This "Halloween event" has 0 atmosphere

Options
justarandy
justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

Nothing special ingame. Just a few pumpkins on gens which literally do nothing when activated. Yaaaaawn, is there anything else more boring and lazy than this?

It just took me 5 minutes of brainstorming to get much better ideas for this event (which I could share in a different post).

Post edited by justarandy on

Comments

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    Options

Yeah but it has spooky pumpkins that are facing the wall and you can't even see their face sometimes though

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

Halloween events is usually where I spend the most money on free games due to the cool events and cosmetics.

The money I have spent in DbD for the last TWO Halloween events: $0

Games I HAVE spent money: DCUO, ESO, Warframe, FFXIV.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

To make it even worse, the stupid looking pumpkin gens give LESS blood points than an escape cake. With 2-3 you would be better using a green offering for points

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907
    Options

Really? Guess thats why no ones using the offerings...

• thedevalex
    thedevalex Member Posts: 283
    Options

Lmao what how is everything stuck behind a paywall? There's a free track on the archives which grants you the ability to get the halloween cosmetics

• thedevalex
    Options

The halloween cosmetics this year are cool... Have you seen the clown and spirit

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

Yep, you get 3000 as a survivor for every special gen done so IF everyone uses a holiday offering and IF those 5 gens get done you get an extra 15k... whereas even a decent game as survivor with an escape cake you can get more than that.

Same for killer, but most killers aren’t bringing one because the hooks aren’t always close enough.

so assuming the killer doesn’t being one and even one teammate doesn’t, you’re looking at max 9k bonus so you’re better off using a green Altruistic offering to get 8k possible

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

Don't you like pumpkin generators?

• BabyBubbaMain
    BabyBubbaMain Member Posts: 97
    Options
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

While i DO think they look cool and are well done, I have never really liked them. I always thought they are just too bright.

I prefer something darker or more gorey so I never spent money on them. I have a few I earned in past events but never use them. I do think the art team makes them look really great, just not in a direction I would prefer.

• concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282
    Options

I disagree. There is very $trong atmo$phere $$$

• LOA
    LOA Member Posts: 235
    Options

Atleast the 3 year Anniversary Gens farted when you finished them. This game just may need to die. It's basically a free to play phone game at this point. I hate to say that because I do indeed like it, but it has gone to hell over the last 2 years.

And still loaded with BUGS.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

I agree. Halloween should be the biggest event for a horror game like dbd. I remember when there was summer bbq and hallowed blight - those were great events, only needing minor improvements. This is just a soulless cash grab.

• dbizzle
    dbizzle Member Posts: 96
    Options

why is an event? its just a few pumpkins?

• dbizzle
    dbizzle Member Posts: 96
    edited November 2019
    Options

the event is sabotaging hooks at costing killers bloodpoints theres your event

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    Options

And here we have another bootlicker that is willing to pay for everything the very incompetent devs throw at us. This event is pure ######### compared to literally every other event they've had and any other game is having at the moment. I truly don't want to support the devs any further with this kinda paywall and bullshit they're throwing at us. I mean hell, even Mattieu comes from EA so this kinda BS is expected, he just hid it for this long.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

Is this an event or is it “surprise disappointment?”

• Tangero
    Tangero Member Posts: 119
    Options

They only put effort to where they can make money aka cosmetics

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614
    edited November 2019
    Options

A fast question for you guys! Are we supposed to get only 1k BP from the event gens ? Cause I don't know if it was a dream but I thought I saw sometihng like 3k or 4k yesterday for a gen or was it my eyes ?

• Kathpatty
    Kathpatty Member Posts: 19
    Options

Ps4 wait times are absolutely terrible. Double blood points and I cannot get a game

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    edited November 2019
    Options

If you burn an event offering, you get 3k per event gen. If you don't, it's 1k per event gen. (I think those are the correct numbers. But yeah, you get more points if you burn the event offering.)

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    Options
  • Captain_Spaulding
    Options

Uh I can certainly complain because people like to believe this is a small indie company. Wrong. It is the biggest indie company in Canada with multiple backers and investors such as Disney and Xbox. I expect more because I know they are capable of so much more yet want us to believe their ######### lies that they can't do much. Wrong. They can do a lot but choose not to. I'm simply waiting for the community to realize their lies and stop buying into it and buying their crap products.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Yeah that error message could have been in orange that would be great. If you could play the game at all that would be even better. Perhaps next Halloween the game will work again.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Options

Well since many of us can't even get in the game... I'd agree.

