A spirit nerf is not what people want

Options

Not many people actually want to “nerf” the spirit. There’s a difference between making counterplay possible and nerfing. What a lot of people don’t understand is that a nerf isn’t the best route. There are things that need to be done to make her fun for both sides. Sure it might be fun to play as spirit. But playing against her is literally the worst time you can have in this game since the old legion. There is no counterplay, you are just guessing every 10 seconds or so and hoping you are right. They need to make it so the spirit is just as strong, but while also making counterplay possible. The nurse is still the strongest killer in the game, but I would rather play against 100 nurses in a row instead of 100 spirits. With the nurse you can see what is going on. There is counterplay. With spirit, there is no counterplay. People say “just use iron will”. You should not be forced to use one of like 50 perks to counter one of like 13 killers. They need to balance her. An example that they could do would be to make it so survivors have some general idea of where she is when phasing by literally any consistent means, but make it so that she can use her phase much more frequently. It’s not even a multi-player game when you play as the Survivors are just making random choices and hoping they’re right. They might as well be bots. It’s not good for the game when there is no counterplay. Just fix the spirit. There are so many ways she can track survivors and absolutely no ways survivors can figure out where she is when shifting.

Comments

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
    Options
  • TheKingOfAll
    TheKingOfAll Member Posts: 73
    Options

People did actually want a nerf to the nurse, and it really wasn’t that significant of one. They just fixed omega blink and 4 blink nerf. Most people thought it was unfair, so they fixed it. It’s what the devs are supposed to do

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options
  • ThatMetal1
    ThatMetal1 Member Posts: 28
    Options

I know its a bit of a meme to nerf everything good but...at least give the spirit a vault animation and some visual cue of phasing.

• Only2Megabytes
    Only2Megabytes Member Posts: 37
    Options

If they nerf Legion again, the problems will go away

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    Options

You cant make Spirit counterable without nerfing her. If by some miracle they can successfully change her to make counterplay possible but keep her at her current viability the nerf threads wont stop

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

So, one time, when I went up against the Spirit, I swear I heard breathy sound when she was nearby. Idk if that was a bug or not, cuz I only ever remember it being that one match.

Honestly, though, there's another killer that turns invisible. They determined that the Wraith's bell wasn't enough to balance him, so they added a flickering effect. If the spirit did that, too, it would be better. Think about it. She already has the ability to snap out of invisibility instantly, which is a leg up on the Wraith's invisibility. Why not give her a similar flickering effect?

• crossboy
    crossboy Member Posts: 55
    Options

If someone doesn't have counterplay, and you change the killer to give them counterplay, that is by definition a Nerf. You are making them less viable. That isn't a bad thing though, spirit definitely needs it imo

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

Honestly, this is such a simple change but it would make things a lot better. She needs small adjustments like this, not just straight up big nerfs or anything.

• Rinthespooki
    Rinthespooki Member Posts: 255
    Options

Better than legion gutting nerf most people want...

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November 2019
    Options

OP, by your logic Selfcare wasnt considered nerfed when the basic healing speed was adjusted. But people keep calling it the healing nerf AND the Selfcare nerf. Although only healing time got changed.

Im pretty sure that a high percentage of survivors indeed wants her not only nerfed, but gutted like a legion.

As for the terminology, Im pretty sure many people consider any negative adjustment to weaken X in any game a nerf, even if it was reasonable.

Pony and Fox mightve as well be thread enders here, nothing mich to be added here.

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250
    Options

The Spirit, in her current state, is not healthy for the game.

Allowing the survivor to know when - but not where - she's phasing would not be as bad as people like to make out.

Now her "mindgames" are fair. If she wants to make you vault into her, she can phase in place, but risk you abandoning the loop, or she can phase at you and risk you vaulting the pallet/window.

Obviously, you'd make other adjustments to her power such as recharge rate to compensate for such a change.

• FruityMemes
    FruityMemes Member Posts: 55
    Options

Well people use the word nerf because giving her counterplay is technically nerfing her. People essentially mean she needs to be balanced. The injured noises have to be omnidirectional and she needs a damn vault animation and she would be fine. Also prayer beads is actually unfair because it removes the already small amount of counterplay a survivor has against her

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

Thats a terrible idea. You generally already know she's phasing. Foot steps does little to nothing for the survivor. Idk why we really even still talk about this. She's getting changed either way this goes and its probably gonna be a nerf that she can't come back from. I think the survivor needs more information than footstep sounds and even though the best survivors can do counterplay that isnt a good excuse to no change or nerf her. I personally play both sides but have only played a handful of spirit games and in purple ranks and green ranks its the easiest thing to do I 4k or 3k each time and it shouldn't be that easy. In red ranks on survivor the spirit players I've gone against have consistently gotten 4ks. The reality is she's a bit too strong for the general playerbase. Though I feel like any changes they do make to her will probably be close gutting her. Mostly because of how they "reworked" legion and seeing how their powers are almost the same thing.

• concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282
    edited November 2019
    Options

How else do you want to see people playing something other than Spirit? Making her harder to play is the way to go. Currently spirit is better than billy, cruise mode ez mode and now when noobs can't play their nurse they moved on another broken killer. This game is going to start dying soon if 8/10 of matches is going to be spirit. Damn boring bruh

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383
    Options

Spirit is fine. JuSt GeT GuD

• Lufanati
    Lufanati Member Posts: 198
    Options

They're literally just a spirit shill. It's going to be very satisfying when that stupid character is either gutted, or turned into something respectable.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,128
    Options

I just find this comment hilarious.

That is all. Carry on.

• TheGeneratorExploder
    Options

The spirit is fine as is. The crystals light up when phasing. However, prayer beads need a change. IMO even at rank one, spirit is one of the more fun killers to run against(not including prayer beads) and is still fairly easy to escape against.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

why not just make it to where she leaves like blue scratch Mark's after phasing for more than 3 seconds?

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    edited November 2019
    Options

I think the only thing wrong with her is the prayer Beads, besides that no problem

• aaronmccutcheon921
    aaronmccutcheon921 Member Posts: 3
    Options

The spirit definitely needs a nerf. You shouldn’t have to specifically design a perk build to counter one killer, that goes against everything the game is about. Sure, if she actually required skill people wouldn’t complain. However, when standing still is considered a mind game, and all you have to do is use LT to basically become completely unpredictable to the survivor, then there’s a problem. The biggest change I think Spirit needs is make it actually noticeable when she goes into phasing, and also seeing scratch marks. Without those, she’d maintain her ability to quickly maneuver around the map and pull people off gens, while also not winning every single loop or tile.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,808
    Options

Asides from the crystals not lighting up when she phases which has been literally proven to be false. Also on outfits like schoolgirl there are no visible crystals so even if it was true a lot of spirits run that cosmetic.

I imagine that has some form of paying for an advantage

• darklinger
    darklinger Member Posts: 128
    Options

If nerf spirit why not nerf all survs item instead? Like key, map,ds..All swf want to play easy games, genrush and go out. Or bully weak killers. I think couse this strong killers must be untouchable.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

She literally doesn’t need a nerf or counter play she has counter play except it’s bugged rn so she needs a bug fix more then anything. If they fix it to where her phasing is heard inside the terror radius you would know if it’s a real phase or a fake one and react properly.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

Never understood why people hate Spirit. She has a learning curve, and it's a guessing game for both sides. The typical meta perk used that defeats her damn near every time is Spine Chill.

• darklinger
    darklinger Member Posts: 128
    Options
  • Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    Options

The guessing game is the psychological terror of this killer, part of her power and role. If she should get a nerf, maybe a longer charge time or another thing. Not the phase itself as it is now.

• Mak0
    Mak0 Member Posts: 251
    Options

are you playing dbd in a alternate dimension or? literally nothing is fun about sprit's mindgames and the survivor barely gets any info to counter the mindgames

• Luxoshamy
    Luxoshamy Member Posts: 31
    Options

Stop getting so triggered about it. Her addons weren't the problem.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

Remove her sound hearing while phasing and allow her to see scratch marks during so you can actually mind game her. That's all I can think of.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

You're correct, people don't want Spirit nerfed; they want Freddy nerfed.

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354
    Options

DELETE SPIRIT EASY.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606
    Options

Every killer has counterplay. Some survivors are just one trick ponies.

A mind game killer, like Spirit or Nurse, has to be defended against with mindgames! You can’t just loop everything like you have since you started playing and wonder ######### went wrong. Use your head!

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445
    Options

The only thing that's needed is to either make Iron Will not be affected by Stridor OR not allow Spirit to run it.

If your ONLY counter to a killer is to run a specific perk (Iron Will) and then the killer just run another perk (Stridor) to counter yours, then there is a problem.

Other than that, the Spirit is fine as is. Games without Stridor involved are 50/50 like all matches should be.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533
    Options

You think using 3 perks to counter her justifies her horribly designed power? Literally no one is going to run Premonition/Spine Chill/Iron Will in hopes they verse a Spirit. That is not counter-play, that is called getting lucky.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 432
    Options

@Splinterverse

That‘s the point: if a spirit runs stridor there is no counter... you can’t run and leave stretchmarks and you can’t crouch or walk while injured because you are so loud...