Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Am I the only one that liked this Q&A session?

akbays35
akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

Only issue I had is WGLF farming issue, I'd rather they change it to just protection points and not from unhooking to get stacks. Reworked kindred on hooked survivors yas, dead hard having a latency fix yas, ds nerf yas, pallet frame responsiveness yas, invincibility frame on the second you get dehooked yas.

Comments

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

There's already only two reliable ways to get WGLF stacks: Unhooks, and hits taken while the killer is carrying someone. Distraction can't even reliably be done, even if you run in to take a hit for someone at the last second. That perk is so finicky because the game almost never wants to award Protection tokens where it should.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@Eninya said:
    There's already only two reliable ways to get WGLF stacks: Unhooks, and hits taken while the killer is carrying someone. Distraction can't even reliably be done, even if you run in to take a hit for someone at the last second. That perk is so finicky because the game almost never wants to award Protection tokens where it should.

Even then... it doesn't promote good gameplay, it promotes people taking unnecessary hits. Not exactly conducive to survival.

• raw_bean
    raw_bean Member Posts: 20

@akbays35 said:
    Only issue I had is WGLF farming issue, I'd rather they change it to just protection points and not from unhooking to get stacks. Reworked kindred on hooked survivors yas, dead hard having a latency fix yas, ds nerf yas, pallet frame responsiveness yas, invincibility frame on the second you get dehooked yas.

No, you're not the only one that liked the Q&A. But whiners are always more vocal and visible on the internet.

• akbays35

@Visionmaker said:

@Eninya said:

Even then... it doesn't promote good gameplay, it promotes people taking unnecessary hits. Not exactly conducive to survival.

well it makes sense to help a survivor escape from being grabbed, I just don't like being farmed and I think it promotes this insta altruistic gameplay that I've been seeing a lot.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

All seemed like good stuff to me.

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    I didnt see it what did they talk about
  • BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited August 2018

It was a disaster. Good luck ever catching anyone that gets their hands on a double window structure like the barn without the current Bloodlust 2/3.

• akbays35

@M2Fream said:
    I didnt see it what did they talk about

changes to maps and keys for survivors, adding an invicibility frame for survivors that are being unhooked and haven't touched the ground, unhooking animations clarity, reversing pallet swings so it doesn't have that swing lag that was added last patch, giving dead hard a .25 second latency compensation so the perk will activate before the killers hit detection, trapper buffering, nerfing tier 2/3 bloodlust speed.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

the kindred change is stupid, everything else was alrightl. the bloodlust we'll have to see ingame.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Dr_Trauts said:
    the kindred change is stupid, everything else was alrightl. the bloodlust we'll have to see ingame.

I predict a rise of videos where the killer gets looped for 5 gens.
    Oh and a lot of "nerf nurse" and "survivor lobby bugged" threads.

• akbays35

@Dr_Trauts said:

I think it might be a tad overboard, I just want my allies to see if the killer is just hook camping. It would help for seeing what survivors are doing and they might run to a gen instead of insta-hooking.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

it's about what I expected.

This whole "trying to bring solo survivors up to SWF" thing has been going on for months, and it's par for the course.

I support it because it will give them more room to buff the killers further.

Right now, the game is in a wierd spot where organized teams destroy killers but it's decently close to balanced when everybody is solo and not communicating. They really don't have room to buff the killers more until they even out the two sides further.

This has been going on since the Wraith was thrown a bone last year.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    I liked it because no Queen. I like those two together. Hope they have just those two for more q & a videos.
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@FrenziedRoach said:

This whole "trying to bring solo survivors up to SWF" thing has been going on for months, and it's par for the course.

I support it because it will give them more room to buff the killers further.

But the reality is: They do NOT buff killer.
    They bring solo survivor closer to SWF and still NERF killer.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Yep, buffing SWF with aura reading sounds like a great idea to me.

No need to fix looping or gen rushing yet, am I right?

• nooxet
    nooxet Member Posts: 88

The kindred idea is really great and I think it should have been in the game sooner. It should also lower camping because killers will be exposed every time now and survivors can just do the gens while the killer wastes time camping.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    "Too much aura reading" they say.
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    I don't think built in full Kindred 3 is a good idea. Maybe like if the killer is within 8m of the hook and if other survivors are within 16m of the hook you see their aura. And then actual Kindred could increase those values, along with Open Handed. But the complaints are overstated. Like "Oh no I'll have to camp 8.1m away instead of 2 feet away, this game is totally broken now!"

I think they'll maybe have to reduce time to reach bloodlust tiers by 2-3 seconds. But I hear a lot of contradicting complaints. I see killers saying they literally never reach bloodlust 3 and at the same time others saying they'll never be able to catch a survivor in certain situations. So I think the complaints about this are really just from inefficient killers. Nobody seems to want to admit they're not a very good killer. Like, who cares? It's a game. Even if you were the #1 best killer in the game it would say literally nothing about you other than you play the game a lot.

I think the faster unhook cancelling and inability to hit survivors until they can move are GREAT and necessary changes and any complaints about those are simply whining to whine.

The pallet change is great.

Changes to keys and maps are much needed and I'm looking forward to those most of all.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

If the new kindred buff applies then surely that makes insidious redundant? I know camping is a frowned upon play style, and i don't personally like it. But its still cancelling out the majority of use for the insidious perk. If this thing for kindred goes through then i think if the killer has insidious they shouldn't be seen via the aura at least, so the perk has some significance.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Wolf74 said:

@akbays35 said:
    Am I the only one that liked this Q&A session?

No , you are not the only one, EVERY survivor main will like all the extra candy they get … (again)

The devs gave in and started pulling damage control after all survivors went mad and started review bombing. It's an undying classic that still works, even when the devs themselves said that they'd not fall for it again.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    I liked it. And If you call taking hits for teammates unnecessary you’re not doing them right. Sometimes a guy is getting tunneled and you take a hit for survivor reasons, and hope the best for the other guy you did protection for.