I see a lot of Mori complaints.

As a killer player, I see a lot of Mori complaints... when I don't think they're justified when compared to Keys. Sure, Medkits got nerfed, BNP got nerfed, survivor as a whole got nerfed... but they still control the flow of the match.

Therefore, I believe a compromise to be in order: Not a nerf to the mori itself (since players use it differently), but to how it can be used. I propose a timer, say, 80 seconds after hooking a survivor the first time. That way, a killer can't just tunnel and delete a survivor immediately, but still have the option of how to use their mori.

I think this would be balanced since some survivors might avoid being hooked until the end of the game, and it'd be cheap for them to have played stealthily and yet still be tunneled for it.

Just my thoughts on this. I would like to hear others.

Comments

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

It would be better, but Im not big on the idea of more timers. Simple, I would make it only after the killer has hooked all survivors once...they can then start to mori. This incentivizes them to switch targets and to get all their hooks first and people don’t feel cheated. As a compromise, I would no longer show the secret offering. This would make it so the last remaining survivor to be hooked has no idea the killer is unlocking the ability to mori by hooking them. No offering does present a small clue that it could possibly be in play....but that’s nothing like now though and would be fair. If a survivor chooses to go super stealth and hides all game to avoid getting hooked , well that means they are doing nothing to help their team so who cares. That’s a win for the killer either way. Of course the 4th survivor to be hooked may just be tunneled and moried, but by that point everyone was able to play the game so I doubt there would be much anger over that.

It is still strong, survivors aren’t cheated with a quick death, and the killer has to earn it with a very reasonable requirement. A DC can also count as a hook for the mori. Goes without saying that keys would be nerfed also.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

Easy fix: remove moris outside of devour hope. Remove keys. Two things in the game that inspire sweat on both sides and ends games earlier then they already do.

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453

Removing them and only being able to mori with 2 perks total isn’t the answer we are looking for.

What offerings would you create to mask the deleted modi’s?

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

Nothing, delete them both and move on. It might not be the answer you are looking for, I’m not sure who “we” is

• Neigeflocon
    Neigeflocon Member Posts: 13

Moris are a classic addition to the game. They are uncommon enough and are fine as is. It's essentially fighting overpowered with overpowered.

Tweaking (possibly nerfing) moris shouldn't be a priority at all right now. They are iconic. Not to mention the original idea has a big potential to turn into a slugfest AND give the final survivor the ace move just like a decisive strike endgame collapse. Moris are meant to be the be-all-end-all of you for the match, one needs to take the end of that punishment sadly.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

So you're in favor of just removing them because they are "unfair"? I think both keys and Moris have a place in DBD, but they just need tweaks.

• Raven014

I'm actually in agreement with you. But survivors are crying for them to be outright nerfed, and after seeing what they did to Nurse... I'm just suggesting a comprimise so they don't gut them either.

• Raven014

That actually sounds better than a timer. It would also be fair as well.

• Ebisek
    Ebisek Member Posts: 106

Biggest problem is... There is no ultra rare game breaking offering for survivals. Same situation with addons.

And only one ultra rare addon (light bulbs and brand new parts are scrap, not ultra rare) has been removed - insta heals. BTW. Instaheal should no longer to be a "ultra rare" thing. Maybe "uncommon".

Why the survivals have only trash offerings and not something like a "mori"?

• Raven014

Well, the syringe heals you one full health state over a short period of time. I'd say that's very useful and deserving it' ultra rare status.

I agree that the veils are useless... but the point of the game is that survivors don't get a free escape. An offering to be the opposite of Moris would be very strong.

• Ebisek
    Ebisek Member Posts: 106

Only one state, you need to wait 16 seconds without hit and only one use.

Yes it is useful if you are freshly unhooked and need to pop nearby gen. You can repairing a gen and in meantime be healed. But useful is not ultra rare. Compare it with killers red addons like "silent spirit" or "insta hatchets" or with mori. One hook and bye bye entity.

• Raven014

Well, it's still a free health state. It just takes skill to use.

Everything can be useful, it's just how you use it. Using a syringe means it ignores perks that slow down healing, it also means you don't have to hold down M1 to heal... it's insanely good even still. Even if it's effect isn't as pronounced as the old syringe.

Silent spirit is a purple addon (Prayer Beads), not red.

Instadown hatchets are balanced because:

1. You have to hit the hatchet (which have major hitbox problems).
    2. Be limited to less hatchets (1 at default, 3 with addons).
    3. You must Reload more often.

It's more effective just to use Oak haft and green handkerchief addons in the long run.

That's why I offered a time limit, or (as I've seen suggested) everyone must be hooked first. This means a stealth player can keep their team from being morid.