Anyone else thinks this event is probably one of the worse events we had?

Options

Last year's Halloween event had an identity, it felt like you where part of the lore during that event even if it was fucky at some points during the event, it still was fun as hell and I loved every second of it, the gens and hooks looked cool and you actually felt like this "purge" the entity was going through actually happened and it felt cool and I really hoped we'd at least see the flowers again but now we have random pumpkins on top of the gens and next to the hooks with small growths next to hooks.

This event just feels like it has no identity at all, the Entity's purge feels completely diconnected from this event the skins look cool but I hate how you earn them, the Serum is abslutely horrible to get because I have the feeling the seconds level of the Archives will release if the event is about to end, I am not completely sure if it does or not but if it does it will be nearly impossible to actually gain all 60 Serum vials because then you have to rely on shard gain through leveling up your rift shard thing which will be hard as #########.

I hate the idea of combining the rift pass with the event because it feels increadibly ######### to progress through and on top of that the events loose their entire identity.

I gotta give the devs some props because the story section of the Archives is cool as hell but that's like the only good thing about this update and this event. I absolutely hate the Rift pass and I don't really wanna progress in it to be honest but I'll atleast try to get 20 more vials for one full skin because I sure as hell don't think that I'll be able to unlock the second one nor do I want to purchase them afterwards.

What do you guys think am I alone on that opinion?

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

What makes an event really?

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,549
    edited October 2019
    Options

No.

Let me be specific to avoid confusion. I don't agree with you. The event is good

• Alice_pbg
    Options

You don't need an ebony.

Michael has his addons, and every killer can use devour hope.(still easier with ebony, but not necessary)

• BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248
    Options

Elaborate some more my man, why do you like it? I kinda wanna know because I don't really see the appeal in this years event

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Yeah, sure doing Michael achievement is even harder, and devour is an hex. (Also this stuff is blocked behind a pay-wall, so ebonys is the only way anyone can do it)

• Alice_pbg
    Options

Wrong, you can get hag with shards. No paywall.

And I did say it was easier with the ebony. ;)

• BottledWater
    Options

In my eyes an event should actually bring content to the table at least some content, like small side objectives or at least some extra things in the map this years halloween is pretty devoid of that.

Last year they had a compelling lore to the event and you actually felt imersed because of the pustula plants around the maps and on hooks and it really felt like the Entity was going through the purge that was talked about in the stories. this year is completely lacking with the additions of actual elements related to the event I.e. the pustula plants only make an appearance on the hooks and they're barely noticeable on top of that there is no real objective that makes you feel connected to the event. No halloween themed mission. But at least the lore of the event is showcased nicer in the Archives

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    Options

Devour hope? You are on the trolling train aswell now, huh?

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Yeah. Even with everything going on in DBD...this feels a disappointment unfortunately.

• BottledWater
    Options

I mean he is right tho the missions encourage you to go out of your way to complete them, they either want you to run noed or encourage you to use a mori or they encourage you to go off into the sunset chasing crows. Yes you can use Devour or Micheals tombstone add ons but those 2 are extremely situational and will only work sometimes and you still went out of your way to do something you either don't feel comfortable with or that you are familiar with

• Alice_pbg
    Options

The theme in the main menu is great. The layout aswell.

Everyone can do the event action easily(fix the gen/hook survivor). And since it works for everyone, there's no "I do it" mentality.

This year skins are awesome.

Getting some serum for free skins is easy. Sure, getting everything is hard, but that's fine. You can still get some free stuff without having to play all the time.

I also like the not over the top halloween look on the maps. Very simple stuff. Works better imo.

• BottledWater
    Options

The worst part about it is that it is the Halloween event for a horror game after all which is in my opinion the most important event for a game like that. I mean I'd even be more than happy with the return of the plants and vials that at least was different and fun

• Alice_pbg
    Options

Yeah. That's the nature of the challenges. Do different stuff. Try new things.

