOL. "You don't feel like working, ok, then let us work whyle you get owned"

• Rex_Huin
  • Rin_is_my_waifu
    edited October 2019

But how did I match with you? I was rank 7 or 6

Matchmaking broken again

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    edited October 2019

Oh I also had pgtw if that helps. Anyway it was a fun match xD

• Rex_Huin

I don't remember but I do know that matchmaking was all over the place last night. Next match was a rank 20 killer...

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

I love dueling Ghost Face in stealth battles.

I like to bring Ninja Feng with No Mither, Urban Evasion and Iron Will. Sometimes when I am not particularly serious and messing around I try to stalk Ghost Face and creep up on him all game long. He finds me eventually though when I screw up.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

You can match with players 6ranks +/- your rank.. so you're actually in the green there.

• Ranster
    Ranster Member Posts: 7

I've done this as killer. I had just prestiged legion and went into a game to do a challenge and ended up getting 31k blood points with 4 kills and there were 5 gens left at rank 7. I'm pretty sure it was a swf too because one of them was rank 20 and the other three were 5 or 6. It's a good day when you 4k with 5 gens but that day was even better with no perks. I don't know how they didn't get any done but it was a fun game nonetheless.

• Demogorgon84
    Demogorgon84 Member Posts: 25

That happened to me today too with a ghostface. I guess survivors get all scared when people play ghostface

• ZahmZaddy
    ZahmZaddy Member Posts: 54

Spine Chill, with all the Oblivious coming, it may become meta. Who knows?

Not saying you SHOULD run it, but it has helped me tremendously in red ranks. FYI. :)

• bomb1720
    bomb1720 Member Posts: 428

it mostly happens when killer keeps getting everybody so dam quickly. so all you get chance to do is rescue heal chase on and on. which is anoying sometimes and boring. it just gets to a point where " nope i'm not gonna go again, surely there must be somebody closer than me" maybe killer is near by at least two but they are creeping away not to be seen.

• bomb1720
    bomb1720 Member Posts: 428

exactly, sometimes some games just get messed up and theres nothing you can do😴