Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why do players Disconnect?

Clocktower6
Clocktower6 Member Posts: 81
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

I get it the game can be very frustrating at times for both sides killer and survivor. But we all play this game together, we all would like to see this game succeed and grow. When players disconnect over and over again newer players see this and some may even think it's okay and just a part of the game, and that's not good for the games health. I really love this game and it means a lot to me. All I ask is before you disconnect think about the impact that is is having on the rest of the trial and the people you are playing with, thank you.

Post edited by Clocktower6 on

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

But what about MY feels?! 🥺

• SaintDenisSlasher
    SaintDenisSlasher Member Posts: 227

I had someone bring a bloody party streamer for the first time when i also brought one during the double BP

He didn't die early or anything, i remember it being a pretty good game, but then he disconnected on his 3rd hook. I asked him why would he do that especially after we both brought streamers and he said he didn't care about BP and just got mad easily. He wasn't an ######### or anything he even apologized

Last night i had 3 back to back disconnects with a really toxic kate who was Tbagging me. She didn't like it when i T bagged back and disconnected on her 3rd down. After that people just disconnected in succession as they went down which happens a lot like a domino effect

I think people just easily get tilted as survivor because you can either get really use to winning or really tired of losing

• Clocktower6

I feel you, especially with them disconnecting because of the same few killers.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited November 2019

I was playing as leather face and found a Meg at my ruin at the start of the match. DC. It's really hard not to laugh at some of the disconnects honestly. I tend to go into a match not really tryharding. A DC usually means the rest of us is going to have a really fun time honestly if I'm killer.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

I mean according to Devs it is okay. As long as it isn’t excessive.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

The answer is because they're throwing temper tantrums with, at best, mild punishment and accountability.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

Because there is no punishment

• XxkuroxshiroxX
    XxkuroxshiroxX Member Posts: 76

The worst is when they don't just dc for no reason, but also message the killer that he should play someone else or other salty things or even insult him. I mean, no one should feel pressured to play a certain killer, just because survs want him to. And, no Killer main should feel pressured to play a certain way, that is "okay" for the survivors. I mean, basically everything is considered camping or tunneling and "officially" a reason to dc for them. Damn I'm angry

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited November 2019

There should be a casual and ranked, ranked people won't RQ cause u can get banned quickly and people DC from casual cause it's casual why do you care? This is not a competitive game.

But hey, DBD gotta be quirky and unique and combine ranked and casual players no? Mistakes where made and never fixed.

• XxkuroxshiroxX
    XxkuroxshiroxX Member Posts: 76

That's just ridiculous. Guess that Meg doesn't know what she's been missing

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Hm, i dont dc often, but i admit it already happend a few times.

My last DC was a few weeks ago. I had a game on Swamp, looping the killer for a while and eventually coming to shack. I did great there, vaulted the window 3 times and since i was uninsured and for some reason no gen was done (got chased for 3-4 minutes already), i decided to tank a hit instead of wasting god pallet (i ran around it one more time). I leave shack, killer is cleaning his weapon inside, and then....... suddenly.... a random Survivor pops up and drops shackpallet on the Killer for absolutly no reason. The guy was rank 4.

I am honest here, and i am not proud of dcing, but i would do it again.

• Superstar_Saga95
    Superstar_Saga95 Member Posts: 90
    edited November 2019

There no punishment for anyone that DCs so they have no risk in doing so when the tiniest thing doesn't go their way. Got a bad killer match-up DC, Put on hook 30 seconds into the match DC, no punishment to prevent this. How about a progressive matchmaking cooldowns, from 30 mins, to an hour, and so forth. Not as excessive as CS-GO's matchmaking cooldowns going from a day to a week.

For instance 3 DCs result in a lvl 1 cooldown starting with 30 minutes, any DC after will result in 30 mins. After 3 more DC's it will result in an hour or lvl 2 cooldown, 3 more after that will result in either 3 hours or a day depending on what you guys think. It will reset back to Lvl 0 after lets say 3 days of no disconnects.

• Clocktower6

I appreciate all the feedback guys!

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Most of the time it really isn't any deeper than people simply ragequitting. Thing happens, they're mad about it, they DC.

Personally I think the last time I disconnected was when it was blatantly obvious another survivor with Bond + OoO was helping the killer get everyone killed. Megaminds even had public steam profiles with eachother added as friends, so I'll give them points for being honest about it at least 😄

• sekkima
    sekkima Member Posts: 194

I do it when the killer has an unfair build:

- Hag with TP to any trap + Make a Choice.

- When is a spirit (I hate her and the whole game I'm thinking "She's very good" 😂).

• harry14141414
    harry14141414 Member Posts: 356

survivors rage more than killers .. and you wanna know why??

because with each patch the game becomes more frustrating for survivors

DC'ing was not a norm back in 2017 or early 2018

only after the clown release and the constant non stopping nerfs survivors are getting every single patch

more and more people are DC'ing in their games because playing as solo has become very stupid hard right now

• What if someone on the verge of suicide sees players quitting? That may make them think it's okay to just give up!

Don't be selfish. Think of the impact quitting on others. One is too many.