• AkiTheKitten
    AkiTheKitten Member Posts: 670
    Options

The only thing that annoys me about this event is the tryhard killers I've faced

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    Options

Hard agree. They left half of the event stuff out so people would pay for it. Plain and simple. I was so excited to get at least a full skin for free but noticing how absolute dogshit the rift is and the objectives to get it done is...well...#########, this event is so boring. Lemme say, I'm not against a company wanting money for a game. At all. However, lets look at EA for a second. They got ######### on so hard because paywalls. Lootboxes and the sort. Now BHVR, a "small" company(which they're not at all) is doing the same so people feel bad and want to help them by giving them more money. That's a ######### idea. We've been pouring money into them for years thinking oh hey this $5 will help them to fix some bugs and yet we still have those bugs. I was so hopeful for a fun event like last years but then they make it so you can't even get ######### vials from gens. Just more BP. With a double BP weekend. That right there felt like a slap in the face. This just shows that every event coming up after this will only give you more BP. No more unlocking skins the good old fashioned way of playing the game. You have to pay for them. Sure, dedicated people who ONLY play this game will get maybe a full skin but for us casual people who like to pop on for an hour at most get ######### on so hard. Thanks BHVR. You've finally shown your true EA colours.

• BottledWater
    Options

The music really is nice but the layout of the main menu feels to simple and basic. This is DbD we are talking about afterall the game has a proper lore for the Halloween event and it's an interesting one at that. You barely see any of the Pustula plants at all, the flowers themselves are nowhere to be seen it feels like the event and the purge are no longer related to the game at all.

The skins might look great but earning them feels so lazy, the event is basically not happening you have no input at all during the event. You aren't really doing any missions because they are halloween related you do them because you ccan progress through a pass that not alot of people really liked, these people are now forced to do things with the pass even tho they did not want to interact with it at all because the pass really is a ######### for players that don't want to spend money and gaining enough serum also seems extremely hard to nearly impossible

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

The ''Event'' is the Rift as everything revolves around that.

I posted a discussion on how to fix this as this Event does not feel like an Event, the Xmas Event was more festive than this.

Basically all Gens and Hooks are decorated as Blighted, Offerings increase the Multiplier you get from Hooking and completing Gens. This way it looks like an Event is going on since decorations are literally everywhere and no one has to struggle to actually get the bonus points.

The serum is in the Rift to avoid how hard it was with last year's event so I understand why they did it but it feels cheap and like you're not actually working for it. The vial we had last year was sick and awesome, it felt like we were making progress and they could have kept that but chose to focus entirely on the Rift because it gets them more money...yay.

• BottledWater
    Options

Forcing you to use perks you do not want to use and even forcing you to grief your own team doesn't seem like proper gameplay

• BottledWater
    Options

I would actually say getting Vials last year was easier because now you will have to play around 15-20 games to sometimes gain 2-3 vials if you finished all your missions because I don't think the second level of the tome will unlock before the event ends and if it does it will be shortly before the event ends which means that at one point you will have it needlesly harder to gain serum

• Alice_pbg
    Options

The first part is basically what a daily already does.

And what challenge forces you to grief?

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

The event is getting outshined by double bloodpoints. Putrid Serum feels like it takes forever to get, spooky items are rare to come by and using the offerings gives you a max of 15k extra bp, when you could use a cake/pudding/streamer and just get triple bloodpoints. I'd barely call this an event. We got some new generators/hooks and a new menu screen and that's it.

• BottledWater
    Options

Daily's have never forced you to use different perks if anything they wanted you to use Mori's and if you haven't allready noticed the insane amounts of survivors rushing for unhooks or only doing chests then Killing themselves or the survivors that just walk around the outskirts of the map trying to scare crows then consider yourself lucky because that is what I mean with griefing

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited October 2019
    Options

It is very lacklustre.

I would say using the rift for the serum the was a wrong choice. I feel its being used more as a marketing tool to get people into it then an actually having an event for the community to feel rewarded for playing in it.

The offerings just add 3k which isn't alot and not really worth a bloodweb purchase as I see very few being used so two offerings may gain you 12k but thats rare from my experience due to the challenges taking some away from doing gens.

I'm quite dissapointed that the inclusion of the rift caused the loss of the usual events which I always enjoyed taking part in.

