Annoyed of 4 man DStrike?

Here i have some help:

Use a stopwatch/countdown.

That's it.. Not more.

I use it now for a few days and it makes life easier. Have to waste a bit of a seconds to press the button on my phone but it is worth it.

I actually don't care if survivors are going to rage against me cause of that. It's as far as i have seen not agaisnt the rules so..

Noone of these guys was able to use there DS and they played actually hard based on this perk (insta unhooks, jump in locker etc.)

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

*Me with a slug build

Chuckles Sometimes I would

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Thanks for giving advice, but I'm too lazy for that. Haha!

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Or, y'know, just eat the stun. Then down them 10 seconds later.

• djsponge10
    djsponge10 Member Posts: 349

Most people who get DS’d aren’t even tunneling. It’s against game design that if the killer goes to the unhook and can only find the one who was unhooked, what do they do? In this meta you need to be providing pressure 99.9% of the time or you’ll lose. Killers are forced to slug or take the DS or most of the time you’ll find someone like 40 seconds later and pick them up when there’s only less than 5 seconds left of the DS it’s dumb but fair in a way. But when EVERYONE uses DS it’s real bs if you ever played killer for longer than 10 seconds. Most people use the 4 perks of the metapocalypse and it’s just so terrible DS BT dead hard adrenaline. It’s so BS if you run one or two that’s fine. Running three is pushing it but whatever, but having ALL FOUR yeah okay. No. Survivors will say durrrrr RUIN BBQ SPIRIT FURY ENDURING. The only perk I ever use is BBQ just for the BP or if I’m running like trapper or hag or someone I’ll run ruin, corrupt is more reliable anyways. I and a lot of killers use synergy perks to create monsters like when people will play Freddy and run red paintbrush swing chains thana dying light sloppy and ruin for ultimate slowdown. Stuff like that. People who use the basic killer build aren’t good killers they just stink poo poo and survivors who use 3+ of the 4 perks of the metapocalypse are just as bad well actually worse since a 4 man swf is the power role. Just use more unique builds for both killer and survivor instead of being boring and bad killers.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,358

Had a game recently where a Bill tried to get an unhook litterally as soon as the hooking animation was finished. He still had an active DS timer and he knew the guy he was unhooking would have one too. Sometimes...theres really no getting away from "tunneling" when the survivors wont go away.

• VolareVia
    VolareVia Member Posts: 6

Yeah, because he got all his kills with NOED. You can tell by the BP there's no way they got all the gens done and what do you expect the killer to do after instant unhooks, not smack the injured person? That's just incredibly inefficient

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

I've actually never played in a 4-man DStrike game.

Of course I'm being disingenuous, because I almost never run Dstrike so it's nigh impossible for me to get a game like that as Survivor.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

DS really isn't an issue on Nurse. If you really want to spite locker ds users, play trapper and trap the locker once they're inside. For an added bonus you can use Bloody Coil which will mean if someone goes to help them, they will get damaged.

• Forceful_Spork
    Forceful_Spork Member Posts: 87

Or you can just use Make Your Choice. It's a built in Decisive Strike timer, and rewards you for chasing the unhooker.

• Satsui
    Satsui Member Posts: 142

Actually, yesterday I had a game against 4-man Dstrike team.

Guess what, I only found out about it at the end of the match, since I didn't tunnel nor camp anyone with a noed nurse, so I didn't have to use a "stopwatch" or whatever to avoid a potential Dstrike. And I killed all 4, btw. Food for thought.

• Satsui
    Satsui Member Posts: 142

In fact, if it was up to me, I'd shorten Dstrike to 30 seconds, but made it so the timer stops while you're on the ground.

Dstrike is a very important tool against cheap campers and tunnelers.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

You don't even need to wait for D'S when running that. No wonder why you didn't bother to show your name.

• LOA
    LOA Member Posts: 235

People just need to quit telling other people how to play. Just play for Pete's sake! So many cry babies on both sides in this broken damn game. Guess what you do after the match? Go find another match! I just had 3 in a row against strong SWF groups and barely hooked anyone in two of those games. Guess what I did? I played again and got a 4k. Never cried once.