• Shorknado
    Shorknado Member Posts: 56

Tbh i know i disconnect because i get Very, very angry. Like actually hurt myself angry. Not to mention I do have the mindset of "i paid 30 for this game i will have fun" and if a game isnt fun i really wanna go before it gets worse yknow? But thats a personal issue

Its really not a mature response I know but dcing is an easy way out of a frustrating situation for the most part. Like, getting found first isnt a big deal but getting found first multiple games in a row due to bad luck makes me wanna dc out of PureRage.

But in general i think a lot of dcs are from people who have decided the game isnt goin well and wanna load into another, hopefully better, game asap. That or often people trying to deramk quickly since thats the most effective and quick way.

Dcs are deff not a mature or graceful response, and they should be punished more. I prefer a suicide on hook over a dc any day

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

Because people are human and have emotions.

• TheKingOfAll
    TheKingOfAll Member Posts: 73

If you punish disconnecting, people will just stand still and then kill themselves on the hook. You can never make a person play a game when they don’t want to. It’s very childish to dc, but the only way to stop the disconnecting is fixing the reason for dcing, which sometimes people just dc for no real reason. It’s sad

• Shraar
    Shraar Member Posts: 219
    edited November 2019

Your title is begging the question you know

"Why do survivors DC" would be an honest question, adding "out of rage" proves you already have your answer...

• Clocktower6

I Apologize, I was gonna originally call it that but I just made it players, to not just have the discussion on one side. I’m sorry my question didn’t seem “honest” Im still asking a question that’s been on my mind for awhile.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

I just played with a doctor who played the entire match until we opened the gates, he did well, but he couldn't secure a kill. He decided to rage quit the second we opened a gate.

• TheShrew
    TheShrew Member Posts: 18

Nobody cares about sportsmanship anymore.. especially online, cause "it's just a game, who cares?"

Random story time...When I was a kid in little league, even if you got destroyed, you still shook hands at the end and said gg. One time I said some rude ######### to the other team and my coach told me off for being a sore loser. It might sound stupid, but it taught me to be respectful and dignified even when you lose. And that was "just a game" too.. I carry that mentality with me even on video games, and I get frustrated with people who quit or talk ######### to you when things don't go their way. Like is it that hard to just show a little sportsmanship?

Personally, I put a little bit of blame on certain streamers who would DC all the time (won't name any names, don't wanna break the rules). Don't like the killer you're facing? Quit. About to get mori'd? Quit. Random teammate accidentally screws you over? Quit. And alot of people watching them get the idea that this is totally acceptable. Maybe I'm wrong and people aren't that impressionable, but I think it set a bad example for newer players.

Rage quitting is just being a sore loser...maybe the dbd community needs a little league coach to tell them off lol

• Pwnedcast
    Pwnedcast Member Posts: 8

I think you where good with the first statement. Tunneling and camping have been demonized because players don't have perks that counter it or they don't work as a team ( when i say they don't have a perk I mean equipped). But also, people watch toxic streamers because they ID with their frustrations in game and the lack of knowledge or play style. But ultimately it'e because the game has a set way to earn points. Which is last long accomplish small feats and escape. As to play styles of players who can loop like crazy or does gens. I like to do it all and even then when i do it I still don't get a reward. So in the end, we see players being forced to play a certain way which in turn forces the killer to play a way and since the killer job is to kill they have to do it by all means. As much as you hate camping and tunneling it happens get over it. It's in the game adapt. But as to attitudes it's because bad players who play solo or make solo builds say their the best and when things don't go their way they eventually just get pissed and explain to those out there this is why their ######### and their not. I hope this hits the point better. Just be positive dude and rock and it will get better. Be thankful you weren't around since beta or as I like to call it the dark ages of DBD lol.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

I have a saying that if you Disconnect, you admit you suck. You admit you didn't try and you admit you just want to get an easy win without even trying.

People who disconnect from games like these tend to not be ready for actual hardships in real life. You can't just look away from something frustrating and "unfun" and just cut yourself from it all. That's not how it works.

If your ego is so fragile that you would rather not give the killer the satisfaction of a hook, or give the survivors the satisfaction of an escape, then you shouldn't be playing games with other people.

No one cares about your ego, same way some people say they don't care about other people's fun. But I do, even if they bully the ######### out of me I'll humour them until the exit gates are open. After that I'll afk until the next match.

Just don't disconnect from a game, people. It's a game. Disconnecting is the same as throwing a tamper tantrum because you lost in Monopoly. It's childish, and for a game that is rated Mature, that is saying a lot.

• Lmronby
    Lmronby Member Posts: 339

People that DC are self centered; simply. They only care for their own fun and nothing else. 'Waah, I got found first, screw this, I'm quitting'

Like a 12 year old who lost two baseball games in a row that cries and wants to quit

• jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124

Simple.

Bunch of god damn bitches....that's why.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452

And then killers will just start slugging people. Can't suicide on hook if you're not on a hook. Then you can DC and get punished. That *might* make people start actually playing even if they think that particular match is arbitrarily unfun.

• TangledNoodles
    TangledNoodles Member Posts: 248

Sometimes it's as simple as something came up, could be food, a phone call, friends etc.. I'd rather just dc then go chase the killer to hook me and then suicide on the hook at the end of the day they're going to missing 1 survivor weather I DC or kms.