• Alice_pbg
    Options
  • BottledWater
    Options

So hook rushing forcing the Killer to stay nearby which can easily get you killed, getting farmed and dying because he didn't have borrowed time, getting no gens done because there is a ######### meg running around the map with her butt buddy chasing crows, getting no gens done because the claudette wants to open all 5 chests afterwards she kills herself is not considered griefing in any way shape or form for you?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Not the worst for me, i'd place it somewhere in the middle, maybe high-middle.

My personal favorite was the first anniversary.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

No nothing tops how bad howling grounds was that one time....it was...quite the event...

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907
    Options

im not really a fan of it. i was excited but... the event really just doesnt mean anything. i was ok with it being bloodpoint only thing, though i understand most people's disappointment with it, but i was expecting a bit more than just... pumpkins. i barely even notice a special hook vs a normal hook when just walking by.

and no one else seems to really care either. ive played plenty of matches yesterday and today and only like 3 people even used event offerings. and, though not every game, im still getting some games that have people saboing the event hooks, once only the event hooks... so, yeah its really just... normal DBD. aside from challenges but thats a whole different topic.

• Alice_pbg
    Options

No.

Griefing, would be someone purposefully, bringing the killer to you, blocking your way, missing skill checks in the gen you're on, unhooking you so you get downed again, etc. When someone is trying to make your gaming experience worse.

Everything else is just normal play. Bad plays aren't griefing.

And the challenge requires safe unhooks, so it's not getting people to unhook you unsafely, it's just bad plays.

• WolfPad06
    WolfPad06 Member Posts: 182
    Options

Bad move tying the Serum to the battlepass.

The "event" is just a reskin of hooks and gens with some cool background on the main menu.

Sure the extra BP is nice, and the skin are absolutely amazing, but it doesn't feel like a Halloween event, it feels like a regular battle pass.

Think about it, the coolest part of the "event" (the skins and the lore) can be done completely after the actual event days.

• BottledWater
    Options

So litterly joining the match to open chests and then killing themselves basically removing a player from your match making it a 3v1 is not altering my gameplay experience in any way apparently? Neither is two megs chasing crows around the entire game basically removing 2 survivors by the start of the game not altering my experience? Aight I get how it is mate

• BottledWater
    Options

Same I think the halloween event in DbD should be something special but this just feels lazy and extremely boring there is no inovation in slapping serum into a bad battle pass

• BottledWater
    Options

Couldn't agree more the Serum in the battle pass is super stupid in my opinion

• Alice_pbg
    Options

Altering gameplay experience... wow... so vague... excelent for covering your tracks. Not like it applies to absolutely every single player interaction in the game...no sir...

And no, if someone isn't actively trying to ruin your game, it isn't griefing.

Sure, someone suiciding on hook makes your game harder, but that's just being an ass. Not griefing.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,721
    Options

Exactly. With the serum in the Rift, there's no motivation to play the event. Maybe if the event rewarded double XP or something to help with getting Rift fragments, then I'd care, but it doesn't help unlock the serum any more than playing outside of the event. As is, it feels like an afterthought. "HERE'S THE RIFT, LOOK AT ALL THIS STUFF! Look at this new lore! Try out our challenges! ... (oh, and also, we put some pumpkins on your gens.) Enjoy!"

• RinWaifu
    RinWaifu Member Posts: 41
    Options

All events suck because people play like ######### ######### to get things done, lost count of who many facecamp killer and friend with the kiler survivors i got today, and the best part is that they don't get punish for that, people can't just play normally during events

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Hah, 1 of only 2 times where i just said: "Nope!" to the game.

• BottledWater
    Options

Exactly a halloween event that allready has an established lore and backround shouldn't just consist out of some pumpkins and serum that you don't really have any real interaction with, there is no themed halloween missions nor are there any real gameplay elemts that would tell you "Hey it's halloween it's kind of important to the lore"

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

I am enjoying using perks I usually do not use, and trying out new things.

• BottledWater
    Options

That's nice my guy but the thing we are talking about was the event itself not the Archives because the event itself feels extremely lackluster for me and others but hey it's nice that you like the mission

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

It honestly seems like a reskinned Lunar event. The Serum definitely shouldn't have been tied to the Rift.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

im enjoying it

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options
  • Alice_pbg
    Options

Does it matter?

Still can get her for free, which was the point