Why Jason Voohees won't be coming to DBD.

Plenty of us want him, but Jason will be very hard to find a place in DBD. Here are my THEORIES why. Note that I will be using lots of references to the game, not the movies.

1. Trapper's Existence.
Trapper is based off Jason, like Billy is based off Leatherface. BHVR didn't have the resources to get the license to use so they made up trapper. But Leatherface is here so why not Jason? That leads me to my next theory.

2. What would be his power?
Leatherface and Hillbilly share the same device but they use is in almost the exact opposite way. Hillbilly's use is long and narrow, having the infinite sprint and limited mobility. Leatherface is the opposite. He has a short and wide path which is much easier to hit and to use in the chase as he can still turn normally. The problem here is that any possible powers for Jason have been taken. Want to dash? Use The Pig. Want to teleport? Use nurse. Want traps? Use trapper. Slight movie reference as Jason used a bow and arrow ONCE in the remake. Oh, play huntress she has ranged attacks. See? Possible powers for him are already used.

3. He has his own dedicated game.
I hope we all know about FT13 the game. He LITERALLY has an entire game dedicated to just the Jason Voohees franchise. While I know the game has lost lots of popularity it's still exists and you can't deny it.

I know we all want him but feel free to come up with a way he could get in the game.  I personally would like to see Camp Crystal lake realms more than just Jason alone.

Comments

• 245_Trioxin
    245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171

It's absolutely not going to happen any time soon. With the court case still active, nothing can be created with the license. The F13 game can't even have new content added.

That said, I agree completely with Shadoureon. Licensed killers are a waste of time and money. I'd much rather see more original content.

• monkdee702
    monkdee702 Member Posts: 8

I absolutely loved f13 when it came out, but they just ######### that game up, 1 it got way too easy, it was my fav game and then they just ruined it, so I really hope they can find a way to bring him to this game that would be fantastic

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    1. Trappers existence doesn't mean one cannot have a big body mask boy. They didn't really think about licensed killers til later down the road.
    2. Mimics of similiar powers will always exsist but it depends on how team uses creativity. If they get ghostface later he will be alot like myers with knife. I could see them doing jason powers with there unused killer idea. They could have jason smash alot of the enviroment as his power. They just have to rework the smasher concept for him.
    3. Jason has his own game but he has crossed over into indies and other triple A games. Plus depending on lawsuit feels gun media is gonna ditch the game no matter what. So we might have two f13 killers up for grabs. We could have jason vorhees or the original killer pamela vorhees. The licensers are also most open with collabs. So if dbd is willing to pick up the leftovers then i see it happening.

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965

@FayeZahara said:

1. Jason has his own game but he has crossed over into indies and other triple A games. Plus depending on lawsuit feels gun media is gonna ditch the game no matter what. So we might have two f13 killers up for grabs. We could have jason vorhees or the original killer pamela vorhees. The licensers are also most open with collabs. So if dbd is willing to pick up the leftovers then i see it happening.

They've already ditched it. The head guy at Gun announced that even when the lawsuit is settled that they're not adding new content.

Then there gonna probally work on next project even though they have content locked basically finished and locked away. F13 i loved its game but then you played all the dirty moves. I still have to wonder how can someone from associated company steal over 500 tom savinni jason code that gun themselves said impossible to create any more keys of 6 months before stolen. I have 95% love for f13 and if the suit does reach something in august and they do give up. There next project i will probally stay clear of unless they go back to indie realm.
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    edited August 2018

@thekiller490490 said:
    Plenty of us want him, but Jason will be very hard to find a place in DBD. Here are my THEORIES why. Note that I will be using lots of references to the game, not the movies.

1. Trapper's Existence.
      Trapper is based off Jason, like Billy is based off Leatherface. BHVR didn't have the resources to get the license to use so they made up trapper. But Leatherface is here so why not Jason? That leads me to my next theory.

2. What would be his power?
      Leatherface and Hillbilly share the same device but they use is in almost the exact opposite way. Hillbilly's use is long and narrow, having the infinite sprint and limited mobility. Leatherface is the opposite. He has a short and wide path which is much easier to hit and to use in the chase as he can still turn normally. The problem here is that any possible powers for Jason have been taken. Want to dash? Use The Pig. Want to teleport? Use nurse. Want traps? Use trapper. Slight movie reference as Jason used a bow and arrow ONCE in the remake. Oh, play huntress she has ranged attacks. See? Possible powers for him are already used.

3. He has his own dedicated game.
      I hope we all know about FT13 the game. He LITERALLY has an entire game dedicated to just the Jason Voohees franchise. While I know the game has lost lots of popularity it's still exists and you can't deny it.

I know we all want him but feel free to come up with a way he could get in the game.  I personally would like to see Camp Crystal lake realms more than just Jason alone.

I mean, you really are an idiot, breh. People said the same exact ######### before Leatherface came out. They were so sure of themselves, making pompous posts just like yourself, insisting with absolute certainty that Leatherface would not come to the game.

Anyway, he is coming to the game. It's going to happen. We just have to wait for the court case to get settled first which might take a year or two.

OP's point about the powers made me laugh because it's clear that he didn't watch any of the movies. He probably saw some clips on Youtube and thought he knew everything. Jason used a wide variety of weapons including his bare fists. He didn't actually use a bear trap in any of the movies up until the remake. Not to mention that in part 8 he could teleport around. I just find the comments insisting that he'd use bear traps to be funny because they're from clueless people. That would be like insisting Freddy could transform into Super Freddy because of that one scene in Nightmare in Elm Street part 5 and that would be his main power.

The point about Jason having his own dedicated game is null because Friday the 13th The Game is rapidly dying. Player count is at the lowest it's ever been on Steam and the developers certainly helped to kill it with their terrible updates that just kept breaking the game.

Also what would be the power then @Hillbilly420? I like the idea of smashing the environment to end loops@FayeZaraha