The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Soo we should probably think about no mither and SURVEILLANCE

Literally no mither is only slightly good and surveillance is just a waste of a perk slot and it seems like it's been forgotten

Comments

• Poltergeist4000
    Poltergeist4000 Member Posts: 11
    ShrimpTwiggs said:

In my opinion, someone running No Mither should start off healthy and, after they're injured, they are unable to heal. They should also make the killer unable to see the symbol indicating if someone's running it.

I was thinking something like that but at the same time show the icon for survivors soo there not constantly trying to heal you
  • Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

No Mither will always be pointless as long as the killer can see that you have it.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Surveillance is in need of a big buff.
  • Poltergeist4000
    Poltergeist4000 Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2018
    It would be usable if it wasn't for the 16 seconds
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    I have no idea why they thought that was a good idea. You can't even reach 3 gens to kick them in 16 seconds.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

If Surveillance had infinite range and gave you a reading on the gen's progress/regress that would make it a lot more useful.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Esheon said:
    I have no idea why they thought that was a good idea. You can't even reach 3 gens to kick them in 16 seconds.
    Developer 1:
    "Let's make the generator's auras last 16 seconds!"
    Developer 2:
    "Wait... Isn't 16 seconds too short?"
    Developer 1:
    "Nah, nurse can just teleport to 3 generators so it's all balanced!"
    Developer 2:
    "Close enough, let's add it!"
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Esheon said:
    Hey that's my phrase...

I thought it was a typo. That they planned to do 160 seconds. Or it simply confirms that devs don't play their own game.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I'll think about No Mither.
    thinks about it
    I think it's great the way it is.

Surveillance could use a buff though.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

Make Surveillance do what an upcoming Wraith add-on will do. Show you the progress of Gens by the intensity of their Auras. Just keep the trigger of breaking the Gens for it to activate and you've got a solid Perk.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited August 2018
     I don't really know how you could fix no mither and make everybody happy.

If you don't start of the match injured then it ruins it synergy with the injured perks meaning people who are running that said build are going to have to actively get themselves injured that will probably result in a hook which can screw them over more than the build is actually worth.

if you start off injured there is no way a killer is going to be stupid enough to leave you slugged on the ground.

But you're going to have to ask yourself how common do you think slugging is going to be in if you're going to make the change.

Even if that's the case and slugging is prevalent enough for it to be worth to change I still feel like people would overwhelmingly just pick unbreakable anyway so they're not permanently injured all game.Then you just turned a perk that can work very well on a niche build into a very situation perk that is overwhelmingly outclassed by unbreakable.

If you were to keep its current state the only way I can suggested buffing it is

*Make it not trigger Thanatophobia unless you're down or hooked

* Increase the reduction of grunting sounds to 75% or higher

* add a bonus incentive for using it for example fast exhaustion recovery, a slight boost to action speed or faster wiggle when in the killer's grasp

Tldr: making you start healthy isn't a good idea if you want to buff it you have to do it whilst keeping yourself injured.

Post edited by Volfawott on
  • Strider
    Strider Member Posts: 94

They could just make it look like that survivor isn't injured until they are downed for the first time. Also not indicating to the killer in any other form that they started the match with No Mither until the killer downs them (Thanatophobia debuff etc). Also yeah, a built in Iron Will would be great too for No Mither rather than having to dedicate yet another perk slot for the same effect but more effective.