Insidious

So the devs made a perk for face camping?

Comments

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830
    edited November 2019

Technically, it can be used for objective defense (defending an almost-done generator, totem, etc) but essentially, yes, that's all it's used for.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I run Insidious every once in a while when I'm in the mood to play Jumpscare-Bubba who hides behind walls, generators, next to a chest etc. but yes, most people who use it just camp hooks which:

- is boring as hell.

- doesn't work if the hooked survivor runs "Kindred" as it still reveals the killer's aura.

- doesn't work if the survivors warn each other via messages or mic.

- doesn't work after the first "insidious attack" as the survivors will expect the killer to insidious camp the hook for the rest of the match.

Here's my most recent successful use of Insidious for generator-defense:

As you can see someone was actually hooked during that moment but I still decided to use Insidious to protect the generator.

I kept scaring them away before positioning myself as seen in the clip.

The survivors got so paranoid after a while they literally stopped repairing generators because they expected me to come around every corner revving my chainsaw.

It was really fun and nobody complained about the match afterwards so Insidious can in fact be used to provide everyone an acceptable gaming experience.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

You sick little moo cow, that's gotta be funnier than Insidious Basement ?

• Yamaoka

Now that's a game I would like to watch! You didn't record it by any chance, did you?

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

The perk does need to be updated though, hopefully with the new ''Oblivious'' and ''Undetectable'' statuses they might find a way to update this perk for more modern plays rather than just standing still for a very long time.

• fischyhb
    fischyhb Member Posts: 23

Also fun as Doc, survivors think you are just an image and you can gen grab them when they come back

• Yamaoka

Haha same I've just been asking myself what I could run for a complete Jumpscare build to increase the chances of actually getting them consistently throughout a match.

- Insidious (obviously)

- Tinkerer... Maybe

- Ruin (could allow you to protect a gen last second combined with tinkerer)

- Whispers (so you are able to tell whether they actually left a gen or not)

Surveillance+Insidious could work well together as well. Kick the gen, walk behind a wall about 10meters from the gen and let them die of a heart attack if they touch the gen again.