For everyone who wants something specific changed in this game, how would you do it?

GrootDude
GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’ll start, I’d make wglf give a stack for healing.

Comments

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

I would fix the maps.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

I like that wglf change. It's already hard enough trying to get 4 saves/tank 4 hits without throwing the game. Tying it to heals as well would promote cooperation and make it more on par with bbq.

Personally, I'd overhaul maps like Corn City and Haddonfield. Both of which are so survivor sided that the matches become downright boring. Corn should reworked into corn maze tiles, and Haddonfield needs shorter fences and no ridiculously safe balconies.

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252

I would make "Play with your food" better. It would be useful for all killers who can get looped. Right now it's extremely weak and doesn't work with the emblem system because you have to lose a chase on purpose.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Make the purple bag for trapper basekit.

Change the escape from traps to time based instead of rng based. For consistency

Change the bags to 1/2/3 extra traps on map

Change the "reduce escape chance" addons to "increase escape time"

Also make the yellow thing that darkens the traps, make them more dark. It's laughable how little it changes

• Athaeme
    Athaeme Member Posts: 19

Going on with the wglf change, I make it so you (and the unhooked person?) be able to see the aura of the killer for 4 seconds, to make it the reverse effect of BBQ, also making it an actual perk instead of just a bp thing, again like BBQ

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 617
    edited October 2019

@GrootDude WGLF does need something added to it, because it isn't balanced when compared to the killer's xp perk, but I'm not sure what you mean. I'd like to have an aura reading effect added to it like BBQ&C, but most things that would be useful would probably also be too powerful.

As for my change, I'd make everything you bring to a match have a weight (perk tiers, items, add-ons, 20-rank), and that weight would be used to match killers with survivors that are using a similar weight. Also get rid of the second lobby so there would be no chance to switch things around.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

Yeah I would like all of the obsession perks to not reward playing the game wrong and actively going against the system the implemented to guide what you should be doing.

If you're the obsession from your perks or the killers you should have a negative applied to only you. I don't know what, but it's annoying seeing an obsession when I don't run them and they have literally no downside.

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Buff Trapper.

Buff Wraith.

Rework Legion entirely.

Buff Clown.

Buff Pig.

Buff Doc.

Probably nerf Freddy (personal bias)

Buff stealth perks and add stealth points for stealth gameplay.

Im sure there’s more

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

You know how you get a token to wglf when you get a safe unhook or take a protection hit? You’d also get one for healing another survivor with this change.

• Adriang14
    Adriang14 Member Posts: 257

More cosmetics for Jane :^>

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

Give Legion a full rework/buff

#LegionMain

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317

Make the game last longer. Some matches go less than 5 minutes. Which is only against SWF.

Just need a way to make the game take actual time, instead of holding one button.

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227

Make safer pallets.

Less boarded up, fake windows.

Not so many killers that can down you with one hit.

These would be my wishes. :)

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Keys,

green key fine. Purple key should only open hatch for survivor that uses it. Pink stays the same.

Remove green and pink keys from chests.

• Zender
    Zender Member Posts: 178

Make totems color coded; ie hex ruin is a red color but hex haunted ground is gold, devour hope is blue, etc. this is from the killer’s view point mind you.

oh and make huntress lullaby not activate until the first hook.

• YamiTheFurry
    YamiTheFurry Member Posts: 229

Give surviors another objective that is fun and isn't a hassle. So its more fun for surviors and less stressful for killers on time managment.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

I was ways disappointed it pushes you out of the locker or drops you from the killers grasp. They had a real chance to be creative with this.

My change would be reintroduce Moon Offerings to change the moon and the games for cinematic theme. Blood Red Moons, Orange Harvest, Deep Blue, Etc.

• Tangero
    Tangero Member Posts: 119

New devs

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Add a special leap attack to Legion that lets them remove a health state. This would take ~2 seconds to charge and would reduce Legion's movement speed during the charge. The charge could be started by holding down the attack button and cancelled by releasing the button.

Just something to make their power more useful in a way I think would be fun

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Jason Vorhees

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,248

A pallet should never be safe and also have low enough walls to see over. One or the other. There should also never be 3-4 consecutive safe tiles adjacent to each other. There should never be an Ironworks window or Grim Pantry window. Basically, balance the maps around more skilled play.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Everyone gets Shirtless cosmetics!

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

I'd nuke the bloodweb system. No more addon rarity / limited numbers, no more perk rarity / ranks, no more grind. You get to use whatever you want to run, and the devs finally have to balance the system from there.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

make saboteur 60 seconds and remove the speed debuff

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I would make pig boxes unable to be interacted with by a survivor with an inactive trap. That way it's more stressful and the RBTs are actually threatening. It'd balance out them nuking endgame piggy.

Oh, and make Rule Set No. 2 basekit of course.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I know. I would've wanted them to have a different animation for lockers... but we can only dream.

That bit about the killer's shoulder though is BS. If they have the survivor in their grasp, then let them get the hook.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Aside from a full rework of the killers who need it? (like Trapper and Legion especially.)

Delete Saboutage. Remove it from toolboxes, remove the add ons, give Jake a new perk.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

Please make matchmaking faster on PS4...

• miku1
    miku1 Member Posts: 12

New tool boxes is what we need

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I would give keys a timer for the hatch opening. And i would let moris only work after two hooks.

