Stop having perks that reward bad gameplay

please remove ######### like ds and noed ######### perks that award bad players that cant play the game very well

Comments

• DraconDirnc
    DraconDirnc Member Posts: 121

Well No One Escapes Death is a Hex Totem you can cleanse in about 20 secs. Decisive Strike is getting reworked to make it only stun the killer in place. Yet with every game there is a learning curve and some that just do not understand how the game functions fully. Perhaps when the devs finally get a working matchmaking system not abused by rank 2's with 20's in SWF it will get better. I know from being in high ranks early in the games life cycle if you play bad on either side the outcome will not be fun.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Yes. Both need to go. I'm also not a fan of Insidious because all it makes people do is sit by a hook thinking survivors are blind that they can't be seen. It's not OP, but it promotes ######### gameplay. Maybe if standing still reduced your TR to 0 for X seconds, and you could move around in that time with a cooldown it would be better.

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673
    edited July 2018

@Spookyclinkz said:
    please remove ######### like ds and noed ######### perks that award bad players that cant play the game very well

G I T
    U
    D

(You are right about DS tho)

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@RemoveSWF said:
    All the perks are fine.

Killers have strong perks and survivors have strong perks.

Get over it.

Sadly there's always going to be the few the whiny the crybabies that will want perks removed. Better to just rework things when doing balance updates instead.

• SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209
    edited July 2018

@Spookyclinkz said:

NOED is here since almost the begining of the game, it's not gonna happened. Like DS.

• Sally55
    Sally55 Member Posts: 368
    edited July 2018

@powerbats said:

@RemoveSWF said:
    All the perks are fine.

Killers have strong perks and survivors have strong perks.

Get over it.

Sadly there's always going to be the few the whiny the crybabies that will want perks removed. Better to just rework things when doing balance updates instead.

Remove Survivors

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

NOED is useful for late-game builds, which the Nightmare's perks are all about.

• thesuicidefox

@Orion said:

I play Freddy and he is much more effective at gen lockdown. Use Ruin and Bitter Murmur then just make sure you sleep people often and you will make them scared to do gens. I literally did this for 10+ games last night. You do not need NOED on Freddy, in fact Remember Me has a lot more potential to help you it's just it takes some skill to use. NOED takes 0 skill.

• Sally55

@thesuicidefox said:

@Orion said:

I play Freddy and he is much more effective at gen lockdown. Use Ruin and Bitter Murmur then just make sure you sleep people often and you will make them scared to do gens. I literally did this for 10+ games last night. You do not need NOED on Freddy, in fact Remember Me has a lot more potential to help you it's just it takes some skill to use. NOED takes 0 skill.

Afraid of Freddy? LOL! Freddy as he is now is a joke to survivors. Get to rank 1 only using Freddy then try your argument again.

• powerbats

@thesuicidefox said:

@Orion said:

Yeah a lot of really skillful Freddy's at rank 1-2 lately and not a single one runs NOED, they do use BBQ, Bitter Murmur, and either Remember Me or Object of Obsession. IT's even worse when you get one on Thompson House or any other wide open map.

• Orion

@thesuicidefox said:

@Orion said:

Thank you for proving my point: to use that strategy, you have to rely on teachable perks, because his perks actually require the game to go on for a long time.

• thesuicidefox
    edited July 2018

@powerbats said:
    Yeah a lot of really skillful Freddy's at rank 1-2 lately and not a single one runs NOED, they do use BBQ, Bitter Murmur, and either Remember Me or Object of Obsession. IT's even worse when you get one on Thompson House or any other wide open map.

Yea I used stacked pictures for 30m range on my power on Coldwind. OMG there is no hiding in the corn against this. I just hit you from like a mile away, half the time I do it and still don't see the guy until he falls asleep. It's beautiful.

@Orion said:
    Thank you for proving my point: to use that strategy, you have to rely on teachable perks, because his perks actually require the game to go on for a long time.

Bitter Murmur is a free perk for all killers. Remember Me is Freddy's own perk, which is why I say it's more effective than NOED purely because it makes the game last longer at the end, and if people are asleep with full stacks that door will take a full 100 seconds to open (more than a full gen). You could in theory play gen lockdown with perkless Freddy and do better than playing for endgame tactics. Not sure how any of that proves your point. Not to mention a lot of meta play relies on teachables. BBQ and Ruin are teachables that every killer uses. Make Your Choice, Nurse's, Brutal Strength, Enduring. All teachables, and all used by every killer. Requiring teachables doesn't mean a strat is inferior.

• Sally55
    edited July 2018

Remember me can still be countered by leader and prove thyself. Plus using your logic since remember me requires you to keep your obsession alive long enough assuming they don't just suicide on the hook and you as a killer failing to stop gens from being completed. It basically rewards bad gameplay as well. Looks like for someone who hates perks like NOED you are nothing but a hypocrite.

• powerbats

@Orion said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@Orion said:

That's actually not true, I've run into Freddy's at rank 1-2 that use no perks and do just fine and how is using teachable perks any different than using BBQ etc on other killers? Does that mean that you're relying on crutches as well by using teachable perks on the killers you play? You want the game to go longer or shorter or however you want to play you've got to use those same teachable perks you just used to bash him.

Some Freddy's use the teachable perks for different styles of gameplay, some do gen pressure, some do the long game and some just do the I'm going to hunt you.