• newavitar
    newavitar Member Posts: 395

2 of his perks don't activate until endgame. They spawned on ruin. Basically, he played with one perk against a full DS squad.

But yeah, sure. He definitely has no skill. Definitely.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

As Survivor, always assume Chilli.

As Killer, always assume DS.

If I know a survivor was unhooked recently I leave them there, no DS for them. I run nurse's calling so that also makes the slugged player bait. Win win.

Nice job on the match btw!

I wish jumping in a locker nulled DS :<

• newavitar
    newavitar Member Posts: 395

Someone else getting hooked should also nullify it. They're not tunneling at that point. They literally already went after someone else.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

"Hey Google, set timer for 60 seconds."

BEEP

"Stop"

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268

That's a good survivor scor- oh, wait, you were the killer and got 4k. Oh well.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019

Yeah, DS is really not as powerful as it should be. It's sort of like Thanatophobia. On paper Thanatophobia is a weak perk, it's only strong because there's a genrush epidemic.

The main reason it's perceived as so powerful, is because so many killers just keep tunneling. Well of course you're going to eat DStrikes if that's the case.

If you don't tunnel, you won't even know there a Dstrike. And the main reason DStrike is so common and meta, is because so many killers are just tunneling away (whether on purpose hard tunneling or soft tunneling).

Good killers play "normally" as intended -- they hook and kill survivors as they go arund the map. They don't camp, they don't tunnel. And as they do that they learn optimal techniques to find and chase survivors. So they get good at the game and can 4K without resorting to cheap tricks.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I just take the DS. If they are cocky running around me and wanting the DS badly of course.

• witelighting
    witelighting Member Posts: 20

I dont tunnel hook and dont camp and most the time no one complains.if i am going for the person just off hook wether on purpose or not i will down but not hook to make it more fair.the idea that nothing will stop them from complaining is rather absurd.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Jesus is sometimes I forget how up their own ass members of this community can be.

While I don't have a massive issue with defensive strike even though I do agree it could be a pain in the ass even when you're not tunneling.

It should not matter whatever perks they're running or what killer they play.

This goes for both killers and survivors you guys really need to get this sense of I'm on my high horse out of here.

Let people use whatever perks they want on whatever killer they want.

Survivors used whatever perk they want.

If you like it or not somebody using a specific perk doesn't make them a worse or better player.

People wonder why the Dead by daylight community is so toxic

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Hard tunnelling and soft tunneling did we really have to make two separate definitions of it so people could still consider what's happening to them as tunneling

• Mikie532
    Mikie532 Member Posts: 3

Due to your lack of points and description. It looked like you was camping and tunneling, you just was trying to show off. But honestly you mad a fool of yourself.

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 390

I have Alexa, when i down a survivor i say "Alexa 60s timer" if i rank up as a killer i have to thanks Alexa

• Thanatos_x
    Thanatos_x Member Posts: 201

Imagine using noed as a nurse in this day and age. I don't even noed as a doctor main

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,358

Wouldnt you have to do that when they get UNHOOKED, and not when they get downed?

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Pro tip for those who play windowed mode: activate to show the seconds in the right taskbar corner via editing in the registry. Very useful

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited October 2019

If a survivor is throwing themselves at the killer, begging to be hit, how is the killer even out anything by simply slugging them and not picking up? You spent no chase time whatsoever and gained pressure. Simple concept that many can’t grasp...instead it’s just crying that that person stunned them cause they didn’t use their brain and picked up. Hell even if you do just pick them up and eat the DS, it’s still minimal time invested to remove the perk. The idea that killers complain a survivor runs in their face because they have DS is laughable honestly. It makes no sense. They are more concerned with the stun than the fact they gained pressure with a downed survivor.

