Ok BHVR.

AsePlayer
AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

Can't wait to do these ones against competent killers.

Comments

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    edited November 2019

Pretty much half of the Survivor challenges for chapter 4 are nearly impossible to do. Some of the killer ones are BS too.

• Artyomich
    Artyomich Member Posts: 281

First and Second is perfectly fine.Unless the first challenge means unhook 3 survivors at the same match then that's impossible.

Third one is pretty BS. You have to actively be toxic and getting a flashlight save is very, very rare and your best bet is bullying noob killers

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Eh. They aren’t that bad IMO.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited November 2019

@AsePlayer

Step 1 Team up in a SWF match.

Step 2 Tell them what you plan on doing.

Step 3 repair 4 gens and leave them at 99%.

Step 4 tap each one and you got your 4.

• Artyomich

Oh then that's completely junk.

Seems like the Rift would just inspires toxic behavior more and more. We're already seeing blatant hook farming with just the early stage.

• Johnny_XMan

@ProfessorDunwich Oh I’m sorry that I am human capable of making mistakes.

Then don’t 99% and just have your team work with you and do them one by one.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

Pretty much. Every tier you don't complete and ever vial you miss out on is the potential for you to spend money. Maybe you will accept you won't get it, but plenty of others will shell out of the complete the set. That is the point of battle passes, they want you to pay for the tiers.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited November 2019

If anything its more reasonable to tie the lore to than the rift imo...

The challenges/lore stay forever the rift doesn't. We could try these challenges for years if we want but forcing it into 70 days is the problem.

(Way less than 70 for the hard ones)

• Johnny_XMan

@ProfessorDunwich I mean, I’ve been able to complete 3 gens before without a problem. This was when I wasn’t trying to be coordinated with my teammates. So for me while it is challenging it’s not impossible.

Especially when you got killers camping nowadays. The challenge is really dependent on who the killer is and how much they proxy gens.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

I predict many people will derank just to pull these challenges off and I don’t blame them to be honest. I don’t think the devs thought these challenges through as much.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

I wonder who design these challenges

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    edited November 2019
  • Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

You obviously don't play this game.

When have you ever completed 4 gens in a single game, where the killer wasn't farming with you and everyone else was dead (everyone else has to be dead or complicit because you are competing with them for the gens)? This sort of thing does not happen in a normal game. Period.

Unhooking thrice during EGC is also impossible without the killer complicit and farming.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,096

This is called BaLaNcEd gameplay.

• crossboy
    crossboy Member Posts: 55

These are NOT meant to be challenges you can get if you try really hard for one game to get them. They are MEANT to take awhile, and they should, it is the fourth tier of the Time after all. These are *hard*, as they *should be*. For too long all challenges have just been considered easy things that pretty much happen anyways during a game passively. These are harder and actually have to be focused on, which is a welcome change for the last time, which I will remind you, you have infinite time to complete.

You don't need to finish every challenge to get to the end of the Rift. Making challenges hard =/= they want you to pay.

• crossboy

Something being hard doesn't mean it suddenly isn't going to be consumer friendly. As a whole, the Archives still are casual friendly. Almost all of the challenges you can do passively through games with little or no thought put into them (albeit it will take a few games to do) and you can get all the way to the end of the rift as well.

If you want to complete every challenge, you are NOT playing casually. You are no longer in the same boat, and challenges SHOULD be harder.

They were not lying, I would still say what they said is true.

• crossboy

You have absolutely no way of knowing what you are claiming to. The rift has been open for one full day (out of 70) and you are already claiming it would take the same time as a full time job.

Additionally, you are mixing up a lot of things. Someone who wants every reward in game without paying at all and without having to work for it is not a casual player, they are just greedy. If someone wants to unlock everything, that is completely fine. I even want to do that. However, that no longer makes you a casual player. It is going to be harder to complete.

Your expectations are sort of all over. You're saying it's manipulative to have a limited time event?? Every major game does this, it's a really good way of encouraging people to play more. Additionally, you don't even have to get rewards through the rift. Many of them will become available for purchase later.

