Which Killer do you wager Players will complain about being "Unfun" next?

The Legion was heavily complained about immediately after their release for being "unfun". It got so bad that Fog Whispers were promoting, and supporting, DCing against Legion. This created a huge issue with a vast amount of Players immediately ditching a match once they saw Legion was the Killer. Since then Legion has had, for a lack of a better term, controversial changes made to their entire kit and now is basically ignored by everyone. I, myself, found Legion extremely unfun to play against but I never once DC'd against them because that's lame.

Now we are seeing a similar thing happening to the Spirit. The DCs haven't started, but we are seeing more and more threads and videos coming out complaining about her and how "unfun" she is to play against. The funny thing is though is that she has only received a hand full of bug fixes, and none of the perks she usually runs have been changed in any major way that would help her with mind games, since even before the Legion changes came out.

Now, the main reason I bring this up is because if you go back and check out a majority (if not all) Killer discussion threads, videos and topics many, many players would mention how the Spirit (sans Prayer Beads) is one of the most balanced Killers, or a little strong, or even weak, but no one ever mentioned her being unfun to play against. This just makes me come to the conclusion that either a loud minority, or a majority (I haven't figured out which yet), of the community NEEDS a Killer to complain about and focus ire on, that they need one of them to be "unfair" and "unfun" for the sheer fact that they need something to complain about.

Why is this? I dunno. The internet is a weird place. But anyway on to the question of the thread:

tl;dr: Which Killer do you think Players will deem "unfun" next? Why? This isn't about if you specifically think said Killer(s) is ok, its about who you think people will deem unfun for whatever reason.

I am thinking it will be Freddy, due to his strange power level that many people have issues dealing with and find him difficult to play against and because its Freddy. Also he can teleport.

Or maybe the Huntress(I dunno) because she has Hatches, which are long range(!), and she can use an Add-on to one shot down you from range(!). Or something.

Comments

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

I wouldn't be surprised about Huntress being next on the "unfun" list but catering to casuals who aren't retained players seldom works out.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

I don't see any other killer being deemed "un-fun" as much as Spirit. The only two things I can think of that people will complain about are "hostage docs" (3-gen strat doc that builds towards and only focuses on defending those 3 gens, not downing survivors) and "forever freddy" (freddy with maximum slowdown addons and perks). Those aren't entire killers though.

I can see some people getting annoyed at the other strong killers (like Hag, Huntress, Nurse, and Billy), but I doubt we would have a community-wide outcry about anyone else.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

I'd be very sad if it was huntress, you can easily counter her making your hit box smaller etc most maps have enough to hide behind. I wish I saw more on console just had a match against one was hella fun didn't live but it was enjoyable neither the less ?? please not huntress please no one please learn the counters to these killers plz ??

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Lmao. +1

I've seen some, but those have been around forever, she's basically immune to player-wide hate because of how difficult she is to use. Or is conceived to be.

Yea. I honestly think she is one of the most balanced Killers but I know that the player base is volatile and you never know.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

After Doc and Spirit.

Freddy, unless they announce the Hillbilly changes. Then everyone will be clamoring to support or protest the changes.

• GodDamn_Angela

We all thought the same thing during the Legion fiasco. The Spirit wasn't complained about as being unfun until the Legion changes came through and the dust settled.

You never really know what the community is going to do.

• Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Member Posts: 7

Freddy or Plague.

• GodDamn_Angela

Oh I didn't even think about that.

Hillybilly changes would create waves. Massive, angry, flailing waves.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

What they do not understand, they cave to a group of individuals who are bad thus it isn't fun. Those baddies will struggle against everything that isn't legion with 115% with no power at all.

So in the end they will make killers skins just as survivors are. Than it is balanced, such fun, 0 variety and no skill required whatsoever.

• GodDamn_Angela

I can't understand players who DC. I just can't.

Also the Pig is one of the last Killer's I would DC against. She's so much fun to play againt.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Yeah, but no other killer feels like they have such a small amount of counter-play as old Legion or Spirit does. Any complaint about another killer's basekit would be objectively not as big of a deal

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

Billy, Freddy, Plague and Freddy. In that order 🤡🤡🤡

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I see quite a bit of threads about Plague having an “OP power” and being “unfun” so my bet is good ol’ Vommy Mommy is the next complaint.

• GodDamn_Angela

#bringbackfreddytier

Seriously though he's fine most of the time. Forever Freddy is annoying but that's it.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    edited November 2019

I am 100% sure that Freddy will be next.

• GodDamn_Angela

I play on PS4 so I have no knowledge of who or what this "the Nurse" is.

