Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Unpopular Opinions

Nanis
Nanis Member Posts: 61

List your "unpopular opinions!"

1) Removing pallet vacuum = Great
Removing pallets entirely=Horrible
Removing an appropiate amount = Fantastic

2)Removing hatch stand off =Great
Removing last survivor ability to ever get out = Horrible

(I think there are plenty of compromises that I've seen posted that still make it in the Killer's favor without removing ALL hope for the survivors)

PS: And for those who say, "It's called Dead by daylight, NOT Survive by daylight" Please stop taking the title of the game so literal. Killers are supposed to Kill and Survivors are supposed to Survive. If you want a heavily based killer game where you're OP there are other games out there Such as Friday the 13th.
Survivors are supposed to have fun just as Killers are. Unbalancing a game in favor of Killers just cause it's called "Dead" by daylight is not ideal and you won't have any survivors left to kill. (Remember all these are my opinions only :blush: )

PSS: I don't want to start riots I just want to have civilized posts so people can just talk about things. No need to fight since everyone doesn't view everything the same :chuffed:

Comments

• Tru
    Tru Member Posts: 5

Well that didn't take long... basically calling for killer nerfs already.. Must be a survivor main who thinks their already easy job wont be as easy anymore.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Mine:
    - I hate using Whispers.
    - I prefer Pharmacy over finding someone else and Self Care.
    - The Clown's bottle recharge time is fine.
    - Lullaby is not useless (except for the notification and instant cleanses)
  • Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188

Until rank 5-3 Killers are OP as heck. KillAr mAinz refuse to acknowledge that because their bias keep spamming the same thing as a dangerous meme.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Caretaker said:

A lot of people are blinded/jaded and it's just making the game more and more toxic due to the plethora of balance issues and band-aid fixes. People have become so complacent that minor changes are seen as game breaking. There is a stronger side, I don't have to say which. This hasn't changed for a year + now and it's causing the other side to play even more toxic, and lose all variety which is sad. I love this game and really want it to succeed.

I also want a fair and balanced game where if I lose it was my fault for playing poorly, and not some broken mechanic, or second chance given to a survivor. Not all killers want survivors to just run in a straight line and die, but I wanna actually have some fun instead of play Nascar.

Finally, stealth is fun, and it needs to be rewarded a lot more. Even if it frustrates and bores me it's nothing compared to just munching 30 pallets in a row. Even after I swapped to a new target.

The nascar bit was too perfect 😂
  • Caretaker
    Caretaker Member Posts: 764

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

A lot of people are blinded/jaded and it's just making the game more and more toxic due to the plethora of balance issues and band-aid fixes. People have become so complacent that minor changes are seen as game breaking. There is a stronger side, I don't have to say which. This hasn't changed for a year + now and it's causing the other side to play even more toxic, and lose all variety which is sad. I love this game and really want it to succeed.

I also want a fair and balanced game where if I lose it was my fault for playing poorly, and not some broken mechanic, or second chance given to a survivor. Not all killers want survivors to just run in a straight line and die, but I wanna actually have some fun instead of play Nascar.

Finally, stealth is fun, and it needs to be rewarded a lot more. Even if it frustrates and bores me it's nothing compared to just munching 30 pallets in a row. Even after I swapped to a new target.

The nascar bit was too perfect 😂

bows

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

i'm a rank 8 to 14 killer and its work for me. but i'm perfectly comfortable saying thats its probably more due to my skill (or lack there of) and less about survivors being OP....

• Nanis
    Nanis Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2018

@ZombieGenesis said:
    My unpopular opinion: If a killer DCs because he's getting destroyed by a toxic SWF group...that's fine. Hopefully he finds it out early enough in the game that the SWF group gets nothing out of it. I find very little as frustrating when I play killer than watching as a SWF group does choreographed acrobatics around me.

It's honestly a bit surprising how much I read on threads, the amount of hate towards SWF. Personally for me, the most coordination I've had is like taking a map and a key, and obviously talking about unhooking etc. Most of the time my friends and I do our own things, and we "rage" and laugh at each other for getting caught more than trolling or being toxic toward the killer.

I think maybe adding a solo/duo vs "squad" (3-4) mode could help? and giving killers an advantage on squad mode.

Not sure entirely!

EDIT: maybe requiring an additional gen to be done. Granting an additional perk to the killer could be an idea too, but that would have to be conditional...but that would be hard (EG allowing a maybe Rare (green) and below?)

• Milloni161
    Milloni161 Member Posts: 34

@Nanis said:
    List your "unpopular opinions!"

