Transfer BBQ&C's extra bloodpoint gain effect over to Monstrous Shrine

Barbecue & Chili is already plenty powerful and worth running without the BP gain effect; it really doesn't need it. One perk that desperately needs a lift though is Monstrous Shrine, possibly the most useless in the game for killers right now, since Bitter Murmur was buffed. It makes sense that the Entity would give extra rewards for killers bringing survivors to its special underground worship shrine!

Maybe transferring the aura revealing effect over to MS instead could also work; in that case, the aura would have to be visible for much longer than usual, to compensate for the fact that basement hooking is rarer and that the killer takes time to climb the stairs back up.

Disclaimer: I'm a killer main who runs BBQ&C on almost all killers. So yes, I'm technically hurting myself with this suggestion, but it's for the good of balance.

Comments

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

Balance? How a bloodpoint bonus gives you a tactical advantage?
    BBQ has a bloodpoint bonus to reward people for not camping, not ultra-tunneling.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

even with the blood point gain Monstrous shrine would still almost never see play, it would be like those addons that nerf your powers for more blood points accept players get to decide if you get to use cause i dont know about you but when i chase a guy and he realizes he is running towards the basement they usually change directions

• Nantes
    Nantes Member Posts: 74
    edited July 2018

@Soren said:
    BBQ has a bloodpoint bonus to reward people for not camping, not ultra-tunneling.

How? The auras are only shown tens of meters away, and if your target is that far away, you're obviously not tunneling them in the first place (you just hooked someone else, after all!). The BP bonus doesn't influence this.

i dont know about you but when i chase a guy and he realizes he is running towards the basement they usually change directions

You'd be surprised. I manage to basement hook at least one person almost every game. Also, the BP gain per survivor could be buffed from 25% to 50% so that two different basement hooks in a game already guarantees the same effect as BBQ does right now.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited July 2018

I am in agreement. I think BBQ is powerful, but I run it myself for the BP bonus.

I would run Monstrous Shrine instead if I still got 25% bonus Bloodpoints for each hook regardless of hook location.

I wouldn't run it if I had to get basement hooks for the bonus because I would also have to equip Iron Grasp and Agitation.

That said, if I run We're Gonna Live Forever then I usually have to equip Borrowed Time and Self Care as well.

Edit: Maybe there's a balance, where you get 1 token of BP bonus for a standard hook and 2 tokens for a basment hook (cap remaining at 4). This way, if you hook two different survivors in the basement then you've gotten 4 stacks, or if you hook one survivor in the basement and two other survivors elsewhere then you still have 4 stacks.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Stop with the ideas of changing BBQ... ever since survivors been "nerfed" (not really) people have been trying to change BBQ for whatever reason.. the devs have stated bbq is designed to encourage killers not too camp!! So to change the design is to ruin the goal.. distressing has extra BP gain as well so why not just throw a certain %on too MS to encourage use rather then reducing the use on BBQ at the sametime? It makes no sense to ruin a great perk and then in addition make a horrible perk mediocre at best.. MS needs something a lot better then just BP gain 
  • Nos37
    edited July 2018

If I have BBQ equipped, I am not discouraged from camping because of the BP Bonus token (I already got the token before I could possibly camp); instead, I am encouraged not to camp because I see auras elsewhere so I can save time patrolling the wrong gens. BBQ would still have the aura reading and will still encourage not camping if the BP bonus is shifted to Monstrous Shrine.

Currently, if the killer wants to see my aura and have better map awareness, I'm vulnerable as a survivor if I don't hide behind a gen or get close to the hook beforehand because of BBQ; if the killer just wants bonus Bloodpoints, I'm vulnerable as a survivor if I don't hide behind a gen or get close to the hook beforehand because of BBQ. With the change, if the killer just wants bonus Bloodpoints then I'm not as vulnerable as a survivor, and their hunger is satiated faster if they can please the Entity by hooking in the basement.

• Bravo0413
    Nos37 said:

If I have BBQ equipped, I am not discouraged from camping because of the BP Bonus token (I already got the token before I could possibly camp); instead, I am encouraged not to camp because I see auras elsewhere so I can save time patrolling the wrong gens. BBQ would still have the aura reading and will still encourage not camping if the BP bonus is shifted to Monstrous Shrine.

