This is beyond a joke

Right looking through these forums on a regular basis I see non stop survivor mains whinging, moaning and crying about certain killers. Asking for a lot of killers to be nerfed. It's a load of trash and the Devs are listening to them and nerfing good killers. Eventually it will get to the point where no one wants to play killer because all killers will be useless, this in turn will kill the game.

- Legion + Nerf = Now unplayable

Freddy + Nerf = Unplayable and then Freddy rework comes and people start whinging about that and eventually he is going to be nerfed again

Nurse (Was a viable killer) + Nerf = Now slightly unplayable

Pig + Nerf = now unplayable really

Spirit + Upcoming nerf = Gonna be unplayable

It is ridiculous

Comments

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

The game is going to die soon if all of these complaints keep coming. All one Sided no talk about balance.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Nurse is not top tier anymore, even Hag has surpassed her. Nurse is not fun anymore as well, I might as well start playing green and up add ons spirit to show people what Op and unfair actually is.

• monka
    monka Member Posts: 66

Please refer to the fighting game. The nerf is an adjustment that reduces the fan. The developer is breaking the game.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Medkits butchered? Buddy i don't know what r10 survivor you are but I have protection against billy/myers/gf and lots of killers with instadowns be it via perk or ability. So excuse me where did they butcher the medkits? Not even that but i can prolong chases just as much as before.

OH NO how they butchered those kits

• thenegativone
    thenegativone Member Posts: 254

I don't know about that...i like nurse better now than ever

• Valla
    Valla Member Posts: 25

Nurse is still a top tier killer, probably the best.

Pig.. i dont know what people have with her, i get 3-4K with her on red ranks frequently. She is pretty solid in my opinion.

Spirit need some slight changes, like removing or changing some of her addons and remove collision. Then she is fine. At the current status, she is to strong period.

• matt6996
    matt6996 Member Posts: 82

Nurse is still top tier you just have to wait a second or two longer for the 2nd blink for you to demolish the survivor

Pig just got nerfed since they didn't want people to complain about her being oppressive end game with the RBT's if they stayed the same

Legion is probably the worst killer in the game now but they can give you points pretty well and there nerf was needed since they were hella unhealthy for the game

Spirit might get gutted out bad from the complaints they receive everyday

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

I guess if you ignore all the whining about survivors then you'd only see whining about killers.

Try playing both sides.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Even a console nurse main can still play her. Legion needed a change but now they need buffs. I’m kinda upset about the spirit nerf since I like facing her though.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

I see only spirit nerf posts, no clue what other killer nerf posts you see.

• SpookyJeff
    SpookyJeff Member Posts: 108
    edited November 2019

I mean you can look up in this very same post and see people asking for a Freddy nerf because his slowdown is "too much." Rank 1 survivors have an 80% survival rate, and that was before the nurse nerf, so no, they don't need to nerf Spirit before they do anything else like people are screaming for. They need to buff Doctor, Leatherface, Clown, Wraith, etc. before they take down the last really viable killer against a red rank SWF. Otherwise you'll see that survival stat jump to something terrifying like 90%, which is terrible in any game. Just to clarify, I don't play Spirit unless I have a daily, and have never played Nurse. I just think overall killer viability should be increased, then they can pull Spirit down to whatever makes people happy.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

It doesn't have to be a direct nerf, it could be just a exchange. For example: instead of slow down addons he gets double teleport addons. A rework, which might be even stronger

• SpookyJeff

I've faced full SWF in red ranks as killer and the gens go WAY too quickly as it is. Killers need slowdown perks and addons because otherwise you'd win even more than 80% of the time with all matches done in 10 minutes or fewer. I know it feels frustrating from the survivor side, but the overall stats of how frequently killers can actually win a match at the highest level are terrible.

I've been playing both sides evenly recently (not playing as many hours as I used to, so around purple ranks this month on both), and I'm never really that stressed playing survivor. I just don't see tons of close/competitive matches on either side anymore, and that definitely contributes to why people quit the game. Beefing up the cast of killers overall and bonking Spirit with a slight nerf bat would be great with me tbh. I just want a more competitive game and not landslides going either for or against me. Not sure if anyone else has that experience, but just what I observe :)

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

sigh

Legion:

the Legion changes were not made with the intention to nerf the killer. instead, the devs did what they could to get rid of all the annoying aspects the killer once had and therefore make them somewhat fun to go up against. every single change that went into them without this intention was a direct buff.

i do agree though, that i heavily dislike what they did to Deep Wound in general.