1) Removing pallet vacuum = Great
    Removing pallets entirely=Horrible
    Removing an appropiate amount = Fantastic

2)Removing hatch stand off =Great
    Removing last survivor ability to ever get out = Horrible

(I think there are plenty of compromises that I've seen posted that still make it in the Killer's favor without removing ALL hope for the survivors)

PS: And for those who say, "It's called Dead by daylight, NOT Survive by daylight" Please stop taking the title of the game so literal. Killers are supposed to Kill and Survivors are supposed to Survive. If you want a heavily based killer game where you're OP there are other games out there Such as Friday the 13th.
    Survivors are supposed to have fun just as Killers are. Unbalancing a game in favor of Killers just cause it's called "Dead" by daylight is not ideal and you won't have any survivors left to kill. (Remember all these are my opinions only :blush: )

PSS: I don't want to start riots I just want to have civilized posts so people can just talk about things. No need to fight since everyone doesn't view everything the same :chuffed:

I think they need to let the survivor see the aura of the hatch when its closed.

• Saint_Judas
    Saint_Judas Member Posts: 43

Freddy is underappreciated, Lunge Simulator 2k18 will live on forever

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,198

My unpopular opinion is that if you played this game for more than 500 hours, this game isn't for you any more UNLESS you play it strictly for fun and memes.

• kimukipi
    kimukipi Member Posts: 137

@Nanis said:

@ZombieGenesis said:
    My unpopular opinion: If a killer DCs because he's getting destroyed by a toxic SWF group...that's fine. Hopefully he finds it out early enough in the game that the SWF group gets nothing out of it. I find very little as frustrating when I play killer than watching as a SWF group does choreographed acrobatics around me.

It's honestly a bit surprising how much I read on threads, the amount of hate towards SWF. Personally for me, the most coordination I've had is like taking a map and a key, and obviously talking about unhooking etc. Most of the time my friends and I do our own things, and we "rage" and laugh at each other for getting caught more than trolling or being toxic toward the killer.

Actually I have played against both kinds of SWF i.e. the "vanilla, non toxic, just having fun with friends" kind and the "flashlight clicking, t-bagging, body blocking, post-game salt" kind where I find the latter to be more prevalent. Hence its no surprise the amount of hate SWF gets from killers. Also you need to understand, killers with just some 50-100 hrs wouldn't even have meta perk load outs while they face against these "3 DS, 2 BT, 4 FL" squads. Its just broken, plain and simple. A proper solution would be not to remove SWF or adding additional perk slots to killers, but to balance the game in general. To mention a few,

1. Reduce the number of pallets in certain maps (autohaven, macmillan). Also, two loop spots shouldn't spawn really close to each other. Pallets should serve as a last resort in a chase for survivors and not a pallet breaking simulator for the killers. To compensate, can have more LOS blockers which can help survivors to juke more and play mind games.
    2. Body blocking by survivors against killers is laughable. I don't understand why its still possible.
    3. BT should have a cooldown. It punishes non campers pretty hard especially when the exits are open.
    4. Not a surprise but DS needs a complete rework. Either make it usable only by the obsession or make it an ultra rare item. DS as a perk is simply too powerful. Speaking of which, I'm not a fan of the currently suggested changes to DS. It would still be broken and abused by all 4 once the exit is powered.

As of the post's unpopular opinion, I don't think freddy needs a buff. That would make him even more irritable to play against, especially in low ranks. What he needs is a rework.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    edited May 2018

Oh so your argument is that balancing to where the Killers should be is a bad idea and yet balancing to compensate for rank 20 survs is fine? In other words WE have to suffer for your enjoyment? I hate hypocrites like you.

Post edited by CallMeRusty420 on
  • CallMeRusty420

This person right here is smart^

• CallMeRusty420

@ThePloopz said:
    My unpopular opinion is that a lot of people don’t actually want the game to be balanced and they want their side to be the stronger side. Some killer players want their turn to be op and some survivors players want the survivors to stay the stronger side.

That is very true. But I am a Killer that actually wants balance. I hate the survivors that wants their side to stay the way it is. ######### them. Nothing but Ochiduh wannabes anyways.

• ObscuredbyFog
    ObscuredbyFog Member Posts: 94

My unpopular opinion is that

@ThePloopz said:
    My unpopular opinion is that a lot of people don’t actually want the game to be balanced and they want their side to be the stronger side. Some killer players want their turn to be op and some survivors players want the survivors to stay the stronger side.