Currently, if the killer wants to see my aura and have better map awareness, I'm vulnerable as a survivor if I don't hide behind a gen or get close to the hook beforehand because of BBQ; if the killer just wants bonus Bloodpoints, I'm vulnerable as a survivor if I don't hide behind a gen or get close to the hook beforehand because of BBQ. With the change, if the killer just wants bonus Bloodpoints then I'm not as vulnerable as a survivor, and their hunger is satiated faster if they can please the Entity by hooking in the basement.

Only trash killers use this perk and still camp... if the survivors hide their auras it may discourage the killer from leaving the hook because killers have brains too... but the blood is overall the reason to leave the hook... 4 hooks=double the bloodpoints, for a player who has everything it's not much but for a player who is grinding to get a killer or survivor to p3 50 its everything if it's only aura reading and theres a survivor cross map working on a gen and you're playing as trapper chances are by the time you get there that gen is going to be done and the person is going to be saved where is the reward asides for the fact that you have someone else to chase now? If the bp is removed itll be just another perk that would be really useful on Billy or nurse..
  • Nos37

So you're saying that while BBQ is useful at persuading killers not to camp, they won't bother even equipping it in the first place if it doesn't also have the bonus BP? I see.

• Bravo0413
    To an extent yes.. now theres bittermurmur that's very useful to find people all over the map and not further then 40 meters from you.. the BP is a reward for continuing to hook people not tunnel and not camp.. you remove the bp you're ruining what it is now.. I'd I hook my first survivor and i see someone cross map i see 50% more bp because I need bp... you remove the bp from the hook I see that same person I see a far walk from an already hooked person that i would like too see go into 2nd phase at least before i leave em.. MS needs something else not just bp the percentages on MS sucks.. if you're a good distance from the basement you may not even get to the basement even with IG and agitation not even mentioning the wasted time to take them there.. what BBQ is now is like an 90% chance that you will hook everyone at least 1 time so that's again double the bp you move it to MS you may only get 2 hooks in the basement all game if any at all.. again MS needs something more then just BP dont ruin a good perk to make something mediocre
  • Nos37

@Bravo0413 said:
    you may only get 2 hooks in the basement all game if any at all..

That's why I think that regular hooks should give 1 stack of 25% bonus BP and basement hooks give 2 stacks.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited July 2018

@Nantes said:
    Barbecue & Chili is already plenty powerful and worth running without the BP gain effect; it really doesn't need it. One perk that desperately needs a lift though is Monstrous Shrine, possibly the most useless in the game for killers right now, since Bitter Murmur was buffed. It makes sense that the Entity would give extra rewards for killers bringing survivors to its special underground worship shrine!

Maybe transferring the aura revealing effect over to MS instead could also work; in that case, the aura would have to be visible for much longer than usual, to compensate for the fact that basement hooking is rarer and that the killer takes time to climb the stairs back up.

Disclaimer: I'm a killer main who runs BBQ&C on almost all killers. So yes, I'm technically hurting myself with this suggestion, but it's for the good of balance.

I only use BBQ for the BP bonus and I guess most killers think like that.
    Your suggestion would mean that a lot of those killers use monstrous shrine now and thi swould lead to exactly the opposite of what the devs intended with BBQ, it would lead to more camping

What you dont understand is that without BBQ there is way less incentive to leave the hook. I realized when I prestiged some killers and didnt have BBQ. You cant simply leave a hook undefended if you dont have another target to chase at least

• Bravo0413
    Nos37 said:

@Bravo0413 said:
    you may only get 2 hooks in the basement all game if any at all..

That's why I think that regular hooks should give 1 stack of 25% bonus BP and basement hooks give 2 stacks.

It doesnt take away the fact that you may not get a hook in the basement all match.. bp is not the answer of fixing MS it needs something better to make it worth using.. MS is only good if you're doing a basement build... maybe give more aura reading ability reveal all auras of gens that have been worked on and reveal the auras of survivors that are within 32 meters of the basement and keep the percentages it has.. again I dont think this would still work because it requires a basement build
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

The best idea EVER, we totally want people to basement camp with LF anyway.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Just admit you hate killers and don't want them to have anything good.
  • Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    This is a great idea!  You should also add the bonus to Incidious and give 25% BP tokens for every surv you down in the basement.   Oh, and territorial imperative, same thing.  Then no one would EVER play anything except a LF basement camping build.  That was the point of this change, right?