#goodjobsofar 🙄

• Captain_Spaulding
    Options

I don't think I'm entitled to any event, every consumer is deservedly so rewarded with more content because we bought the base game. Hell, I own every killer and survivor OTHER than GF because I thought the company knew what they were doing with this crap. However, with recent decisions, I was proved hella wrong. Name another game? League of legends with URF. Which is loads more fun than do a gen and get 1k points. Oooooh double BP because we pushed back a ######### event which is tied into the rift so you can't actually get anything from playing the base game, instead play super scummy to get your "rewards". Fortnite is having a full on free event. Apex is having a free halloween event. Hell even pokemon go is having a halloween event. Free. I can understand free to play games hiding ######### behind a paywall but paying $30 for base game and then up to $60 for more dlc AND a battlepass? No. ######### EA tactics. Stop licking their boots and shoving your nose up their ass because you THINK they're doing well. Plain and simple. This event is ######### and literally everyone knows it.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536
    Options

Uh, hitman 2 and destiny 2 both have pretty good halloween events right now with things that are awesome that you unlock for participating in the event.

The blight cosmetics aren't event cosmetics they're rift cosmetics.

• thedevalex
    Options

lmao what. I haven't paid for anything. That's the point of what I'm saying, you don't have to pay for it if you don't want to. My game experience is perfectly fine without paying for the premium track and cosmetics

• thedevalex
    Options

Ah okay well that's understandable, personal preference is a thing

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536
    Options

Your mischaracterizations of hitman 2 and destiny aside, you know bhvr is the biggest indie dev in canada, right? You know that ioi and bungie are both self owned and produced right? Its actually a very apt comparison, but you don't actually seem interested in listening to anyone else so I'm just gonna leave you to it. Enjoy your weekend friend.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Options

Yeah and I'm not paying them crap for the premium track and I haven't bought a single cosmetic for the simple fact of charging $10 for a single outfit. The battlepass is crap anyways with charms that sit on hooks or barely visible or on the waist of survivors.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited November 2019
    Options

This has probably been said before, but, I really miss milking squishy Pustula plants as my second objective as survivor, and Hooking survivors on Pustlua Plant infested hooks as killer. While there has been no major game-play mechanic change this year for the killer, the lack of the extra game-play mechanic for the survivor is felt pretty hard. It was exciting having that extra objective as survivor as much as it was rewarding when you succeeded. I miss that, and am sad that all of the new players this year haven't experienced it. After the Blight event ended last year (even though it had its bumps requiring some major balance changes/fixes), It was still something uniquely different from standard play, and I was eagerly anticipating its return this year. This year however, while ok and providing more BP, is no more than a carbon copy of the Lunar, and Summer BBQ events as far as objectives, with only 2 full sets of cosmetics to compensate.

Sadly, this years Halloween event in full has been a major disappointment. Yeah, we get more bloodpoints from it, and even have a bloodhunt to amp those earnings up, but without the fun game-play mechanic of last year, this year just doesn't stand out.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Options

The thing is that yes Destiny is grind heavy but you notice how much better you get with the grind. DBD is just grind heavy with no noticing of how much better you get with the grind. Plain and simple. If the killer and 4 survivors play perfect then the survivors win every. Single. Time. This game is supposed to be asymmetrical. Which means the one is better than the 4. This is not the case in this game. You do not get better. I know people love to throw Tru3talent under the bus but the dude speaks truth. Survivor's win no matter what. You have to play an op Killer to "win" the game. Plain and ######### simple. No matter how perfect your killer is or how "meta" the perks are you will lose. You wanna call hitman a cashgrab but defend this game? Buying the game and all the DLC costs about $110. What the ######### do you think is really a cash grab in this sense? Stop defending these ######### devs. Just stop. It's clear they've fallen under EA standards at this point.

• intothefray
    intothefray Member Posts: 23
    Options

Wait are you guys actually getting the points for this?

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

I also feel this event has less atmosphere, compared to the other halloween events. I have a hard time seeing if a gen is an event gen from afar, since the pumpkins are not that big and nothing else is changed for the gen. We could have more things on the gen or maybe even changing the event gens to orange color. Also, we could have had some decorations on the lockers, for example, just to remind of halloween.

• thedevalex
    Options

Go ahead and keep doing that lmao. As I said, you're not forced to pay. Chill out man

• Apackawolves
    Apackawolves Member Posts: 65
    Options

I’m actually confused about this event. Because they said they removed the cankers from the event, in favor of generators due to feed back from the community. BUT. I distinctly remember after last years hallowed blight event. They said the cankers were so well received by the community that they were actually considering options to implement a similar mechanic in normal game play. I don’t get it...

• Apackawolves
    Apackawolves Member Posts: 65
    Options

It’s supposed to be 3000 if you used pestula pedals. I don’t know what it is without them.