Nurse:

still the strongest killer in the game. its a 3 second delay before you can doubleblink again, this is not killing her. it only punishes you for not being able to hit a survivor after 2 blinks and allows for some sort of possible counterplay if that is the case. good nurse players will be literally unaffected by this change.

Spirit:

what spirit nerf are you talking about? the last thing i heard from the devs is that they do not have the intention to look into her at the moment and that they are currently looking into doc - though nothing is confirmed yet on what they want to change.

Pig:

still very much playable. the traps are still very effective during the trial, yet they had to do something about the EGC. if a pig trapped you during EGC with the old traps, that would literally mean game over for you and would make her way too strong, especially combined with endgame perks like NOED.

she also just received two very nice buffs regarding her crouch mode and her ambush attack. in case you missed them: while in crouch mode you now have the undetectable status effect, which makes you immune to any sort of aura reading and the ambush no longer counts as a normal hit, allowing you to keep your STBFL stacks.

and on top of that, there have also been some survivor nerfs at the same time, like the EGC itself or the removal of insta heals.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

His slow down build does the thing killers want. Slows gens down a lot

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

It's not a one way street as people on both sides cry for nerfs constantly and it's mainly due to something they dislike or affected them in game.

The thing is people only tend to see the nerf posts which affect the side they play and if it's for the other it's more of a QOL change.

That is as much as an issue as the nerf posts themselves as it's not about what's best for the overall game but what is best for their individual experience.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

"Pig.. i dont know what people have with her, i get 3-4K with her on red ranks frequently. She is pretty solid in my opinion."

Unreliable ambush and inconsistent traps.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

80% Survival Rate is due to a poor statistic. It takes the Rank after the game, not before the game. So if you derank and die, you are not counted towards the Rank 1-statistic.

• Fickta
    Fickta Member Posts: 41

Hag and Plague main and does anyone actually read patch notes? Killers get constant fixes and I’m happy about that but last I checked I’m getting 4K easy w Hag, Piggy, and Plague. Also literally just started Nurse and though I’m inexperienced w here and didn’t play her until after the rework I was able to get 3k each time... this just seems excessively whiny

• Entity_Burger
    Entity_Burger Member Posts: 126

Lol, then you're blind.

I see at least 1 post a day whining that camping and tunneling need harsh punishments because Killer's should be happy with a 2k.

I've seen Survivor mains who will DEMAND Killers give them a hatch because '3k is enough'.

I've seen Survivors who think they should be immune to being hit after an unhooking.

Survivor mains totally believe they should always escape, Killers should ONLY get a 2k, and THEY should never die.

One even said, and I quote 'A 4K should be next to impossible. A 3k should take massive skill.'

So don't sit here and pretend Survivors don't expect completely unbalanced changes, because they ask for them every day.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I think your definition of unplayable is a bit out there compared to most

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Let's see.

Killers complained about exhaustion perks. Nerfed.

Killers complained about Self Care. Nerfed.

Killers complained about Insta Heals. Nerfed.

They complained about infinite loops. Nerfed.

Need I go on? Both sides have complained about things. You act like all the devs do is comb the forums for things to nerf. As for the killer nerfs.

Legion was the most annoying killer they ever invented. There was no counter play and desperately needed a change. Granted they pushed too far.

Freddy's nerf made no sense. His rework has been great. Anyone who complains now can't be taken seriously. His slow down potential can be rough. But it's not that bad.

Nurse is still viable. If you think otherwise, you're kidding yourself.

Pig was hurt a little. But is hardly unplayable. Though like many of the low and mid tier killers, she does need a buff.

Spirit is in the hot seat now. I would argue she needs some minor tweaks. By which I mean a few addon adjustments.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

Buff weak killers, rework busted maps. Problem solved. Maybe.

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

Most, if not all of the nerfs were needed on both sides IMO. Questionable execution on a few albeit.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

Unpopular opinion here but I actually had fun with and vs old Legion. Now the experience is ehh with the changes he's no real threat.

• CrispyChestnuts
    CrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175

What do you in particular mean when you say "win"? Like you win as killer if you get more bp than 3 other people right? Or do you have some other objective like you win as killer if you survive the match?

Killer is the winner, they live forever doing what they love, killing.

