Apparently survivors aren't allowed to break dull totems anymore.

Plot twist - A survivor made that rule.

Had a survivor get angry at me for breaking dull totems. Apparently he was running Inner Fire (wasn't even a Nancy) and me breaking the dull totems to prevent a Dr.s NOED (which he had) was being a ######### teammate.

Don't get me wrong if someone pre-trial asks me not to I won't but expecting players to give every killer NOED in the off chance someone has Inner Fire is just silly.

Comments

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

I usually only break dull totems when I have inner strength or I suspect NOED. I use small game with inner strength and its actually not bad

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Oh this should totally be a rule. coughs

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

I have this problem too but it's reasonable on my teammates' part to cleanse when they can. If it bothers me I ask them to let me cleanse dull totems in lobby, but I generally don't bother. If I'm stuck without a totem later on in the game I just find someone to heal me, that sucker busted my totem so they least they can do is patch me up.

I find it more annoying when survivors hassle me for going into a locker.

There are times when I was counting on a basement unhooker to unhook me then dash up the stairs to leave a scratchmark trail while I jumped into a locker in the basement.

But when the teammate saw this he ran back down and gestured me to get out of the locker. Killer comes down, whacks him dead, then finds me in locker and now we're both on hook. :)

PSA Survivors: if I jump into a locker from the basement hook I'm not afraid or hiding. I'm healing so when if the killer decides to come back for me I can run up and take a hit to escape! The best thing you can do for me is run out and pretend we both ran away.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I break all dull totems I see, both because of NOED and the blood points I get. There is no way to know if the survivor is running Inner Fire and if they are, they can't expect the others to just gamble with luck and avoid getting the points too.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

I run small game every match and cleanse every single totem. Running inner strength? You better find a totem and cleanse it before I get to it. IDGAF. If the choice is saving totems for a random chance someone is running a perk or preventing NOED 100%.... I'm preventing NOED and getting my easy 5k points.

• ZahmZaddy
    ZahmZaddy Member Posts: 54

I've ran inner strength and broke a dull to get my perk activated, then if I came across another dull, I still broke it, I wasn't depending on other team mates to break it.

In red ranks running inner strength can be tedious, all totems seem to get broken early game. lol

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

If you ask me, 5 totems should be cleansed long before touching any gen.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

ah I've gotten teammates like that as well just ignore them

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,010

Breaking dull totems is a waste of time, anyway.

But that's the risk of running IS. That Survivor has no one but themselves to blame.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

how are they a waste of time you can have half of a boldness bar without being chased if you actually get all 5

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

If I can prevent no one escapes death it's not a waste of time to me.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

The bad part of Inner Strength is it tempts you to leave totems alone after you banked one. That's what I do and sometimes, just sometimes, it bites me in the butt when the killer can't catch me and I end up not needing to use the IS bank. I end up genrushing and boom! NoEd.

• honestscript
    honestscript Member Posts: 259

I've started to leave totems because of inner strength, But I'll usually do 1. However I'm making it a habit to immediately start looking for NoEd right after the gates are powered. I'll go straight for the one's i remember seeing.