The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Archives/Rift feedback

thesuicidefox
thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
edited November 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Stuff I like:

1) Extra ways to earn blood points.

2) More lore. GIVE ME MORE LORE I WANT IT!!!

3) The archivist or whatever his name is, he is a fun character and I like the voice actor.

4) More cosmetics, and more ways to earn them.

Stuff I DO NOT like:

1) Being forced to play with specific perks or characters.

2) Ridiculously lame challenges that are either insanely difficult, based on luck, or require you to go out of your way to get. For example, "sacrifice all survivors in the basement" is entirely luck based on the map, position of the basement, and having survivors stay in a game and not DC.

3) The UI is honestly awful. There are too many sections, and it is super laggy. I also don't like that you can't access this menu in a lobby.

4) The requirement to select a specific challenge. You should be able to do multiple challenges at once.

5) Severe lack of content in the free track. I can understand pushing people to buy into the Rift, but there should be more content to unlock in the free track. Even if it was content you can already get from the store this would be fine.

I overall enjoy the Rift but I think it needs a lot of improvement. #1 in the second list is a particular pet peeve of mine, I absolutely hate when games force you to play something you don't want, or force you to play in a way that might be counter productive to normal gameplay. I hate most daily rituals for this exact reason too. We need less of this.

Post edited by thesuicidefox on

Comments

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367

Every match is a choice. You can do the daily ritual and risk failing or succeeding. You can delete the daily ritual and not care if you ever do the daily.

But the Rift challenges are meant to be harder than the daily rituals in some cases, or require you to break your normal game style... example disturbing 25 crows.

Above all the game should be fun. If you are not having fun try to do something in the game that is.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

"Harder" is not the same as "impossible".

"Kill all 4 survivors of a trail by any means" is a challenge.

"Kill all 4 survivors in the basement" is basically impossible unless you want to throw multiple games in a row until you get some good RNG. Not to mention DC's.

Also the fact that the Rift items are tied to progress and you basically MUST do all the challenges to get those items is kind of a big deal. Dailies give you BP and if you chose to not do them or delete them it won't really hurt you. Can't say the same for Rift.

• ZephyAlurus
    ZephyAlurus Member Posts: 11

The rift is making me play a lot more DBD than usual and i do like it in general. I do agree with most of the points you have. Maybe for the free track just put in some blood points or bits of IS so there's SOMETHING at least for people to look forward to. Honestly for perks and characters i don't mind because the game is generally already making you not play the way you want with the other challenges too.

Time gating tomes i hope they reduce the time gates. If they need more time for the lore readings or the cosmetics, just put a coming soon sign on it. It helps people who are more casual in the game to be able to do them when they have time. Being restricted to the last 3 weeks for Tome 4 is going to make the challenge feel even more unfair than if you had say 5 weeks.

• Ebisek
    Ebisek Member Posts: 106

It was a scam. Devs say that 1h every day is enough. We have one tier per day. Tier means 10 fragments. One game is approx 0.5*fragment. 20 games is needed or 15 long game with more XP.

How many time needed for one game? 15 minutes + 5m lobby time?

OK, some fragments are granted in archives, but if someone play only survivor or only killer? And also, first quests are EZ, but the harder tiers?