Anti patrol or tunnel mechanis

krick
krick Member Posts: 13
edited August 2018 in General Discussions

startet out playing in 2016, was fun but got tired of all the hook shenanigans came back 2 years later, and still the old camped/patrolled to death, or tunneling going on in so many games, with hardly any changes against it.
I feel the game rewards killers to much for tunneling or patrolling hooks

I suggest a new survivor or some new perks

Warded: getting unhooked instantly heals you, but the next down instantly kills you.

Immersive survivor: after getting unhooked you have no grunts of pain or breathing sounds, while leaving no scratch marks or blood for 15, 20, 25 seconds.
balance: 10 seconds shorter timer for each sacrificed survivor.

Get of me: after getting unhooked become immune to all aura readings for, 15, 20, 25 seconds, with the ability to interrupt survivors trying to unhook you.

edited the perks abit

Post edited by krick on

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Its always funny when guys like you suggest insane buff to do somethign against camping/tunneling etc

Maybe they shuodl just adapt the chase/gen time ratio and you will see way less camping/tunneling

• krick

Right back at you, always amusing to read the same replays, hide to avoid tunneling, don't get caught to avoid getting camped, bringing a medkit with no addons = instant face camp from pro killer...

you can always balance Immersive survivor: and Get of me: with 10 Seconds less for each, survivor whos already sacrificed for the later game

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

No, you may not be rewarded for your failures nor force the Killer to play badly because he beat you.

• M4I3X
    M4I3X Member Posts: 25

I'm also pissed of from killers camping and tunnling but as much as it hurts me to say this and as the devs said: "Camping and Tunnling is kind of a tactic from the killers even if it is just a poor tactic to use"
    But if killers that boosted themself to rank 1 with NOED etc. need to do it so they don't get demolished.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    To all of you people who despise camping,
    Just, use, Kindred III or Borrowed Time.
    "Unlocks potential in one's Aura IconHelp auraspng reading ability. While you're on the Hook, 1 random Survivor's/All Survivors'/All Survivors' and the Killer's (in an 8m radius around the Hook) Aura(s) are revealed to all other Survivors."

Survivors have multiple counters to camping. They can use either one of the above perks to mix up the camper's game. Or as many have alternatively suggested, "just repair the generators". It takes survivors a while to die on hook if they struggle. If an Insidious Leatherface is scooping up your teammates one at a time and camping them from the first hook, just do gens! More of you will escape and some Lightbringer will go to your camped friend.

I would also like to point out a major flaw in your judgement. You "feel" the game rewards killers for camping? Have you ever actually played killer? Camping punishes killers very severely in the following ways.

Killers receive fewer bloodpoints per action. A survivor fully repairing a generator gets 1800 bloodpoints for this. A killer can only get close to the same point value by repeatedly hooking someone. A single hook and camp alone will yield 1100 bloodpoints, 500 for the hook, 200 for the first phase, 200 for the next, and 200 for the death. By camping they lose upwards of 3000 bloodpoints they could've earned downing and hooking them again (this number is the smallest possible loss as chase bloodpoints and pallet bloodpoints were not included in the calculations). So it is clear by this data that the killer loses a great deal of points just from the person they're camping. If the other survivors go to gens like smart survivors and the camped victim struggles their allies can escape which will cost the killer a potential 16800 bloodpoints they could've earned by downing and hooking everyone else to death. (Minus chase and pallet points once again.) So camping will always hit the killer in the blood wallet, but what about rank?

For those unaware the killer has 4 emblems just like the survivors except they are reversed.

Gatekeeper: "Don't touch that!"
    If survivors are smart a camper can have this emblem utterly obliterated. If you see someone being camped and you lack Borrowed Time, do generators and you can really hurt the killer's emblem here. For maximum efficiency only have 1 survivor per gen so you get them done faster.

Devout: "Waste those fools!"
    This is the primary emblem the camper will get points from. Each sacrifice grants 2 points which raises the emblem's value by one. If only one person dies then they get a bronze emblem. If someone is being camped do gens and escape so this emblem doesn't go above two.

Malicious: "The beatings shall continue . . ."
    This is a key emblem, namely because survivors decide whether or not the killer will pip based on this emblem and Gatekeeper. Malicious gives the killer 1 point each time they hit a survivor and 2 points for each hook stage. It requires 11 points to get bronze. So knowing it takes 2 hits to down a survivor and 3 hook stages to sacrifice we know the killer will get 8 points, not enough for bronze if everyone else stays away and does gens. The point here is don't hang around the camped survivor, just do gens and leave!

Chaser: " Get back over here!"
    Not remotely important here as usually campers tunnel whomever they find first so just steer clear of the heartbeat and you will be all set.

So to summarize, killers lose bloodpoints for camping and lose pips from camping as well. So if someone camps just rush gens and get out. The killer will lose pips and not rank up so they will change thier tactics eventually. 
  • krick

@Peasant said:
    To all of you people who despise camping,
    Just, use, Kindred III or Borrowed Time.
    "Unlocks potential in one's Aura  reading ability. While you're on the Hook, 1 random Survivor's/All Survivors'/All Survivors' and the Killer's (in an 8m radius around the Hook) Aura(s) are revealed to all other Survivors."

