Why? (To the devs)

ChraizE
ChraizE Member Posts: 232

Why is there even a report system? Why can people cheat and practically the shove the evidence down your throats yet you do nothing about it? Why can people say the most disgusting and horrible things you could possibly say to another human being and nothing gets about it? Why is it okay to tell somebody to find a hole to crawl into and off themselves? Just look at the reviews it's not a secret this community has a reputation for being one of the most toxic of all time. YT even has channels dedicated to hacking in DBD some even taunting/daring the devs to do something about it for about a year now in some cases yet...nothing. Why do you guys pretend these problems don't exist? Why do you never discuss them in streams? I am just curious to see if there are any devs out there willing to provide some kind of explanation as to why?

Comments

• KillingInstinct
    KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272

@ChraizE said:
    Why is there even a report system? Why can people cheat and practically the shove the evidence down your throats yet you do nothing about it? Why can people say the most disgusting and horrible things you could possibly say to another human being and nothing gets about it? Why is it okay to tell somebody to find a hole to crawl into and off themselves? Just look at the reviews it's not a secret this community has a reputation for being one of the most toxic of all time. YT even has channels dedicated to hacking in DBD some even taunting/daring the devs to do something about it for about a year now in some cases yet...nothing. Why do you guys pretend these problems don't exist? Why do you never discuss them in streams? I am just curious to see if there are any devs out there willing to provide some kind of explanation as to why?

If I have to be honest. In my Dead by Daylight playtime (since release) I have only encountered one hacker, AT MOST. I don't know if I had more hackers but if I did, then they all sucked :D. But hackers always suck so they are out -playable. Except if it's a tier 3 Myers with 300% speed or some ######### like that. You're bound to get raped.

I've had one survivor who was always faster. Know what I did when I caught him for the first time. I let him almost bleed out and then mori'd him. (you used to be able to mori someone without the need of a hook)

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

@ChraizE said:
    Why do you never discuss them in streams? I am just curious to see if there are any devs out there willing to provide some kind of explanation as to why?

I guess I'll just leave this here.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/AnnoyingEnthusiasticKiwiPJSalt

• ChraizE

@Peanits said:

@ChraizE said:
    Why do you never discuss them in streams? I am just curious to see if there are any devs out there willing to provide some kind of explanation as to why?

Interesting so they JUST began to do something with the report system so that touches on one thing at least thanks.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

@ChraizE said:

@Peanits said:

@ChraizE said:

Interesting so they JUST began to do something with the report system so that touches on one thing at least thanks.

Not just, they've been working on it for a while.

• ChraizE

@Peanits said:

@ChraizE said:

@Peanits said:

@ChraizE said:

okay but this was the first i heard of it and working on it is just words as it stands there are still no consequences which for my experience has been the difference between a good time and a goodbye. I will wait for the official announcement that people will have to answer for their disgusting words towards others in this game and that rage quits and cheating will actually see people banned on a regular basis. This community has spiraled out of control at least in the Oceanic region extremely toxic people.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Peanits said:

I would like to see endorsements added to DbD! Actually, I'm gonna make a thread about it soon so I'm going name every mods name that I can think of so you all can see it!
  • ChraizE

@KillingInstinct said:

@ChraizE said:

@KillingInstinct said:

@ChraizE said:

If I have to be honest. In my Dead by Daylight playtime (since release) I have only encountered one hacker, AT MOST. I don't know if I had more hackers but if I did, then they all sucked :D. But hackers always suck so they are out -playable. Except if it's a tier 3 Myers with 300% speed or some ######### like that. You're bound to get raped.

I've had one survivor who was always faster. Know what I did when I caught him for the first time. I let him almost bleed out and then mori'd him. (you used to be able to mori someone without the need of a hook)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP1Tp-XNGJY there's literally channels dedicated to hacking in this game you're being a little ignorant about the hacking problem buddy it's very real!

I know it exists xD Every game has hackers. But it's not as many as you guys tend to say. You think 20% of players are hackers probably :D

Don't call me ignorant btw

Well based on what you said it came across ignorant. Words mean things...

• KillingInstinct
    KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272

@ChraizE said:

@KillingInstinct said:

@ChraizE said:

@KillingInstinct said:

@ChraizE said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP1Tp-XNGJY there's literally channels dedicated to hacking in this game you're being a little ignorant about the hacking problem buddy it's very real!

I know it exists xD Every game has hackers. But it's not as many as you guys tend to say. You think 20% of players are hackers probably :D

Don't call me ignorant btw

Well based on what you said it came across ignorant. Words mean things...

I watched the guy. He's pretty hilarious for the fact that he's sometimes even trying to get banned

• MuteNewt
    MuteNewt Member Posts: 234

He taunts the devs in every one of his videos. Telling them what a ######### job they are doing and they have still yet to ban him etc. Hope the devs have something planned for him and his channel cause hes to cocky and thinks hes gonna get away with all the hacking scot free. I think a lawsuit would humble him a bit. His whole channel is evidence the devs could use against him for damages to their game.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited July 2018
    @ChraizE @MuteNewt

you two goobers need to calm down and stop witch hunting. there are no hacks.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@ChraizE said:

They have your money, they don't care, people still play no matter how ######### up the game is, they added shinny new outfits for more of your money, what was your complaint?

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    edited July 2018
    tell your mother thar you need a spanking, fcc.  i will advocate for this.  your behavior is unconscionable and deplorable.  yet, to hear you sqwauk about the real problems here, you neatly negate your own dread involvement.  forshame, sir.  where is your mother right now?
  • ChraizE

The fact that people can practically shove the evidence down the devs throat and they STILL do nothing is what concerns me the most. For me that's kind of a deal breaker.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    edited July 2018
    I like hacking Claudettes for breakfast. She tries stealing my cereal so I Franklin's the spoon out of her hand. She normally stares me blankly in the face or shakes her head frantically.
  • NeoVid
    NeoVid Member Posts: 37

@MuteNewt said:
    He taunts the devs in every one of his videos. Telling them what a ######### job they are doing and they have still yet to ban him etc. Hope the devs have something planned for him and his channel

I'm assuming they'll add a cosmetic with his logo in game.