The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I do not think nurse mains like these changes, for a different reason.

CrowFoxy
CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

She is just not fun to play anymore. Yes. 3 seconds makes THAT much of a difference to the previously highly aggressive, smooth gameplay. I personally will still religiously play Nurse, I love the character. I have always played medium-high mobility characters in games. Nurse is a mix, she's just my type of playstyle. But she got utterly rekt. Omega was an issue, 3 blinks too. I was HYPED for cool, non op and unique add ons. But instead...we just got Spasmodic. No power but you move fast, and her URs are both really terrible like with a lot of killers except like Spirit and Huntress.

I just don't understand anymore. I'm a 50/50 player and love to make r1 every season both sides but this time I saw ONE nurse. And she lost horribly, but that was honestly due to horrible tracking but it does show nobody really is playing her now and I've heard this story from everyone.

Bhvr, PLEASE. You cannot leave Nurse like this, same as how you can't leave Legion as they are. A change must be made because you're slowly killing off some characters.

Comments

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited November 2019

Agree, I got really dissapointed, it seems just like Legion that the changes were made in a hurry. Alot of addons are poorly made and just nothing or special? I like though the jenners breath, that purple addon where you can teleport to your original position, its not good but a cool idea. But most of the rest, especially the ultra rares are really .... bad. Sorry to say that so rude but it just the truth.

And I stopped playing nurse, not because I am to bad to learn her, its just really boring and feels very slow to play her.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

They literally made it so that nurse can not catch up to survivors running in a straight line. I didn't believe it, i tested and yeah it is simply not possible unless you equip range addons. These addons however will not work against any decent survivor due to her telegraphing. Nurse is dead.

You only need to "mindgame" her once every 4-5 blinks and she will not have a 2nd blink up at that time. So when people lose to nurse now, they are utterly terrible.

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963

I bet they will do the same to spirit and she will end up being unplayable at red ranks.

They have to please survivors otherwise no money for cosmetics

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,190

Next hotfix: spirit cannot use her power during chase

Problem solved

• OmegaXII

I'm playing her too because i have empathy for her.. do you play with or without add-ons

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

they will just leave her like legion for at least a couple of years. im stopped playing killer anyways, there is nothing left that survivors have to fear now, especially decent swf.

• Bloodartist
    Bloodartist Member Posts: 124

Whosoever dev thought that making a killer that cannot catch survivors by running, and cannot catch survivors by using her power, was a good idea? I didnt play nurse for a really long time because people got too good playing against her. It was too hard even before the nerf, now I have zero chance.

I play exclusively killer, and I think Im about to write this game off. Only spirit is remotely fun to play, inasmuch as this game ever can be. The endtimes are near.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I enjoy my good rounds and accept the loose against survivors over a certain level of skill.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

I've gone against post-patch red rank Nurse players who seem to be every bit as dominant as they were before the changes. She's still the best killer.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

This!! The really good survivors already made it veeeery difficult with old nurse. I can't imagine to stand even the slightest chance against the same survivors with the new nurse. Well, I'm not going to experience this cuz I dropped her, my condolences to everyone who tries her and gets absolutly demolished by those teams.

• Bloodartist

They will eventually. People eventually got good at mindgames vs the nurse in my opinion. Good enough for me to drop her and move to spirit which is way more fun as she can actually run.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Did you just indirectly call Coxcombed Clapper a bad Add-on?! 😬😜

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

I still 4k with nurse , i'm seen many streamer like marth during his challenge play her and 4k with one perk and two add-ons (anxious graps , metal spoon). People are overreacting about these change. I think no one is happy with base kit change so do i btw but, she is clearly still strong the 6s cooldown only hurt the map pressure.

The range is still the same, fatigue is still the same , she still go though walls , she still ignore pallets. ONLY thing that change is a new added cooldown which is 6s (3s per blink). Defeating the strongest team basekit should not exist. Add-ons is here for that. skilled players should still do decent base kit but not to the point to defeat the strongest tryhard team.

Look at survivors without toolboxes they can still gens in three minutes that also need a change.

