Prayer Beads Bracelet - how could it be balanced out?

Mister_xD
Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

hello all,

today i come with both a question to discuss and a possible change proposal to the Prayer Beads Bracelet!

The Prayer Beads Bracelet is, according to most, the strongest Add On the Spirit has and many even go as far as to say, that this Add On is what makes the Killer OP / too strong.

so i decided to sit down and think about a possible change towards it, that would help it becoming more fair while also keeping its main strength and i came up with the following idea:

Prayer Beads Bracelet

A powerful Bracelet that reads a sacred mantra

• while using Yamaoka's Haunting, the Spirits Terror Radius will affect the whole map

with this change, we could get rid of what most people say is too strong with it, the Survivor not knowing when she phases to allow her to get cheeky gen grabs, while also being able to use it efficiently during chases, as the survivor would keep hearing your heartbeat, assuming you were still chasing them normally when in fact you are phasing - also effectively removing the phase sound.

all the Prayer Beads Bracelet does for you is extend the area in which your phasing sound cant be heard, which would still be a thing with my change idea, though there would now be what most players always wanted: an indication of you phasing to avoid random gen grabs.

now that you know how i would change it, lets come to the actual discussion:

how do you feel about this Add On?

what would you change, if you had the power to do so?

should we try to keep the current effect, similar to my proposal, or should it just be completely reworked?

please discuss down below!

Comments

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

That addon needs a completely different effect imho.

• AkiTheKitten
    AkiTheKitten Member Posts: 670

How about this?

Survivors no longer hear the Spirit while phasing.

Instead of being invisible while phasing, survivors now see her phase in and out (like an extreme version of passive phasing)

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

Spirit gains undetectable for 10s after phasing. Increase passive phasing frequency for 10s after phasing.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

It should be changed altogether, I like the undetectable idea.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Undetectable isn't even that good tho, it would have to be a lot of timem

• Athaeme
    Athaeme Member Posts: 19

I had this same Idea

• while using Yamaoka's Haunting, the Spirits Terror Radius will affect the whole map

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

While phasing the phasing sound will be global. So its basically bone clapper but its spirit clapper. :P

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
    edited October 2019

No. It is a heavy nerf, since you'll always know when she is phasing and this will ruin her mindgames. As a result the add on will be rendered useless.

If you are having a hard time versing this add on, you can run spine chill which is a very good perk in general.

I would only agree with the rarity swap but again I'm not sure because spine chill exists

And dont forget to git gud

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985

They should just make a downside that removes the spirit's ability to grab survivors in the post-phase state. Easy first hits, but no more completely shutting down the objective by insta downing people who try to do gens.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,204
    edited October 2019

I think that before anyone thinks of changing prayer beads (and even Wakazashi saya/Yakuyoke Amulet), it might be ok as-is if certain things are changed about the way she is within the realm. Raising her footstep audio, enabling grass movement, and removing collision may fix a lot of complaints. *Maybe*. Even with these adjustments she will be very strong.

• Spirit_Hag
    Spirit_Hag Member Posts: 168

its fine as is

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Whole TR seems nice. Would't be useless, but not annoying also.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

If you are being mind gamed by her phasing than you are likely already on her terrorist radius so you wouldn't see a change.

This would give an advantage to swf tho so could tell there team when they hear the TR but are certainly out of it. They can tell the guy in chase.

I don't like the idea though, and would prefer it left alone. Maybe slow her down a bit or shorten duration while in use. It's supposed to be powerful add-on and amazed people are complaining about it so much, but not the unlimited T3 Meyers one just as much.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

Would be similar to Freddy's class photo addon. Would spook everyone that hears it, but can no longer fake your power.

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

And that is exactly why I feel that add on is so damn bad. Cancelling his ability is a core part of him and it also makes those instances of starting a teleport on the wrong gen so sad. But honestly, I don't see any use in that add on and I main the guy

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Leave it alone and use spine chill

• LordGlint

The point of the addon is to make every survivor either hop off a gen anytime you teleport to ANY survivor, or to take their chances and maybe get hit if you show up at THEIR gen. Survivors would experience a similar feeling if prayer beads got a mapwide TR. Staying on the gen comes with a risk of being gen grabbed anytime the Spirit decides to phase.

• NoFace
    NoFace Member Posts: 151
    edited October 2019

I was thinking it should just moderately decrease the amount of time she can use her power.

It would be hard to get grabs if your phase is short. You would need to start your phase and use it in a more effective manner.

Post edited by NoFace on
  • yandere777

But when Freddy makes a dead gen teleport it really hinders him. 5 seconds of waiting, the couple seconds of being disorientated and if the gen you picked is not being worked on it just sucks. That wastes about 15 seconds at least

• yandere777

That would just bring up a one shot hatchet huntress situation. Use one add to negate the downsides of another add on. Also the devs basically said they don't wanna do add ons like this, Just look at nurses add ons

• LordGlint

That has nothing to do with the class photo addon and more to do with randomly deciding to teleport somewhere. Typically you want to teleport to a gen that has action going on. If you hook someone and 3 survivors are on 3 different gens...youll spook all 3.

• yandere777

issue here, is it is always a "random" teleport without any kind of aura reading perks. Sure, I'll spook 3 survivors on 3 different gens but at most it will save me 10 seconds on 2 gens. But since someone was hooked, one guy is most likely hopping off while am chasing a new guy, which means the add on saved me 10 seconds of one survivor. That gen will still pop and the other gen wouldn't pop either way.

Using this add on also makes teleporting mid chase much more risky. Without it, I can attempt it and if the survivor leaves that area or does not run there I can cancel it. Now, if I choose to teleport, I'll be punished severely if I was wrong. There is honestly no good uses to this add on. Heck, even his blindness add ons have more uses now that OoO hurts freddy

• LordGlint

Typically you should always have an idea of which gen to teleport to, weather it be aura reading perks, thrilling tremors, or basic game sense (you know a survivor was unhooked near a gen recently).

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

No longer phase passively.

When you would phase passively you leave behind a husk and become invisible as if you were phasing with your power.

This does not consume your power meter.

• FairP1ayer
    FairP1ayer Member Posts: 500

I had that same idea, make Prayer beads Iridescent, and shorten the duration of the Phase (especially since most combo it with Mother Daughter ring anyway). They could than lower Mother Daughter Ring to Very Rare (since that has a balanced negative effect, and isn’t all that useful on it’s own).