This has to stop! ~Storytime~ kind of

dnj510
dnj510 Member Posts: 438
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

PS4

Killer: Doctor

I'm the survivor, rank 1, and I'm going insane. (Wish I'd remembered to record the match).

I'll try to keep this brief but debatably entertaining. We're on Ormond, the killer is shocking Feng. She get's downed then instantly disconnects. Lucky for her, she left this shitshow early. Me and the Jake work on separate generators while Claudette gives crazy man the run around. By the time Claudette gets hooked, we've completed three generators. Doctor decides to camp Claudette until she is literally 1 second away from dying before I save her. I save her, killer ignores me and re-hooks the Claudette. Now she's back at the campfire leaving me and the Jake alone.

(Why do you camp and tunnel?)

Fast forward. It's Jake's turn to run the mad man around. I complete another generator during this time and proceed to the last gen but unfortunately Jake gets slugged.

(It's sweat for 4K time!)

I'm making my way to Jake while trying to remain undetected to pick him up. I pick him up and the killer comes back and chases Jake again. He slugs him again and I'm near screaming because of that darn insanity meter. I hide in a locker nearby to keep from giving my location away when I notice Jake crawling and shaking toward my locker.....with the killer right behind him.

(Why are you doing this, Jake? The betrayal. Don't you want me to help you? Don't you know lockers help keep you sane!?).

Fast forward. I'm being chased by the scary man across the map. I eventually run past the hatch. Jake bleeds out and I get slugged precisely on top of the hatch and I escape.

I escaped such an annoying player. I wanted to message them some words but their settings prevented me from doing that. The coward.

TL;DR Stop camping. And stop ratting out your fellow survivors when you feel you want them to die along with you.

Thanks for reading my grief.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

If you want to stop it press the share button on your controller, save the clip, report him in game for working with killer, snip the video, fill out the report form and attach clip. It is a pain in the ass but your title says "this has to stop".

Posting here won't stop it. Also don't DM people talking trash it only adds to toxicity.

• dnj510

That's the thing. I did want to say "gg".......among other things ?. But the point is, is that I would have still said it.

@Might_Oakk I wasn't mad at the Jake. I just didn't like that he felt the need to give away my location instead of going somewhere else. Had it been me, I would have crawled into a corner or something.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@DaGreenBolt 100% agreed. Harassment really changed killers. If I think back two years ago, killers gifted me the hatch all the time. Now this happens maybe once a month, if even.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

Part of this is also that the emblem system can heavily punish killers who care about ranking if they don't get that last kill.

• deriasb
    deriasb Member Posts: 34

Killer can play whatever he feels like playing , don't get in the forums to say "camping is bad , tunneling is bad" if killer wants to camp , let him camp , and do gens , person on the hook has to be left 4 dead , on the other side the match will be over , and killer only got 1 kill ( you can even bring Borrowed time , or ds to counter camp , and how servers are working , grabs are not a reality) you can literally punish the killer for camping and tunneling

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

Honestly if more than 1 person dcs just ######### kill me, I want to die at that point anyways. I’d rather play a real game. I’ll just take my depip and die. I don’t even run off when they spot me at that point. Smack and hook me, let’s get this over with.

• dnj510

Some of you guys are literally assuming, yes assuming that I wanted to harass the killer. You literally don't know what I wanted to say to them had I been able to.

This was just a little excerpt that I wanted to share. Sorry if any of you took it as a negative.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

You wrote, I quote: "I wanted to message them some words but their settings prevented me from doing that. The coward."

Nobody was "assuming" you wanted to trashtalk/harass. You wrote it yourself. You cannot expect that anybody is going to applaud you for that.

I suggest that you change your behaviour if you want this community to become less toxic.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2019

Preach sista

I use to let the last one go if things didnt work out in their favor but the majority of the survivors community has degraded to the point to where even if I sit and stare at the wall the whole game SOMEONE will still complain or have some nasty remark to say after the game. I'm done being nice. I'm numb to em all. Everyone dies.

• CrispyChestnuts
    CrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175

Op is right, "some words" does not inherently mean trash talk. I would assume that was what was going to happen, but that's all it is, assumption.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Btw: Even killers who don't tunnel and camp, who in fact play very generously, still get insulted and harassed after matches end. So why would they feel motivated to play nice?

I second this

• dnj510

@DaGreenBolt @NoShinyPony Nope. Assumptions are assumptions and that's where our opinions differ. Really, I just wanted to say some constructive criticism on their playstyle and end it with a "gg". For better or worse, most players want no incoming messages so it kind of sucks, and to me it's annoying and cowardly.