I'm a survivor main, and I wish some killers were stronger. To me its the point of the whole game. If you get out alive you won. If you Rank up you did well. If you literally spent your entire time looping and tea-bagging the Killer, and he gets you.. well that's on you. Same for the locker hiding Dwights XD

• Caretaker
    edited May 2018

Gonna drop the hot take here, Sprint Burst is arguably more powerful than DS and allows far more mistakes/escapes. As does the mini-sprint burst after hitting a survivor. I've watched survivors clear the map in the time it took me to catch them, hit them, and watch them sprint off from the hit. If gates are open it's pretty much a free win. Ever seen a Sprint Burst + Hit Burst? They get double speed. That's right, it stacks.

I'm there wiping and they're already shooting off at ludicrous speed.

• YankeeSan
    YankeeSan Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2018
    1. Punishing survivors for "unsafe rescues" is stupid
    2. Leatherface is bad and camping needs to be punished more
    3. Lery's Memorial is a great map, yall are just cowards

I'm a survivor who wants to be killed either because A) the killer was better than me, or B ) I did some dumb stuff and deserved it or C) I tbagged a killer a little too hard. I don't want to die from a killer face-camping my hook, or from my team stranding me by way of DC. And WHY WONT YOU LET ME BURN GLASSES YOU PEONS

• Saint_Judas

My unpopular opinion is a lot of the changes people love talking about are mostly whining and that really most things just need minor tweaks (minor nerf to overly meta perks) beyond maybe some buffs to the lower tier killers (freddy, hag, wraith) and that mostly both sides are whining about what the other does without actually figuring out how to play around it in game instead of demanding game changes to satisfy them.

• ThePloopz
    Caretaker said:

Gonna drop the hot take here, Sprint Burst is arguably more powerful than DS and allows far more mistakes/escapes. As does the mini-sprint burst after hitting a survivor. I've watched survivors clear the map in the time it took me to catch them, hit them, and watch them sprint off from the hit. If gates are open it's pretty much a free win. Ever seen a Sprint Burst + Hit Burst? They get double speed. That's right, it stacks.

Oh easily lol it makes every gen a safe gen. Hell there could be a gen in the basement and with sprint burst it’s possible get out without being hit
  • Caretaker
    edited May 2018

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

Oh easily lol it makes every gen a safe gen. Hell there could be a gen in the basement and with sprint burst it’s possible get out without being hit

Oh yea. Drop in a cheeky 360 and boom. Easy distance bois. I gotta admit I kinda like when they do. Free hit for me. Unless I randomly nail debris. It was really iffy on the PTB. Another hot take, Adrenaline is stupidly annoying with how fast/easily gens get done.

DISCLAIMER: PERSONAL OPINION DON'T BOOLI ME

• Saint_Judas

@Techn0 said:

@YankeeSan said:
    3. Lery's Memorial is a great map, yall are just cowards

YES. I AGREE. IT'S SUCH A FUN MAP FOR KILLERS (except billy and nurse.)

Okay, admission, Lerys is my most hated map
    But I'll admit its not as bad as it looks, the hardest part is findings gens, the chases are actually quite interesting, though I will say most pallets are.... not very useful in lerys. But the vaults! Ahhh vault haven. Makes me wish I ran lithe, maybe quick and quiet....

Another unpopular opinion. The Game is a good map. Its small, yes, but everyone constantly complains its a maze when actually its a very easy map to figure out, and has a lot of predictable rooms. Not to mention giant ass doors that tell you where the generators are, and several fixed locations for pallets, the basement, and gens. Not to mention if you run balanced landing....

• ThePloopz
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

Oh yea. Drop in a cheeky 360 and boom. Easy distance bois. I gotta admit I kinda like when they do. Free hit for me. Unless I randomly nail debris. It was really iffy on the PTB. Another hot take, Adrenaline is stupidly annoying with how fast/easily gens get done.

I always thought adrenaline was really funny especially if they were looping because as soon as that last gen pops they’re like” well my job’s done here, bye have a great time✌️” and sprints off into the distance. I usually lose them because I always start laughing at it.
  • Caretaker

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

I always thought adrenaline was really funny especially if they were looping because as soon as that last gen pops they’re like” well my job’s done here, bye have a great time✌️” and sprints off into the distance. I usually lose them because I always start laughing at it.

Now I'm forever going to hear that one show ending, "Bye! Have a wonderful time!"

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

The Swamp maps are great.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I believe Hex: Devour Hope is an amazing Perk, and that statement includes the heavy Hex downside.

• Caretaker

@Boss said:
    I believe Hex: Devour Hope is an amazing Perk, and that statement includes the heavy Hex downside.

