Why do some people always think the devs are trying to screw them over?

Why do people always think the devs are attempting to screw them over? Aren’t the devs just there to balance the game and make sure everyone has fun?

Best Answer

Answers

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

"Fun" is a subjective thing and not one you can consistently balance a game on its very subjective.

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Cause people who liked nurse got screwed over, people who like Spirit are gonna get screwed over.

Just cause it doesn’t bother you doesn’t mean it doesn’t bother others.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452

Because it's easier to blame the devs than accepting that they could have been beaten fairly in a match.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Cause I feel like the very same people that frustrated me when playing with randoms ask for changes because they are unable to get good. Even when presented with facts, counterplay or whatever. They say it isn't fun. So go play something else.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

I'm just glad devs have finally manned up and started to take balance more seriously in past year or so. So many things have changed towards the better balance and removing things that are "un fun" to opposite side. There are still many things that need changeing, but we are getting there eventually.

Only thing I'm amazed is how slow they are on reworking maps, it feels like there is some unpaid summer worker reworking the maps even tho we know their map designer by name and we still have "matt walker" windows in many maps.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

They sure screwed over Nurse mains.

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963

And they will surely screw over spirit mains

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

The game is much more balanced than what you would think. Most survivors mains complain about killers having too much of an advantage while most killer mains complain about survivors. Truth is that it is pretty balanced, any one of the following can swing a game to favor one side over the other, maps, totem spawns, some perks will work great against one killer but do little against another.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

That's a very narrow and incorrect view of the situation

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142

Some devs have the perception they come out and make repeated comments that show bias in one direction or another in terms of what one side wants or doesnt want. Those same devs then haphazardly dismiss frequent complaints made by the opposing side. Then You have another dev who comments on enjoying using strategies in game a large portion of the player base hates and wants changed. Then you have major balance changes to the gameplay without addressing concerns from other portions of the player base which makes it seem someone is getting listened to but it isnt you. Its either complain louder, put up with it and be miserable, dc a lot to avoid the issues you hate, or stop playing. Most people dont want to stop playing so they come here and complain louder or dc more.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

They want to keep the average kill rate at about 2, that would keep it pretty balanced. I am not saying that it is perfect by any means, but it is way closer than what the survivor mains or killer mains say.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited November 2019

Because there are mediocre or mid tier killers that get nerfed sometimes even more to make them even worse due arbitrary reasons (The Pig for example).

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Think? They have.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Except it isnt...because that's not based around both sides playing equally and the gameplay proves its bs

• hiC
    hiC Member Posts: 217

We know fun is subjective. Everyone can stop making this their mantra now.

Nobody is saying to balance the game around fun. It the game is balanced, it will be fun. Fun is a result of balance, not a metric to balance around.

• Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Member Posts: 7

Because they are. They need to make money so they pander to largest crowd. Which is casuals, which ends up dicking everyone else. Just to sell more cosmetics and battle passes at the cost of the quality of the gameplay. It makes sense but for hardcore players it means the game just gets blander and had less nuance in the gameplay. At the end of the day they dont have you or the games best interest at heart, only their profits. Which is okay because that's what a successful business does.