You can't expect them to just give everything out for free with no challenge whenever it's convenient for you.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

Im gonna laugh my ass off if these arnt the real challenges at all, but rather placeholders the devs put in place to troll dataminers.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

As a solo survivor these challenges will be impossible to complete for me. I hope the developers reconsider some of these challenges and keep the solo players in mind. They wouldn't be too bad if they were NOT required to do in a single trial.

• LOA
    LOA Member Posts: 235

There is no way anyone is getting 3 safe unhook in the End Game in a Single Trial. Won't ever happen unless the killer is in on it with you. What a joke. But, it's to be expected from the money hoarders.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It is trolling more than data miners since I can see them in the actual game.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

It's already been stated adnauseam, these type of Challenges are more dependant on luck/RNG to align....which for other Challenges is ok....but the EGC save 3 Survivors in one match and the others similar to it...are def "Planets must align" type of BS....Im MOSTLY happy with thr Archives & Rift....but they can not have these and expect us to be content with them...I rather work towards MORE do X number of things across multiple Matches that take maybe 3-5 Matches generally to complete than BS Single Match stuff.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Yeah, me no likey either.

Especially DCs are just going to induce rage like never before.

"Okay, i finally got fellow Survivors who mostly let me repair, now just 1 more Genera-" *Killer disconnects*

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452

Aren't super hard challenges kind of a tradition in gaming? Isn't the point to have bragging rights when you actually finish them? They aren't unobtainable. They are just really, REALLY hard.

• Witas
    Witas Member Posts: 477

No worries, If you ask me there is no ######### way they're leaving them as they are, the negative feedback is already immense, can't imagine what would happen if they actually went through with this.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

Even for people (like me) who don't care about it that much and just want to play the game it's going to screw us over because everyone is going to be going for the challenges all the time. Not sure what the devs are thinking, maybe they aren't thinking at all

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452

TL;DR It's really, REALLY hard!

(I'm just teasing you. Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

• Look, 4 gens with a perk useful only after the gen. That is overly hard friend. You have to game the system to do so, or your survivors and killer must suck very, very bad. Otherwise it won't be completed. Also notice the single trial its all or nothing each time. And someone tapping a gen twice can screw it, you would only get objective points and have to be a gen jockey. The flashlight one is annoying but do-able, that's a challenge. 8 times out of 10 the gen one is suicide, 2 others are very hard. Read and think before posting again and don't go off topic plz

• @Peanits should see these

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

After checking them out I've decided to just ignore it...

• Artyomich

Or I didn't read the challenges and skimmed on it quickly?

Only been in this forum for recently and you've been a noticeable massive pain in the neck already, yikes.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited November 2019

You're right, they didn't. They're hoping you'll fork over real money instead of taking the time to complete the bullshit challenges.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

That's not entirely true. You don't just randomly unlock them as you play (like steam achievements). You have to focus on one in particular. You have to have that goal in mind so it affects your gameplay decisions. Now if I could unlock them through play randomly, I'd be fine with that. Some of these are just... un-fun to even think of attempting.

• crossboy

That's exactly my point. By focusing on them this much, you aren't a casual player. There's nothing wrong with that though. But by the 4th level in the tome, I should hope that the challenges would be this difficult. That way that take at least the rest of the time to complete, possibly longer. The current challenges many people were able to finish in a day, which while theres nothing wrong with that, I'd like to see the challenges pick up in difficulty.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Imagine

"Unhook the same survivor 3 times in one trial."

• Stains
    Stains Member Posts: 75

This whole archives update is a big f***up. I would rather have all the cosmetics be sold in the store without having to complete the rift and remove the rift entirely. The tomes can stay for the lore with the challenges giving you something to spice up your gameplay and not forcing you to play scumy.

As it stands right now this update is a huge disappointment.

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367

Even on the first tome challenges, players have been depipping and deranking just to get ONE chest done, let alone three in the same trial using Plunderer's Instinct. (which I did by some fluke).

I would be interested in unlocking the Killer ones as I dont play Killer, so I can gather the lore items. Whats a fair item to pay to unlock the tome period?