• Orion

So to reiterate: NOED is useful for late-game builds, and the Nightmare's perks are late-game. Thank you everyone who went off on a tangent and pretended I was saying something else.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@Orion said:
    So to reiterate: NOED is useful for late-game builds, and the Nightmare's perks are late-game. Thank you everyone who went off on a tangent and pretended I was saying something else.

no problem ^^
    i like to pretend like someone said something else :)
    DID YOU JUST CALL ME FAT?!? >:(

• powerbats

@Orion said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@Orion said:

@Orion said:

You did go off tangent though since he said he doesn't need NOED you however insist he does. You don't have to rely on teachable perks to make the game go longer. Again this is you projecting your game play onto someone else.

The people who know how to play Freddy don't need NOED to make the game go longer, you might but they don't.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@powerbats said:

Wait...
    Excuse me? Freddy with Object of Obsession?
    Did you take a timemachine to go back to the great bug fest of December 2016 where killer and survivor where able to use perk from the other side or what.

• thesuicidefox

@Sally55 said:
    Remember me can still be countered by leader and prove thyself. Plus using your logic since remember me requires you to keep your obsession alive long enough assuming they don't just suicide on the hook and you as a killer failing to stop gens from being completed. It basically rewards bad gameplay as well. Looks like for someone who hates perks like NOED you are nothing but a hypocrite.

LOL if they die on the hook that's good for you 1 less survivor, and it doesn't reward bad gameplay it rewards the killer for doing something skillful. Leader/PT only work if others are around you and even then you still have 40 seconds on the gate at least. Nothing hypocritical here. Just a lot of salty killers that can't rank up without a crutch.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Yup both have garbage design that rewards bad play.

• thesuicidefox

@Orion said:

Doesn't mean that's where he is best. He's actually way better if you slow down the early game, because once you start to snowball it becomes impossible to do gens. He also has free deerstalker meaning you should never get have a hatch game if you don't want it. Just slug the third guy and eventually you will find the last guy, unless he is that patient to let the guy bleed out but that's a long time to hide.

Case and point, Huntress has a basement perk doesn't mean her best builds are basement builds. She's strong in the basement, even stronger with TI, but that's not the best way to play her.

• Orion

@thesuicidefox said:

@Orion said:

Doesn't mean that's where he is best. He's actually way better if you slow down the early game, because once you start to snowball it becomes impossible to do gens. He also has free deerstalker meaning you should never get have a hatch game if you don't want it. Just slug the third guy and eventually you will find the last guy, unless he is that patient to let the guy bleed out but that's a long time to hide.

Case and point, Huntress has a basement perk doesn't mean her best builds are basement builds. She's strong in the basement, even stronger with TI, but that's not the best way to play her.

Again, I made no statement regarding the Nightmare. I said that his perks were intended for late-game builds, because they are. I said nothing about where he's "best" or anything else. Read what I wrote, and not what you believe I wrote.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited July 2018

@thesuicidefox said:
    He's actually way better if you slow down the early game, because once you start to snowball it becomes impossible to do gens.

100% agree. Freddy is best used to slow the game down. If you rely too much on a end game build with Freddy, you'll barely get any kills.

• powerbats

@Dragonredking said:

@powerbats said:

Wait...
    Excuse me? Freddy with Object of Obsession?
    Did you take a timemachine to go back to the great bug fest of December 2016 where killer and survivor where able to use perk from the other side or what.

Sorry meant Remember Me.

• powerbats

@Orion said:

Again, I made no statement regarding the Nightmare. I said that his perks were intended for late-game builds, because they are. I said nothing about where he's "best" or anything else. Read what I wrote, and not what you believe I wrote.

@Orion said:NOED is useful for late-game builds, which the Nightmare's perks are all about.

Hmmn then what's this right here where your statement specifically mentions the Nightmare and NOED? This isn't about what we believe you wrote, you were plain as day about your meaning. Now you're trying the semantics game when you got called out for doing what you're trying to deny.

In everyone of your responses it's always a thinly veiled insult or other Ad Hominem attack. You always try and insinuate something then when called out on it say you meant something different. Your issue is that people are now getting used to it and know what's going on now.

• Tiyr
    Tiyr Member Posts: 52

You can already remove NOED from the game yourself just dont be lazy and cleanse the totems , DS is already being worked on let's see if it turns out to be a stun that the Dev's have mentioned and go from there.

• Orion

@powerbats said:

@Orion said:

@Orion said:NOED is useful for late-game builds, which the Nightmare's perks are all about.

Hmmn then what's this right here where your statement specifically mentions the Nightmare and NOED? This isn't about what we believe you wrote, you were plain as day about your meaning. Now you're trying the semantics game when you got called out for doing what you're trying to deny.

In everyone of your responses it's always a thinly veiled insult or other Ad Hominem attack. You always try and insinuate something then when called out on it say you meant something different. Your issue is that people are now getting used to it and know what's going on now.

The Nightmare's perks. Read the entire comment before you reply.

• powerbats

@Orion said:

The Nightmare's perks. Read the entire comment before you reply.

Yet you said you weren't referring to the Nightmare when you were talking about NOED yet you specifically referred to the Nightmare. I did read the comment as did everyone else and we all saw the same thing which in turn made you change your arguments.