• Pandamonium
    Pandamonium Member Posts: 77

Everyone basically said what I wanted to have changed (Maps, some killers, some pallets, safe tiles). I want a buff to 'hope'. It is only useful when all generators have been completed and is majorly overshadowed by adrenaline. Currently, it increases movement speed by 5/6/7% after the gens have been completed. I want to change it to 1/1,2/1,4% movement speed increase per generator. This way, you benefit from the perk throughout the game and you still get that 5/6/7% bonus after all generators are completed. Also, remove its timer and also no timer after each of those generators. That buff should be permanent.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Give Killers a add-on and baseline power pass.

Some parts of there baseline kit for Killers definitely need some work.

Rule set no 2 baseline for Amanda

Legion in general

The ability to hold multiple traps baseline for trapper

Bubba in general

Definitely some add-ons that need to be changed.

Legion honestly with the exception of iridescent button, the duration add-ons and the power recovery add-ons all Legion's are on so bad need a good look over because apparently it wasn't probably done during their rework.

Amanda in a very similar position to Legion besides video tape, combat straps, medical file and last will all of Amanda's other add-ons are either unreliable completely terrible or just plain weak.

Demi Logorgon should have some more add-on focused around shred while the portals are a good ability the lack of control you have over them definitely doesn't work with such a large add-on focus.

Bubba's add-ons definitely need some flavour of their own right now it's too much of a clone of Billy add-ons that focus on different play style that you have compared to Billy would be better.

Still a lot more but that's just off the top of my head

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Give surprise element to some Killer like Plag, Pig, Freddy, Trapper. I dont like how Survivors know the Killer at the start because of fountain, handcuff box, sleeping effect, unsetting traps lay on the ground.

I would love to have Fountain, handcuff box only spawn after a Survivor get infected, reserved trap. Sleeping effect only start after they hear the humming song (and the Sleeping effect going for the rest of the match after that like the current game). Trapper's not setup trap is invisible to Survivor until the Trapper setup the trap for the 1st time.

(this is madness idea though: I also love to have Killers have 12m terror radius until they get into the 1st chase, which is the radius will increased to their own radius since then)

• hinoutoumei
    hinoutoumei Member Posts: 294
    edited October 2019

I would start by resolving the main problem. Anyone who dcs during a match (1 minute after the match starts) purposefully would be instabanned. No warnings. No tolerance. No exceptions. They would be permanently instabanned. This would be an ip ban/mac address ban. If it's on console it is a psn /mac adress ban. 0 tolerance. It's inexcusable that this crap is going on basically 3/4 matches.

Onto the second issue, anyone caught swearing, using racist language and otherwise being verbally abusive - insta ban. Same as above.

I know this is probably not a highly popular view to hold, but it needs to end, for this game and all games. Snoop dogg and ice t getting on twitter/youtube and telling people not to be toxic is just not working.

As far as in game issues go , there are certain killers who just have useless perks. There are also certain achievements that are next to impossible to get.

Step 1 - get rid of all ranked achievements. if you are rank 1, you don't need an achievement for this.

Step 2 - move most all non adept killer/survivor achievements to be completable in casual mode.

Step 3 - change basic killer perks so that they are actually useful.

Final Change - there needs to be a casual mode for casual play/doing quests.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Remove the 8k bloodpoints cap per category. (Keep the overall cap of 32k so we don't get never ending farming games.)

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    edited October 2019

A new survivor item would be cool. Maybe like a book that has cool add-ons , like seeing bloodstains better for survivors n stuff.

• Rinthespooki
    Rinthespooki Member Posts: 255

Make ALL maps not favor either side.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Add a cap to how much a generator can be slowed down to and how much it can be sped up to.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

Have Borrowed Time give some sort of BP bonus, like double Altruism or double Healing or something, to encourage solo survivors to run it. (Combining it with WGLF would lead to more hook farming, so it needs to be different.)

WGLF needs a secondary effect, like showing the killer's aura for three seconds after healing a teammate or something.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Rather generic than specific for me.

Removal of addons and offerings that feels un fun to opposite side when met.

Ebony, keys, prayer beads, iri heads, full blown genrush toolbox. Just a name a few that we always get frustrated to play against.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

I'd make two changes to the game to balance solo queue and swf survivors, even though technically they'd be new features.

First off, new HUD effect for survivor and killer: Red Stain

- Whenever the killer gets the score event "Survivor Found" (and a chase starts) the Red Stain effect will appear over the survivor icon in the bottom left corner of the screen. Once the survivor gets the score event "Escaped" (Boldness category one) the effect ends.

Second, new survivor base ability: Pulse

- Whenever a survivor presses Q or something they create a bubble notification for the team that lasts for 3 seconds and has a 10 second cool down.

- The bubble notification highlights an object within an 8 metre radius of the survivor that they can see with the following priority.

- Killer

- Hatch

- Generator

- Exit Gate

- Totem

- The survivor that used the ability

The idea between these two changes is to balance survivors. Now everyone can communicate efficiently and the killers can be balanced around this change.

Also if you're a Dev reading this, please for the love of all that is good and holy don't make pulse a perk. If you make pulse a perk that defeats the purpose of having it included in the game at all.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

I would change all Survivor interactions.

Instead of holding a button, they’ll play a mini-game that is unique to the action. So the game will be different if you’re fixing a gen, or cleansing a totem. I made a post about it a while back, and I think it’ll make the Survivor’s side more interactive.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I would run for mayor of Montreal and work towards changing my legal power allowing me to directly get involved into the affairs of corporations that I can then alter to my liking. From there it would be a slow and methodical approach to gain the peoples support starting with changes the people want to studios like BHVR, creeping ever closer to an inevitable takeover of Canada as a whole. Once I take Canada I shall use my new-found powers to train and raise an army of highly specialized "stealth" moose to infiltrate governments around the world, until one day total global domination is mine!