Pretty good halloween event so far...

Oh gosh the best event I've ever played. I already collected 6 pieces of cosmetic within 4 days at the cost of only 2160 cells.

Has anyone finished grinding the event cosmetics yet? Cause I did and it was a lot of fun!

Comments

• I_Eat_Worms
    I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324

why do you care so much about the skins that make your killer fatter and glowing

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

duh

• Karltastisk
    Karltastisk Member Posts: 529

People complained that the set date was already to late and gives to little time compared to last year with the extension Almost 3 weeks of the event, But this year its not even two full weeks...

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

Surprised there is even a hint or thought of an event, with all the complaining some did last year, no wonder the devs aren't making it a top priority, seems we just can't have nice things.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I'm just upset that Legion didn't get a cosmetic for Halloween.

I also really want a Halloween Feng Min.

So nothing is really worth spending any money on.

Worst case scenario when we actually get the chance to grind I'll probably get random bits and pieces of each cosmetic that match with some of the cosmetics already have for somebody's characters.

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301

You're being greedy. Wait until the update is ready to go live. Be grateful the devs dont want to release a buggy mess.

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited October 2019

I think a lot of people are a bit angrier than they should be, but this isn't just a one time thing. The devs have messed up like this again and again and again over the years, never learning from their mistakes. If we sat around not saying anything then we'd just be like other companies whos players make excuses for the devs. Support isn't just a one way street for anybody. It's very...inconsistent of them.

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695

I don't care whether or not there will be an event, cause it's not the event that it used to be anyway. I don't have anything against the devs, it's just a sarcasm.

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757

And people wonder why this community has bad rep.It's people like this that make the game look bad.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

why do you care about an event that's literally just bootleg legacy cosmetics

• BasementBubba
    BasementBubba Member Posts: 49

The problem is that there's no competition for them to strive to be better. If there was a competing company in the same genre as them they'd probably get their ######### together, but this is the only game of its kind still kicking. So they can kick back and make as many mistakes as they'd like without worrying about other horror games sweeping them under their feet.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
  • Volfawott

Don't get me wrong I love the Day of the Dead skins that are coming out.

But no glowy bright

No mutation

You get the drift

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

Well, at least the wait for the halloween event, has been paired for an awesome summer event, .-.

(As somebody once said me, "everyone on the forums are smartasses and I like it")

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited October 2019

Well that statement says more about what the devs have been doing right than wrong.

Every game so far thats came out in the genre has been the one that will destroy DBD and not one has been able to actually compete with this game.

WOW is a classic example in the MMO genre as the same thing happens. People constantly complain about the devs are and how bad the patches are but it still wears the crown 15 years after release.

Post edited by twistedmonkey on
  • I_Eat_Worms
    I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324
  • TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,146

Eh, no reason to dwell on the delayed Withering Blight event. Plenty of other games are doing stuff for Halloween. This finally encouraged me to start playing Dying Light, since they're doing an event this weekend. Having a frying pan as a weapon takes me back to my days playing Phantasy Star Online... (I've never played Left 4 Dead.) Not sure I can get far enough in the game in time to get the final gold weapon, though. :(

But yeah, I mean, the Withering Blight thing isn't even gonna be much of an event, since you're not earning anything except BP through it. Some fancy gens and hooks, and actually what players need now is more XP, not BP, to help them earn the serum in the Rift for the Halloween cosmetics.

• borna_lk
    borna_lk Member Posts: 124

They dropped the ball hard on this one and unfortunately the defence that; “wOuLd YoU rAtHeR tHeY rEaLeAsE a BuGgY mEsS¿” isn’t applicable in this situation.

This is their first event in a long time, they had plenty of time to prepare for it and the trouble I’m having is they claim that a freak accident happened the day before the release date.

so your saying up until the release date there were major bugs in the system you hadn’t fixed?

like cmon. I would expect a component supervisor the product was all good several days before launch, not struggling to fix major bugs the day before launch. And the event is literally nothing more than a tracker of your progress and outfits made by a completely different department. It’s their own fault for linking the event with the rift.

anyway, it’s just a video game, my life will remain the same with or Without it. But I really have lost a lot of respect for the devs by the poor time management., and ever worse, the god awful communication with so many devoted fans who sit and wait only to hear nothing for days.

• Volfawott

I mean technically most of them shot themselves in the foot rather than having an inability to compete

Friday is probably the best example of a game that literally got shot in the foot because of greed which completely shut down any hope of it growing

• twistedmonkey

Shooting themselves in the foot means nothing if the game is good enough as people have shown time and time again they would play it regardless. According to most complaints they are on essense saying DBD does the dame with a buggy game and questionable changes.

Take Friday as that was made on a pretence that the lawsuit wouldn't affect the game but that was info from the owners of the rights at the time. That wasnt the issue the game had though and neither was the price. People will pay money for a good game. The game started well but lost most of its playerbase within 1-2 months. It's wasn't a case of shooting themselves in the foot but rather the game for what it was didn't hold many peoples attention.

• Volfawott

You got to realise during the lawsuit the last thing the playbase was left with was an update that made playing the game a lot more frustrating and buggy.

Hyped content that a lot of people were excited for basically cancelled with a lot of progression still in there.

Absolutely no future content to look forward to.

I'm not saying Friday was perfect granted there's a reason I jumped ship for dead by daylight.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

The Friday the 13th game developers used the ongoing litigation as cover to not address the overall health of the game (i.e. exploits and bug fixes), even though they later admitted that their hands were never tied in this regard. The only thing the lawsuit killed was their agency in creating and adding new content (characters, maps, etc.) to the game.

I believe they made their money, and then decided to bail when they saw that they had a convenient excuse to use as a scapegoat.

• twistedmonkey

But you have to look at how well the game was doing prior to all this happening. It had been on life support since not long after release. Let's be honest the lawsuit didn't change much apart from give them an excuse to not add content to a game that couldn't hold a player base. The game was buggy and plagued with hacker long before that patch.

Some may have been excited for the future content but that wouldn't have saved the game. Many may try it out but a new Jason or map doesn't hold people in a game long if the mechanics aren't something they enjoy.

Exactly it was a convienent time for it to happen as it gave them an excuse. They even said they wouldn't add content even if it the lawsuit was over quickly.

They stopped long before they had to as the suit wasn't affecting them when it was first brought about. The puzzle game put out that statement and that only became affected by the lawsuit some time after Gun stopped.

• Rydog

Your "life support" argument is part of how they bamboozled everyone. They continued to push the heck out of the physical disc versions that came out later, they secured PS Plus promotion, etc. The litigation didn't stop them.

They knew there was more money in that, and they plowed forward with it without properly tending to the health of the game. I don't begrudge them earning a living from their product, but they left their community holding onto a bunch of empty promises.

• Rydog

Also @twistedmonkey -- it was on life support BECAUSE they dropped the ball so hard, so early, and so often. F13 had a FANTASTIC launch and a huge surge of interest, but the developers didn't maintain the momentum at all.

Sorry I get testy about this game -- I spent a LOT of time with it (I'm the guy who reverse engineered basically every mechanic in the game, and largely defined "the meta" such as it was). I wish it wasn't such a disaster.

• twistedmonkey
    edited October 2019

I agree and that's where my statement stems from originally about these devs doing a lot more right than wrong as if they dropped the ball as much as some people always claim in theory it would have had the same fate 😉.