I've been wanting to test it as an alternative to Ruin. Seen as if either blows instantly they both had the same effect. However if DH stays up it's NOED until they break it, possible moris, and they WILL go look for it instead of tapping, or just nailing checks anyway.

It's super fun to snowball with, but that's the downside. Without Ruin you HAVE to snowball.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited May 2018

1. Aura reading ruins the game. Strong aura reading perks act against the horror aspect of the horror game more than SWF does. This includes Killer and Survivor perks.

2. Being injured should incur more penalties. Including running slightly slower/having your dying state bleed out timer decreased in the background.

3. Dying state timer should be less than half of what it is now. Slugging is a boring ass mechanic and people should be scared about sitting there BLEEDING TO DEATH.

• ThePloopz

1. Aura reading ruins the game. Strong aura reading perks act against the horror aspect of the horror game more than SWF does. This includes Killer and Survivor perks.

2. Being injured should incur more penalties. Including running slightly slower/having your dying state bleed out timer decreased in the background.

3. Dying state timer should be less than half of what it is now. Slugging is a boring ass mechanic and people should be scared about sitting there BLEEDING TO DEATH.

That new perk where it highlights pallets and windows should never have been even though of imo it’s SUPER hand holdy.
  • Visionmaker

@ThePloopz said:
    Visionmaker said:

1. Being injured should incur more penalties. Including running slightly slower/having your dying state bleed out timer decreased in the background.

2. Dying state timer should be less than half of what it is now. Slugging is a boring ass mechanic and people should be scared about sitting there BLEEDING TO DEATH.

That new perk where it highlights pallets and windows should never have been even though of imo it’s SUPER hand holdy.

I agree, they should save that for the tutorial mode and KYF.

Same with the full hook highlights. Hooks should naturally stand out more, but completely outlining every single one of them in red is just so unnecessary.

• ThePloopz
    edited May 2018

@ThePloopz said:
    Visionmaker said:

1. Being injured should incur more penalties. Including running slightly slower/having your dying state bleed out timer decreased in the background.

2. Dying state timer should be less than half of what it is now. Slugging is a boring ass mechanic and people should be scared about sitting there BLEEDING TO DEATH.

I agree, they should save that for the tutorial mode and KYF.

Same with the full hook highlights. Hooks should naturally stand out more, but completely outlining every single one of them in red is just so unnecessary.

It depends on how much the hooks stand out because then body blocking would be insanely powerful lol
  • Visionmaker

@ThePloopz said:
    It depends on how much the hooks stand out because then body blocking would be insanely powerful lol

I dunno, like a little bloody and have creepy ambiance like they should already. Instead of fading into the background.

Maybe pulse a bit and look dramatic to the killer instead of showing the full damn outline.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

Unpopular opinion - While she may be the strongest, the Nurse is far from the best killer, esp on console. Too hard too control and blink gets weird to handle. Her handling overrides her strengths.

• Evil_Dwight
    Evil_Dwight Member Posts: 27

My unpopular opinion:
    Survivors sandbagging each other is good and should be encouraged. The Entity wants us to betray each other some of the time.

There are many mechanics in the game that suggest this is true. I even wrote a guide explaining the whole idea a year or two ago and it got some good responses... and plenty bad ones. 8-)

• Visionmaker

@Evil_Dwight said:
    My unpopular opinion:
    Survivors sandbagging each other is good and should be encouraged. The Entity wants us to betray each other some of the time.

There are many mechanics in the game that suggest this is true. I even wrote a guide explaining the whole idea a year or two ago and it got some good responses... and plenty bad ones. 8-)

In response...

Let there be a perk that lets you backstab other survivors. Because if I see a survivor intentionally sandbagging me, I'm saving D-strike for them.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Caretaker said:

@Boss said:

I've been wanting to test it as an alternative to Ruin. Seen as if either blows instantly they both had the same effect. However if DH stays up it's NOED until they break it, possible moris, and they WILL go look for it instead of tapping, or just nailing checks anyway.

It's super fun to snowball with, but that's the downside. Without Ruin you HAVE to snowball.

If you managed to hit someone who was Healthy while having 3 Tokens, it saved you a lot of time already, for you cut down the chase by a potentially large amount of time.
    Being able to kill them is amazing, sure. But the primary reward is being able to 1-hit.
    Even on someone like Hillbilly it's great to have, for main attacks don't require nearly as much as the Chainsaw.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Sounds like another survivor who bought a horror game and wants to turn it into sth else now
    Whats the point of the killer in an assymetrical game if he has no power at all compared to survivors?

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188

If you have no power at all, I have bad news for ya, buddy.