Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Gen rework

As I have been playing the PTB ive gotten games that maybe last maybe 5-6 minutes. Gen's at this point are done far too fast and that removes a lot of the power from the killer. I don't like running ruin despite the fact its "meta" because it can be found and destroyed so quickly. I don't like literally having to depend on a perk just for a good gatekeeper score plus that's without survivors looping all day and that depends on how many hooks you get per a gen. DS and SB further don't help as you can be on someone as Myers and they will just jet away. Gen's need a total rework and I think survivors should be surviving not thriving. I believe gens should have parts all over the maps and survivors should have too find them maybe its a bad idea but games are done far too fast right now and killers have no control over it and they should have all the control they are the power role not the survivors. Also DS just wast's all the time the killer spent chasing and downing and SB makes a lot of killers ineffective.

Comments

• MrsxLacerate
    MrsxLacerate Member Posts: 3

I agree. We need something in the game that gives us a little more time on the gens. Ever since the new emblem system has been in place; I rarely can even get one gen done due to the others' popping them incredibly fast. Coming from someone who was a main on PC, then switched to console, people on PC are pushing the gens out faster than those on console. I like the part idea, and even if the devs don't, what about longer gen repair time?

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

@MrsxLacerate said:
    I agree. We need something in the game that gives us a little more time on the gens. Ever since the new emblem system has been in place; I rarely can even get one gen done due to the others' popping them incredibly fast. Coming from someone who was a main on PC, then switched to console, people on PC are pushing the gens out faster than those on console. I like the part idea, and even if the devs don't, what about longer gen repair time?

I don't know the getting parts would be like the entity's kind of thing you know find this before you die type of thing. The clock should be on the killers side not survivors and I respect good survivors but the blood point gain off 5-6 minute games sucks.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

In most of my games so far gens are generally pretty slow unless the players are well geared and or all randoms/low geared. The games generally have the killer downing someone within the 1st few mins. Then sacrificing someone within the 1st 2-3 mins.

For svf they could add a item needed like tool boxes that you can find lying around/parts that have to be gathered to help make them go faster. Similar to the addons that give you faster repair speeds etc. There's been some games that 3 gens get done in less than 4 mins but those are high end geared players and usually the you start with someone else offering.

• MrsxLacerate
    MrsxLacerate Member Posts: 3

@powerbats said:
    In most of my games so far gens are generally pretty slow unless the players are well geared and or all randoms/low geared. The games generally have the killer downing someone within the 1st few mins. Then sacrificing someone within the 1st 2-3 mins.

For svf they could add a item needed like tool boxes that you can find lying around/parts that have to be gathered to help make them go faster. Similar to the addons that give you faster repair speeds etc. There's been some games that 3 gens get done in less than 4 mins but those are high end geared players and usually the you start with someone else offering.

I need to get in what games you're getting into, because it's really no fun when gens pop left and right, even when you're the survivor. A few games, maybe, of not getting hit is fine. But, going ten games deep with gen rush is kinda boring. LOL.

• ObscuredbyFog
    ObscuredbyFog Member Posts: 94

But isnt that the normal point of the PTB? Lets see how much we can break the game? Only change with this one was go ahead and level up and all that, and use what you got. But at the end it all goes away. Before it was here is everything... please dont bring in BNPs. Now its go ahead bring them in, use all of them, its not going to effect your actual inventory. and if you get more, why not?!? you arent keeping them or your customizations when its done.

• sorrowen

Its normal in the PTB but also in the normal game.

• ObscuredbyFog
    edited May 2018

@sorrowen agreed. But it still stands that the only objective Survivors have is fixing gens. Now, If 2,3,or 4 bring in BNP... thats messed up. But as far as gens going off, its going to happen. You need to choose where you apply your pressure. It cant be the entire map. No Killer can control the entire map. Nurse and Hillbilly are the closest, but not perfect.

• sorrowen

@ObscuredbyFog said:
    @sorrowen agreed. But it still stands that the only objective Survivors have is fixing gens. Now, If 2,3,or 4 bring in BNP... thats messed up. But as far as gens going off, its going to happen. You need to choose where you apply your pressure. It cant be the entire map. No Killer can control the entire map. Nurse and Hillbilly are the closest, but not perfect.

I main nurse but I don't like always playing nurse,billy or huntress the other killers need to be able to play apply pressure. Gens need a rework

• ObscuredbyFog
    edited May 2018

@sorrowen said:

@ObscuredbyFog said:

I main nurse but I don't like always playing nurse,billy or huntress the other killers need to be able to play apply pressure. Gens need a rework

Literally all of those Killers apply the most pressure to survivors. Just need a Doctor to patrol a trifecta to prove a 4th (or 5th) tier killer. Killers need a rework, not gens. And that means ALL need to be a bit more powerful. Especially Wraith, Freddy, and Doctor.

• FoxWolfFrostFire
    FoxWolfFrostFire Member Posts: 197
    Might just be new and miss understanding but my posts aren't going through as I want I have thread about gen rework total gen rework needed redux. I think my ideas there could fix a lot of problems.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@MrsxLacerate said:

@powerbats said:

I need to get in what games you're getting into, because it's really no fun when gens pop left and right, even when you're the survivor. A few games, maybe, of not getting hit is fine. But, going ten games deep with gen rush is kinda boring. LOL.

I should've clarified that's reg games only atm, dealing with some stuff on my end atm. But you have to figure that there's plenty of highly experienced players testing right now. They probably have all the good perks already for them and might even be grouping.

The new map will probably go a little slower until people get it down, but the same still holds true as far as players go.

• ObscuredbyFog
    edited May 2018

Until there is another objective besides Gens or Hex totems, the gens will always be rushed. The pig tried to counter, even with gen starting counters... but the RBT's meant "YOU" were screwed, not those doing gens.