I feel like most games killers tunnel me, what do I do?

Options

I like to play both killer and survivor so I try my best to make it fun and fair, I try not to tunnel and/or face camp, admittedly sometimes as the killer I can lose track of who I've hooked and how many times if at all...

My question is why do I feel like most games the killer tunnels me even though I am not toxic?I don’t use the flashlight (I couldn’t even if I wanted to), I don’t teabag and that do I don’t know what I’m doing wrong but if I try to get better at mind gaming and palleting then I would feel as if doing so will only make them want to tunnel me more.

Best Answers

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry to say, odds are you're the one not staying out of the killers view. Get better at hiding.

When you get unhooked, run with your partner, or hide as they run away. Don't just run away in a different direction. The killer is likely just going for who ever he sees next, or follow the first scratch marks he sees. Most killers will chose to go for the unhooker rather than the recently hooked if they see both in the same proximity.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Answer ✓
    Options

If a killer sees you as easy prey (and therefore the weakest link in the team), they might be inclined to chase you instead of dealing with survivors who are better at looping. I'm pretty sure that's why Huntress tunnels me about 80% of the games I get with her.

Go ahead and try to get better at looping, most killers won't get mad as long as you're not teabagging/flashlighting/self-healing/etc. whenever you drop a pallet. The best way to avoid getting tunneled is to be good but respectful.

If it's still a problem for you, bring DS or stealth perks like Spine Chill/Iron Will.

Also, which survivor do you main? That might also increase the odds of getting tunneled.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Answer ✓
    Options

Mind gaming and looping is basically your only defense against tunneling. The perk DS to a certain extent - but the best defense is still making it so costly to chase you that they get punished for tunneling.

So that means either getting good at chases or ghosting yourself after you get off the hook - preferably both.

Assume the killer is always going to come back to the hook and do not heal under the hook. Get some nearby cover, or just leave the area entirely. If the killer is a tunneler get as much distance as you can - and make his life a living hell by getting good at looping.

If the survivor who saved you is a good survivor, they will run off in the opposite direction of you and distract the killer. If they are a bad survivor, they will run in the same direction as you, so the killer can chase both of you at the same time and probably pick you to down...or just hide soon after saving you leaving you on your own.

• tinytoxin
    tinytoxin Member Posts: 15
    Answer ✓
    Options

You have a point, thank you dude i’ll Try stay out of sight 😂

• tinytoxin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Okay well thank you for the advice I really appreciate it 😊.

also I try not to main one but my most levelled up is Meg.

• tinytoxin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you very much! I’ll just practice and do my best, try to help my team as much without putting them at risk.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Answer ✓
    Options

To be honest, most of the time killers don't actually tunnel per se.

They just go for what looks like the logical, easier option.

If you just got unhooked and the killer runs into you, he's going to go for you because it makes sense to. Normal killers will not let their prey go.

Usually it's just bad luck that the killer runs into you right after an unhook. There are some real hard tunnelers out there but it's pretty obvious when they do it. It's nothing like the "coincidental tunneling" that usually happens in the game.

To avoid this you just need to get better at the game. Figure out how to avoid killer movements. That's a big part of learning how to avoid getting tunneled.

Now, as to actual tunnelers. Many killer tunnelers on the other will actively tunnel a weak link because you're easy prey. In other words you need to learn to make it not worth their while to tunnel you. If a killer tries to tunnel you but you run them around for even just half a minute, many are going to lose interest because they will feel the pressure to get a down. They will instead look for easier prey.

So if you learn how to loop or run a kill around, it will automatically lower your chances of being tunneled.

So my advice:

1. Learn how to predict killer pathing.
    2. Learn how to loop.

I'm not a great looper by any means but I learned enough so I'm not utterly defenseless when I get found. Not everyone can be a good looper, but anyone can learn how to do the basics and run a similarly-skilled killer around for a bit.

Answers