Survivors have multiple counters to camping. They can use either one of the above perks to mix up the camper's game. Or as many have alternatively suggested, "just repair the generators". It takes survivors a while to die on hook if they struggle. If an Insidious Leatherface is scooping up your teammates one at a time and camping them from the first hook, just do gens! More of you will escape and some Lightbringer will go to your camped friend.

I would also like to point out a major flaw in your judgement. You "feel" the game rewards killers for camping? Have you ever actually played killer? Camping punishes killers very severely in the following ways.

Killers receive fewer bloodpoints per action. A survivor fully repairing a generator gets 1800 bloodpoints for this. A killer can only get close to the same point value by repeatedly hooking someone. A single hook and camp alone will yield 1100 bloodpoints, 500 for the hook, 200 for the first phase, 200 for the next, and 200 for the death. By camping they lose upwards of 3000 bloodpoints they could've earned downing and hooking them again (this number is the smallest possible loss as chase bloodpoints and pallet bloodpoints were not included in the calculations). So it is clear by this data that the killer loses a great deal of points just from the person they're camping. If the other survivors go to gens like smart survivors and the camped victim struggles their allies can escape which will cost the killer a potential 16800 bloodpoints they could've earned by downing and hooking everyone else to death. (Minus chase and pallet points once again.) So camping will always hit the killer in the blood wallet, but what about rank?

For those unaware the killer has 4 emblems just like the survivors except they are reversed.

Gatekeeper: "Don't touch that!"
    If survivors are smart a camper can have this emblem utterly obliterated. If you see someone being camped and you lack Borrowed Time, do generators and you can really hurt the killer's emblem here. For maximum efficiency only have 1 survivor per gen so you get them done faster.

Devout: "Waste those fools!"
    This is the primary emblem the camper will get points from. Each sacrifice grants 2 points which raises the emblem's value by one. If only one person dies then they get a bronze emblem. If someone is being camped do gens and escape so this emblem doesn't go above two.

Malicious: "The beatings shall continue . . ."
    This is a key emblem, namely because survivors decide whether or not the killer will pip based on this emblem and Gatekeeper. Malicious gives the killer 1 point each time they hit a survivor and 2 points for each hook stage. It requires 11 points to get bronze. So knowing it takes 2 hits to down a survivor and 3 hook stages to sacrifice we know the killer will get 8 points, not enough for bronze if everyone else stays away and does gens. The point here is don't hang around the camped survivor, just do gens and leave!

Chaser: " Get back over here!"
    Not remotely important here as usually campers tunnel whomever they find first so just steer clear of the heartbeat and you will be all set.

So to summarize, killers lose bloodpoints for camping and lose pips from camping as well. So if someone camps just rush gens and get out. The killer will lose pips and not rank up so they will change thier tactics eventually. 

Kindred does not work against a killer whose patrolling you to death instead of facecamping, its also a way better tactic to patrol staying far enough out for heartbeat at the hook, but close enough to the hook to start the chase on the unhooked survivor before their get to heal.
    We all make it, can sometimes be enough to get a heal off but still problems with the perk, both it and borrowed time requires someone else to have it.
    Not to mention some of the hooks are located in bad areas, so even with "We all make it" can end up giving the killer a free hit before the survivor makes it to any pallets/windows
    swf is also the problem in this game, their don't need kindred, and already have something better

Do you even play suvivor? It happens a lot if your getting chased, might even be injured and someone gets unhooked, and even if the killer is like 30-40 meters away, from the unhooked person, he goes back to tunneling them.

And about pips who cares about pipping? when you reached the ranks 1 once, you realize how meaningless their are, besides everybody can reach rank 1 with enough time, the Devs have already said survivors win if 3 escapes, if its only 2 the game is even, and less the killer wins.

btw you guys do realize I am talking about perks, and not passive right? thoes 3 perks are there to change up the game, make it a bit more unpredictable, just like killers have received franklins demise, bloodwarden, new tinkerer, remember me, bamboozle.
    Not that you run into those perks a lot, but certainly a surprise that can be costly for survivors.

Warded is there as an option when playing with randoms, sometimes survivors will not give up on a unhooked survivor, even with the killer camping, its also nice to have an option, other then hoping for someone else to have borrowed time.
    its to discourage camping/hook patrol,
    to encourage better game play from survivors who won´t have to be worry about saving before 2nd hook timer kicks in and could keep focusing more on generators,
    to avoid survivors spending half the match on the hook only to be immediately downed seconds after getting unhooked.
    balance: the heal does not active when the last generator has been done.

Immersive Suvivor, is there to discourage killers immediately seeking out a unhooked person, just giving them enough time to get somewhere else and get a heal off, besides the killer can still tunnel the unhooked survivor their would just be a lot harder to find, but theirs still the option of the survivor who unhooked.

Get of me: a option to kick people trying to unhook you in bad situations would be nice for the game, but unless it becomes a perk a lot of survivors would probably use it to troll others, but spending a perk for the option to avoid sandbagging seems excessive unless it has other ups to it.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@M4I3X said:
    I'm also pissed of from killers camping and tunnling but as much as it hurts me to say this and as the devs said: "Camping and Tunnling is kind of a tactic from the killers even if it is just a poor tactic to use"
    But if killers that boosted themself to rank 1 with NOED etc. need to do it so they don't get demolished.

That must be mathew that said that. No wonder he got wrecked in korea. To be fair he does not play much, i assume.

NOED is a perk. I dont even use it. Get over it. Deal with it. Git gud as we as killers are told over and over again.