Overall, I said what I said, I shared the details of my match with you guys, thanks for reading, and now it's done. On to the next post 😇.

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

Most killers already sick of "gg camper tunneler" messages. Unless you didn't want to mention the part, where he camped, of course. Disabling messages is a sign of a killer player caring about his sanity.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Okay, OP. I'll bite. What would you have said if the Killer did not have their settings set up so you could not?

• dnj510

@TAG Sheesh. After I said I was done with this post.

I would have said something along the lines of, "You would get more kills and more points effectively if you didn't wait around for a person to die each time. Your playstyle would probably piss people off but whatever. Gg anyway."

• TAG

And your inability to say that is enough for you to label them a coward?

• dnj510

Yes. Maybe "coward" is too mean for you guys, but yes.

• TAG

That makes it hard to believe that your intentions were benign.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

Everyones already said it, but no more Mr. Nice Killer. I've played by all the rules, and still get taunted end of match and during.

Sorry, I'll play be "survivor rules" when you start playing by my killer rules, which includes:

• No body blocking (this is my #1 pet peeve with playing killer - its an affront to the chore idea of the game)
    • No taunting and healing on the other-side of palettes because you have no fear.
    • Don't run for infinite loops every time.
    • Don't crawl under the hook while someone is on it to waste my time.

Yes, they're all "legit strategies", but so is camping and tunneling. So deal.

• CrispyChestnuts
    CrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175

Ya it implies that, which is why I would assume that was the intent. OP is still technically correct (the best kind of correct), he did not explicitly say that he was going to throw salt at him, or flame him, or troll him, or anything else.

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608

typical victim shaming. pathetic.

the survivor already has to deal with a camping, tunneling doctor and a dc... but he should be mad at Jake or claudette. I could understand being mad at Feng.

but claudette, she's not even going to get to play in this round... The killer decided that she's only going to be allowed to play hook simulator (tap buttons to enjoy your stay).

and Jake, he likely just wanted to get the round over with at this point...

meanwhile, the killer is being toxic and sweaty... I main killer and it drives me up a wall to see my fellow killers play like this... it ruins the game. 4 people have a ######### round so that 1 loser can get his rocks off by bullying them.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

You could of had a higher chance of making it out if the Feng didn't DC.

😐

Just saying

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

I wonder if the claudette gave the doc a tbag after every pallet xD. Then I would understand the camp.

And honestly the killer can play like he wants. Survs do the same so why complaining?

Doc also is insanely weak compared to other killers. So tunnel time.

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453

Victim shaming?

Dude it doesn't matter how the killer played, you don't get to harass the killer for committing to a playstyle.

The OP was prepared to harass and trash talk the killer for just camping and tunneling (aka a playstyle), also there are many perks out there that counter camping and tunneling, if you don't use them that's on you.

• dnj510
    edited November 2019

@DaGreenBolt No, I wasn't. I already shared what I wanted to say a few posts ago. Try again.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

depending on how you play will determine whether I’m a douche as survivor to you or not. Did most of the generators? I will gladly kill myself on hook or crawl away from you so you can find hatch. If you did literally nothing you best have gotten in a locker before hand cause I’m crawling torwards you and not killing myself on the hook

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367

Occasionally Killers have been known to kill three and let the last one go free, there is no rule that they do this, but its appreciated every time I am last survivor.

I have witnessed end game chats where a player uses bad words towards the killer, you know the sort of words I mean. I will simply say gg and exit if I am upset as I know killer s are able to remember names and I would prefer not to have a vendetta directed towards me due to calling the killer a rude word.

• StrickxNyne
    StrickxNyne Member Posts: 230

Everyone is defending the killer in this story quickly dismissing he teamed with someone he slugged to find another survivor. The tattling survivor and the killer who's following where he leads are both toxic garbage here but yes its this survivors fault that the killer has committed to the play style of slugging and following the snitch.

Honestly this is why I swf and lead the killer away from hatches when I'm downed. The garbage killer thinks we're teaming and gets lead to a lost kill. Then the killer messages GGEZ literally every time. Stop pretending survivors who get upset at people cheating are the toxic ones 😂 😂

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453

Then tell me why you said this about the killer and you quote: "I escaped such an annoying player. I wanted to message them some words but their settings prevented me from doing that. The coward."

No one says "the coward" when you are trying to give some helpful tips.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,689

Closed, as asked by OP.

This discussion has been closed.