Cover All Totems in Piles of Debris

And add other empty piles around the map too!

Thats the general idea (and not mine, so credit goes to the originator, whoever that was.)

Imagine 15-20 piles of leaves/gravel/garbage scattered around the map. Each one takes just 3 seconds to clear. 5 of them have totems buried inside.

Is there a totem beneath it? Is it empty? Is it the hex?

This removes the “luck factor” of finding hexes too early, but doesn’t put any huge time delay on survivors. It’s just seeing if they’re too lazy to check a nearby pile or not.

Finally, Small Game should proc for piles, not totems (but this part is open to debate, as I’m not fishing for nerfs here.)

Comments

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Wouldnt this be the exact same thing as before but with 3 second more of time?

and the rng is still there.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

Crotus Prenn Asylum the one without the carnival seems empty. They need to add more things to it and there is a totem in there that literally shouts "F U LOL" to the killer

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Well, the key difference is that there would be no glowing flame until you uncover it. There will also be decoy piles that are empty. It's similar to current because we don't need to change a whole lot. A minor fix like this could work wonders.

Multiple piles may go unexplored just because people don't want to walk to them. Likewise, if there's a hex out, clearing a pile doesn't hurt you too much in time, but still makes you worry you're going to the wrong one.

• Neigeflocon
    Neigeflocon Member Posts: 13

This could be an interesting mechanic. In fact it could also be used with thrill of the hunt, alerting the killer when their hex totem has been uncovered, instead of every single time someone dares lay a finger on them.

• yobuddd

That could be a more sensible approach and less annoying as well!

I also think this could open up a far greater area for totem spawns in general. Since debris piles can be found anywhere, totems could still be somewhat safe spawning in the middle of a busy pathway. (Yes, I know sometimes they’re out in the open anyway, but this could be a benefit since people won’t just check the “common” locations all the time).

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621

I'm open too it, as long as we then reduce actual cleanse time. 3 seconds can mean a lot, so we should compensate. also give 100-200 BP each, so decoys aren't a waste.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

This sounds like a great idea. It would make the game a little bit slower, deincentivizing killers using Ruin.

• yobuddd

You know, depending on the value, these piles could be a great way for new players to earn more points in Boldness. Chases don’t usually end well for them. These piles, plus the totems, could rack up scores pretty quickly!

Agreed! It could also make Devour Hope and Third Seal more viable. Currently there’s a huge risk to using these since they’ll usually become a wasted perk slot before you get any use from them.

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843

I'd much rather have the ability to select which totem I want a curse to apply to at the start of a match.

I'd much rather choose set-up time to get a hex perk going than to rely entirely on an RNG system. At least then there's some sense of justice if I place it badly, rather than it being of no fault of my own.

We have the ability to target spots across the map, The Nightmare can do that. So why not grant us the ability to see ALL totems at the start, have our hex perks highlighted, and grant us the ability to spawn a curse at one of the totems highlighted? Seems alright to me. Set up time balances out the greater choice and freedom we have for it.