• HamdaN
    HamdaN Member Posts: 343

forever freddy is plain silly... and the ability to just spam snares with no downside is also silly. hes not nurse level but over all way too tedius

• HamdaN

what they did to MoM is inexcusable. they gutted a paid dlc knowing perfectly well what they made and what was intended. god forbid a killer dlc/perk gets that treatment because killers ######### about everything

• HamdaN

because camping has 0 counterplay for the person on the hook. the game was made for u to die in 3 hooks not 1 because a snotty ass kid is triggered at looping. its bad game design

• Entity_Burger

It's almost like, when you put a player into a game, you can't control every outcome. Huh.

It's not cheating. And, I mean, do you log into an FPS and demand the devs remove spawn camping? Scream at people not to play sniper classes, because those can oneshot & prevent newer players from playing?

No, judging by your post, you probably ran any infinites when they existed and gave a smug 'U mad I can loop?' reply.

Camping defeats itself. it does not need an anti-camp measure. It does not need the devs to throw in some half-baked punishment just because a Survivor is triggered that he died first. THAT would be bad game design.

How does camping punish itself?

Well, it takes 2 minutes to die on the hook, if you don't kobe and you do struggle in second phase.. That's 120 seconds.

Doing a gen takes, at maximum (no toolboxes, no Great skillchecks hit, no skillchecks missed, no teaming up) 1 minute & 20 seconds. Or 80 seconds.

If every survivor does their own generator, that's 3/5 generators done with 40 seconds to spare. All to secure 1 kill.

And that's not adding in: finding a Survivor. Chasing a Survivor, hitting the Survivor, chasing the Survivor some more, hitting them again, picking them up, & carrying them to a hook.

In reality, camping 1 Survivor, from start to finish, is roughly 3 minutes, 20 seconds. Or 200 seconds.

That's MORE than enough time to do all 5 generators, since, with 2 left, you will probably group up a bit to do them faster.

So no, camping does not need some half baked, BS punishment made by a triggered Survivor who died first. You don't a get out of jail free card because you're not mature enough to handle a loss. And you certainly don't deserve it just because you are unskilled enough to be hooked first.

That's the real reasoning behind every 'Reee! Punish camping!' thread; it's someone who wants to second chance because THEY died first and that's 'unfair' in their head.

• harry14141414
    harry14141414 Member Posts: 356

nurse was a viable killer .. LOL

most of them had 3 blinks ruin pop.. so much skill was required LUL

• SpookyJeff

Even if you throw out actual rank 1 as an outlier the chart is still in the 70s for rank 2 and 3, and that's considering with this information you know rank 2 survival stats are tanked a bit from all the deranking 1s counting against it. The numbers still stand because the trend is established by every other legit datapoint leading up to it. Also, if this were a significant enough portion of the sample size to really affect the numbers, you'd see a dip in survival rates from rank 3 to 2, then a sharp rise going to 1.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

I mean technically I can play them. I mean there isn’t a pop up that appears saying I can’t play the killer. So all of the killers you said that are unplayable are still playable 👌

• SpookyJeff

I have my win condition as a PiP as killer because that's how the game defines a win, loss, or tie. Survivor is different for me because I'm very dissatisfied with a lot of matches I play where it gives me a point, so I disagree with the game sometimes on that. Bloodpoints mean nothing because you can definitely dePiP while getting more points than all the survivors.

But my whole point was regardless of the win condition I'm more looking for close matches than to just dominate every game to feed my ego. I want to have fun, and it's no fun when you either face meta SWF with comms that ruin your day or total random potatoes that might as well be throwing/farming. I want more opponents in between those two extremes, and the same goes for my survivor matches.

• HamdaN

seems like you ignored what i said to write some novella everyones heard 10000000 times.

FOR THE PERSON ON THE HOOK, THERE IS NO COUNTERPLAY.

• Entity_Burger

Oh, I read it. You seemed to miss the point of my novella.

There will always be someone dying first. This is NOT the Killer's fault. The Killer should in no way be punished because someone had to die first.

And that person should in no way get a free unhooking or second chance just because they were the worst out of 4 players on their team.

Again; people whining for some sort of 'punishment' or 'counterplay' don't want it for balance. They want it because they, personally, want a second chance for no reason except that they find it unfair to die first.

But guess what? SOMEONE HAS TO DIE FIRST AND THE KILLER SHOULD NOT BE PUNISHED FOR THIS SIMPLE FACT.

So either man up and accept it when it happens to you, or stop playing a PvP game.