• LintyScorpion
    LintyScorpion Member Posts: 165
    edited November 2019

Probably Freddy, as his rework gave him so many abilities. As a killer main, I agree that he is really powerful. And think that I get more kills than I normally would. To get the ability to teleport as well as snares or pallets, and his insane lunge, he is very powerful and hard to play against. I'm not saying get rid of it all, I'm saying maybe just reduce lunge a little bitor remove the ability to get rid of teleportating to gens. As a person who would not know the full effects of this nerf, I would suggest this.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

Freddy is fine to me. I personally don't have problem with any killers lol

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

My moneys on Plague, even if shes decent shes such a snooze fest to play as and play against.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

My money is on ghostface since people are using him the non stalk way they might call for nerfs sooner or later and ruin him

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

freddy

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

I would put my money on the next killer to release if history repeats itself

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

After they gut Spirit I think they're coming for either Billy, GF, or Plague.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

Freddy doesn't have an insane lunge. The devs already said all killers hve the same lunge. Freddy is just smaller and that's why it looks that way. The devs also said they wont touch the lunge on any killer.

As for who's next: Freddy, Ghostface or Plague

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,090

The unfun killers for me would be legion and doctor. Doctor because i just don't enjoy madness/screaming/skillchecks in the corner of my screen, also the snapping out of it. Legion because mending is very annoying still.

• Rinthespooki
    Rinthespooki Member Posts: 255

i second this.

And the worse part? Devs will cater to those people.

• Baerdic
    Baerdic Member Posts: 1

My vote is for ghostface. He's slowly being taken more seriously and big streamers are finally seeing his potential, and showcasing it. He's been one of my personal favorites and I never seem to struggle that much in red ranks. If spirit gets nerfed this will only push him further up alongside Freddy.

But remember kids, viability doesn't mean overpowered

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551

Freddy or Plague yeah.

I dread going against Plague but I guess it's the "good" kind of dread? Plague games take forever and you never know if your randoms are going to cleanse or not.

Then Freddy has all of his tools to slow the game down...yeesh.

Honestly I'd rather get stomped by a Nurse/Spirit/Huntress than to spend 20+ mins in a full stall Freddy/Plague build.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

Freddy, Billy(again), Hag, and the new killer coming out next in December are likely candidates.

• SoloSurvivorMain
    SoloSurvivorMain Member Posts: 67

Facecamping leatherface

• Leatherface because once you're hooked it's over unless sacrifice

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

With how many people I see DC when I play Freddy, he seems to be next

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

His lunge is the same as any other killer and his teleportation ability has a long cooldown. That's already pretty balanced.

• InfinyMage
    InfinyMage Member Posts: 236

Freddy or Plague. We see them both pop up here in thread discussions. (Freddy for his slow down addons and Plague due to Thana+Dying Light)

Or maybe Doctor will become the next thing to complain about depending on where the Devs take it.

Or maybe it'll be the unreleased killer.

Only time will tell. But there diffinetly be another killer who takes the spotlight the same way Spirit has now.

• ChilledOcean
    ChilledOcean Member Posts: 31

I know I'll be going for the plague. She eliminates half the chases and it just makes for less bloodpoints and less game. I think it would be nice if the sickness made it so you can't heal but requires the plague to still hit you twice. I'd be fine with that. But playing against plague I almost never pip just get a safety or depip and the bloodpoints is always garbage. It's not that I hate her kit I just think both sides are losing out on points and stuff.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Plague doesn’t have enough time to puke on survivors AND still have to hit them twice. She has no map control. There is no point in her Vile Purge if she still has to hit survivors twice.

Her bloodpoint value is terrible though. It needs an increase. Demo gets a massive 800 points for a Shred attack but Plague only gets 300 for each time she breaks a survivor or downs a sick survivor. I rarely max out her deviousness unless survivors constantly cleanse and even then I probably won’t.

She doesn’t pip as well because of the one shot mechanic of Vile Purge. Same reason Billy rarely pips and Legion seems to always pip. Billy and Plague get less hits.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

-sighs- Sadly.

Freddy.

Everyone complains about how "overpowered" he is or will become.

But he is completely counterable.

So..

Sorry I'm still sad that my main got nerfed for no reason.

But yeah.. Freddy will most likely be next. (Even though he's in a good spot like Myers was)

• VoodooMan7995
    VoodooMan7995 Member Posts: 137

Doctor (AGAIN).

He's personally one of my favorite killers, but people often message me on my playstation saying things like 'Wow Doctor dude? You suck!' Or 'Nobody Plays Doctor, Stop it and Die'.

He's super fun but sometimes I wish I'd just stuck to GhostFace, Hag, Huntress and Trapper.... Instead of adding Doc to the mix