Killers should get rewarded for NOT camping

it's just not fun for the person getting hooked? It's too easy for the killer to just sit in a corner and wait for another survivor to come and rescue the hooked person. The worst part is that it always works for the killer, and they get heavily rewarded for camping, free hits, free kill, free chase, free hooks, free sacrifices.

I'd say punishment for camping should be harsher, or reward killer for actually walking somewhere else

Comments

• Were you hit with insidious?

• edogast
    edogast Member Posts: 148

no, just 3 games with killers camping hard and I mean REAL hard

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Let me break this down carefully for you camping is only rewarded if the survivors reward it.

If you don't throw yourself add a camping killer like suicidal lemmings they don't get rewarded they get gen rushed and most likely only get one kill.

The only time I would ever said yes to going for somebody who is being camped hardcore unless you feel like playing the musical hooks is when the exit gates are powered and most likely 99%.

However even with the situation I described above if you feel like the situation isn't worth it leave don't give the killer more kills than they deserve.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Camping is punshed (sort of). You lose emblem points for staying close to the hooked survivor and because you tend to one hook those that you kill, you don't get many bloodpoints either.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

but you are rewarded, simply doing anything will give you more bp than watching someone die on a hook. i did a test on this in red ranks were i just camped as the wraith, hag, and leatherface for 3 games each and the most bp i ever got was 28k because they just kept running in for the save and getting hit/downed. worth noting that i also never double pipped i mostly either got a black pip or just barely pipped if the survivors were greedy enough.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

You got 28k for camping? I need to take back my previous comment. And maybe start camping!

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

They do say rewards incentivize more than punishments de-incentivize.

Question is, what would that be?

• sensualsatan
    sensualsatan Member Posts: 92

The killer does get punished for camping. They lose points in the Devout emblem if they're within a 16 meter range of the hooked survivor. The system doesn't take away points if the other survivors are bum-rushing for the save. If the killer is within that 16 meter range without other survivors being there as well, the killer loses points. If someone is being camped really hard, I just usually try to kite the killer away so someone else can save the survivor on the hook. You can also use Borrowed Time if you wanna risk it.

On the other hand, if it's an Insidious Leatherbuns, I just leave the person on the hook and let the killer get severely punished point-wise. It's better than going for the save and giving the killer more than one sacrifice.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

It was the only game i got over 20k and it was because they kept triggering my traps at the hook i camped so i got hits and downs. if i remember correctly i did get 3 kills but only because they just kept running into my traps trying to save whoever was on the hook even when injured.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I still like the idea of giving the killer a bp modifier for any action they do while someone's on the hook and for a little while after they get unhooked though. It makes sense, not just because "camping bad" but it explicitly rewards and encourages keeping more survivors occupied at the same time which is usually something a killer should want to do in the first place.

This is probably one of the few things that might make some of the people that do it exclusively to "play for salt" find something else to do. At least even hardcore tunneling is more interactive than 5-gens-up hard camping with no tactical reasoning behind it.

• AGuyNamedKane
    AGuyNamedKane Member Posts: 71

I've played a buttload of Bubba, never camp with him and have had a lot of luck playing that way. Maybe it's because the survivors are actually expecting me to camp? Haha!

• satanwuvsyou
    satanwuvsyou Member Posts: 32

The only way to get around a camper is for your team to ignore it. I had a game earlier where Insidious bubba camped a basement hook, got a second person down there. Other teammate went in for some reason. I got three gens done while that was happening. If they would have realized what was happening we could have had three survivors instead of just one. End game lobby he was trying to troll, so it was obviously purposeful. Only way to punish is to not fall for it.

• Nomadd
    Nomadd Member Posts: 167

Survivor who's not doing anything gets 'attacked' by crows, so killer should get some penalty for not doing anything as well.

Or hooked survivor should get some bonus points for not being able to do anything, I mean if killer is camping.