Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Legion Rework by DBD Coach---Thoughts?

HatCreature
HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

So I haven't seen anyone post or talk about this video but I think this is the way to go. In case you don't want to watch the video here is a breakdown.

Feral Frenzy is 5.4 m/s(same as Wraith) and lasts 6 seconds. Hitting a Survivor will injure them or down them if they are already injured, hitting a Survivor will turn off FF with No Stun, you just wipe your weapon. FF will end if you Vault and will NOT Stun you, if you MISS a FF attack you WILL get a Stun of 4 seconds. There is no Deep Wounds and no Killer Instinct. You cannot see Scratch Marks or Blood in FF, this means you can use Nurse tactics and break line of sight to juke his ability. FF takes 18 seconds to recharge so you cannot use it to injure someone and then immediately use it again to down them.

Basically this turns Legion from a bleeding pinball Killer into a raging teenager with a dash attack. This is Speed Limiter Billy with no map pressure, this dude will Vault a pallet like a Survivor then smack you upside the head. Also FF is not a Basic attack so even if he has NOED then his FF will not down you unless you are ALREADY INJURED.

I love Legion and when they were first released I knew I found the one, Susie is bae <3 I felt the thrill of the kill with these adrenaline junkies. After their 100% necessary changes they were given way too much medication and they are handicapped. When I watched this rework video I felt that love again, I felt that thrill in my chest and knew that my grinning buddies were ready to run again; albeit not very far but at least they're ready.

Someone on the design team needs to see this video and ask if this is the way to go. Is this what will make Legion a threat again? Will this be balanced and fair for all parties? @Peanits I beg you please, show this to the team so they can at least know this exists. If they know this exists they can ask themselves questions and open their minds to other possibilities to fix Legion rather than just fix his add-ons.

Post edited by HatCreature on

Comments

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

It would make for a pretty dull killer, all it is is a huge dash attack every 18 seconds.

It would also be basically just a guaranteed hit/down every single time you leave a jungle gym or map feature and have to get to the next one, there's not really much counterplay to that.

• Maníaco_da_garrafa
    Maníaco_da_garrafa Member Posts: 144
    edited November 2019

Tbh i prefer legion as a information killer.

Also, on second thought, the vault cancel without stun would simply be a cheesy way to get easy hits

(wait for them to vault > follow through > hit > repeat in 18 secs or hit either way if they don't vault) no mindgame.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited November 2019

Thats a really nice change honestly, I was old Legion main before the destruction and lost all my hopes on this killer, even if I still love Susie <3 but this is a really nice change and I think that would make Legion as a atleast B tier Killer again! I really hope the devs are gonna read this.

*Edit: Even though I will miss the 6.4 M/s FF, it was a nice feeling running so fast.

• HatCreature

Well as far as counterplay goes, if you're out in the open with any Killer you go down regardless. This Legion would Vault a pallet and then keep chasing you, if you vault the pallet again he has to break it or mind game it.

As far as dull, everyone has different tastes. Maybe I like it because the power is an actual threat but maybe if it was live I would get bored, I don't know. I just like the idea that his power is lethal and actually helps in a chase for once. If I chase someone to a window I can vault the window as normal and then use my FF to get a hit, depending on how the chase goes I shouldn't need to use my power to down them but if I do it's there. This can be countered with walls since he can't see scratch marks, Dead Hard would work too if you're paying attention.

• HatCreature

That's fair, I personally don't really use the informational aspect of his power, not saying I don't use it but I don't value it as much as I do chaining the hit itself. If I can't chain it then there was no point in using it.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

There's a difference between "caught in the open" and needing to move between points on the map during a chase.

A chase nearly never only exists within 1 jungle gym on the map, and it's not "you go down regardless" when you move to the next point. A killer that could launch a massive sprint and hit between those features, removing any chance to get to the next point would just feel cheap to me. It's basically Spirit except you can see each other.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

Legion should get a big buff soon, but I don't really like any of these ideas. He already lost his feeling but this would destroy it completely imo.

There are already a lot of really good ideas from the community in this forum, which I think would suit this killer better. Like giving him the old vaulting speed and old frenzy speed back. Increase the duration a bit. You cant down anyone in frenzy after all, so it would be good for map pressure at least. Don't make missed hits end frenzy or at least not result in a 4 seconds stun (maybe just end the power so the killer has to wait until it is up again and ready for use). Remove the blackness from the stun, it is already 4 seconds (which I think is way too long), no need to make the screen dark during that time. Make scratchmarks immediately visible again after canceling frenzy. It should be possible to see blood during FF, I think it does not make any sense at all that you can't see blood, it doesn't fit the killer at all in my opinion.

Old Legion but without moonwalk exploit would be nice. At least I was always ok with old Legion, never had a problem with him as survivor. But I guess I'm alone with this opinion.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,176

I like the idea. I hope one day legion becomes viable killer instead of his mediocre self.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

The issue I see with this is the vaulting. No stun means you can just walk around and use the power when a survivor vaults something for a free hit negating what survivors have to help counter being hit.

Legions power of being able to vault and down was an issue in the past as it didn't provide much counterplay this is the same scenario a free hit for using his power. It's why they changed it to be a time waster rather than a way to down people.

While Nurse can also negate windows and pallets she doesn't use the same movements of survivors like Legion and has to predict them and a survivor can then chose not to vault or try to mind game.

• HatCreature

That's a far point, Spirit can mind game pallets but neither side can see the other and that's a built in way for both parties to mind game. Nurse can avoid pallets altogether but like you said they're still useful.

What if, Legion couldn't Vault Pallets? IDK if you watched the video but at the end he goes over add-ons and the Iridescent Button stays the same but what if the add-on also allowed you to vault the pallet as well as break it. So no Button no Vaulting over Pallets.

This would of course limit Legion's ability but since the ability itself is changed to be lethal instead of a slowdown that's ok, Survivors need counters and we want to avoid OG Legion.

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428
    edited November 2019

Honestly seems good, as a balance factor if it's too good maybe make it so he doesn't go that fast immediately, kinda like how bubba has acceleration, like the first 2 seconds of the frenzy he is gaining speed with the last 4 being at top speed. Honestly he really need this kind of change, with how he is now even an addon buff wouldn't make him good, he has 0 power in chase atm and you will feel it against good players. There is counterplay to this power, treat it like a Nurse and use cover to trick him since he has no tools to find people other than line of sight, his power is short, and if he misses one hit his power is done. Btw in the video he does say Legion would turn back into a 110% killer with this power for anyone who didn't see it which makes a world of difference because this power with a 115% killer would be broken.

Post edited by RIP_Legion on
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

I honestly feel like that wouldn't be it for a number of reasons. To be honest I feel all Legion needs is faster Feral Frenzy without also taking away duration, allow for a maximum of three hits to miss before ending power (25% less meter per swing while in Feral Frenzy), and faster base vault speeds. Possibly shorter fatigue/buff the cooldown add ons.

It's either all that or rework Legion so they have a power that actually uses a group mechanic. Seriously, wasted potential all around.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

It would make legion a standard m1 killer and not very unique if they removed vaulting. There is the add-on atm where you can vault and break pallets.

It's a very hard one to balance due to the design. The problem right now seems to be primarily the time of deep wounds as it doesn't really waste much time but on the flip side increasing it also just makes it an annoying mechanic since the first hit is easy to get.

The mistake was making a killer who basically does the same as a survivor and expecting it to be fun to verse. Legion is like a clone of survivors in reality.

I think the biggest wasted opportunity was the multiple character design of Legion just being skins. Imagine being able to change who they are within the game itself and each had a slightly different power.