• fangbriar
    fangbriar Member Posts: 12

The killer literally said they tried to bait them with unsafe saves and rushed lockers? So they're just supposed to ignore survivors when they know where they are and what they're running? Decisive is easy to beat as a strategy, just like op said, learn to be a better player

• GΣVΛЦDΛП
    GΣVΛЦDΛП Member Posts: 19

Take it from the NOED 3 blink nurse saying DS is a "problem" when all you need to do is slug them or go for the unhooker. Lmao

• I'm more annoyed by the amount of ######### killers that insist on running NOED. I always just assume they have the perk if it's a Pig or Nurse now. I get even more annoyed if they run it with an insta-down killer like Leatherface/Hillbilly. No need for NOED if you're good at the game.

• KingMyers
    KingMyers Member Posts: 57

Bruh he's nurse calm down lol you act like you need perks to smash with nurse

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Its pretty common now. Before the DS rework, I usually saw like 1 or maybe 2 Decisive Strikes in my game. 90% of the times non-obsession DS never activated, due to hook spawns being so close. Often even not a single DS. After its rework, I get 4 Decisives like every second game now.

People don't seem to realise that DS indirectly got actually buffed, because its usage skyrocketed now that its advertised as "Anti-Tunnel-Perk".

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Thanks for the advice, but DS doesn't affect me. I've been hit with it maybe 3 times since the rework. I dont camp, tunnel, or switch back to the recently unhooked person. I'll just slug them and go find another person.

On a side note I highly doubt those survivors were not camped or tunneled based on the score of the 3rd and 4th place survivors. I can see why you would need to set a timer.

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited October 2019

Imagine telling someone the counter to something is to "use a stopwatch" or to "count in your head, while you enter into a totally different chase, down them and still have time to chase, down, and get DS'd by someone else"

Dude. Your argument for how to deal with 4 DS is the equivalent of someone saying DS is balanced because "The skillcheck is still kinda hard and can be missed tbh" or "Most survivors who use it suck and you can still catch them"

My god. People use DS as a "Run at the killer" perk instead of an anti-tunneling perk. That's a design and balance flaw, not a "lol git gud just watch your 2 stop watches and slug appropriately"

Not to mention you can't even know for 100% certain if someone even has DS, so you as a killer are being forced into a situation where you have to put in extra effort for something someone may not even have!

• BalmungUchiha
    BalmungUchiha Member Posts: 7

I honestly view DS the same way I view Insta-heals. If the survivor HAS to use it in the first place, they're likely not gonna get far. DS is understandable in low-ranks or when you're playing solo and got those killers who are just REALLY bad at finding the other survivors (or you're running distraction), but it's actually a wasted perk slot when you get into Purple and Red ranks I find. Not to mention, Insta-heals are just a free one health state of you use it on yourself, and an insta-pickup to avoid getting grabbed if you use it on someone else. They're stuff that has a bad stigma because of how they USED to be or how they used to be used. DS used to be literally ANYTIME you got picked up which was disgusting. Insta-heals used to be used in "hook-me-if-you-can" builds (which used to be WAY worse than they are now). I actually (as a killer main) sorta sympathize with Survivors on the rework of Insta-heals since they weren't even that good to begin with...

• Blackowt_9120
    Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 300
    edited October 2019

I naturally just assume that everyone has DS and rarely have problems with it. I run into DS4 all the time. Sometimes the play is to eat it but you can always just slug which usually wastes more time than a hook anyway. That being said trapper, spirit, and nurse laugh at DS while Freddy, GF, and pig laugh at borrowed time; know your strengths. In my opinion the OP was just wasting time since he could’ve burned all the DSs and immediately downed them again and then he wouldn’t have to worry about it for the rest of the game. By waiting a full minute you were actually just helping them.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

DS is strongest when the gates are powered. It makes sense to eat the stun early regardless of how annoying it is.

• Not_MintTea
    Not_MintTea Member Posts: 3

Just run make your choice. If you have MYC maxed out then the timer will run for 60 seconds the same as the Decisive Strike timer. Also make your choice is a good perk as well so win/win.