Anyway the add-ons are cool except for torn bookmark , Dull Bracelet , White Nit Cumb those are totally bad but Bad Man's last breath , anxious graps , Spasmodic Last Breath only need some buffs. As campbell last breath this one i have no idea but the idea behind the add-on is good.

Anxious Grasp / Fragile Wheeze/Dark Cincture is one of my favorite combo i just want the range for anxious grasp being bigger.

• Bloodartist

You know what? For the first time in three years, I am uninstalling this game. I hope the devs are happy. Im done. Bye.

• SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime Member Posts: 39

I played since launch myself, and just quit 2-3 months ago. Every time I start to regret it a little, I come back to the forums and am reminded that it was probably the best decision. The game is a mess right now : /

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Do you ever think for the balance for both sides instead of killer? I know you love spirit but it's becoming childish at this point.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Never once did I say that in this post, but to answer your question to a yes extent.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

OMEGABLINK NURSE PLAYERS are complaining!.

Main nurses (with no addons) players are ok with the changes!.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

I know a lot of Nurse mains who constantly played her without add-ons. They are not ok with the base kit changes.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

Its baffling how killers need to be addon dependant while survivors are balanced for going in item less.

Kek, the game would be more balanced if sirvivors were balanced around using all items each. Yes. I am aware a survivor can only bring one item out of four. Fishing for triggers.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

I'm not a Nurse main, but she's heavily in my rotation. The fun factor is definitely reduced. Never used add ons before the rework. I feel like I need them now. Not necessarily a negative, but a lot her add ons aren't competitive. Heck, her ultra rares border on meme territory. My kill average with her at red ranks is around 2-3 right now, but I definitely struggle every 4th game or so. It depends on the survivors and how much they know her issues right now. It's 50% nerf and 50% dedicated server issues.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

I was a base kit Nurse only that used her to get to rank 1 every time I cared about getting there and I hate the changes.

I think what people are overlooking is what the OP said: Nurse is not FUN anymore. I have 4ked both games of Nurse I played post nerf. But I didn’t have fun either game. It is not fun being forced to single blink across the map because you NEED to save your second blink for a potential chase. It isn’t fun to feel punished for using your power by needing to wait (fatigue) and then wait again (recharge). It isn’t fun to know a chase is lost because you double blinked and didn’t get a down off it. It isn’t fun to wait 5.99 seconds and lose 2.99 seconds’ worth of charge since partial charge doesn’t carry between blinks. It certainly isn’t fun to know the shining example of not needing add ons to be maximally effective is no longer that way.

I personally don’t care if Mr. Big Name can stil do well with Nurse. I’m capable of it so it makes sense people better than me can too. That doesn’t make her fun to play. And I’ll be curious to see if people still do well with her as more people realize that, as @Endstille said, a straight line beats a base kit Nurse. People are still trying the old mindgames for now so she hasn’t totally died yet, but I don’t expect that to last long. And even if it does, she simply isn’t fun enough to play anymore. I regret P3-ing her.

• OmegaXII

I play old nurse without add-ons. And i'm telling you that i don't like new nurse

• newduls
    newduls Member Posts: 90

her changes just made her suffer the same as b tier killers. Success is far more dependent on the circumstances of the match then how good you are.

I can 4k with any killer at R1 against an all R1 team using no perks and no addons, but the circumstances for that to happen depend on both my play, survivors making mistakes and favorable RNG. I'd say that for all A tier and lower killers the distribution is 20%/40/40%, as far as the impact that these things have on the matches outcome.

Certain perk/addon combinations on certain killers make the above scenario more common.

Nurse was a killer who you could reliable play where the circumstances of the rng and the survivors making mistakes were not nearly as significant a portion of the equation. So pre nerf nurse was more like 60%/20%/20%.

Similarly current spirit is 60%/20%/20% (thats for a 4k, not necessarily a pip).

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

The point I made this is not to say she is super weak but horrible to play, very boring, and ruined in that regard. She's so slow.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Actually, this hotfix wouldn't do much to her chase potential due to how much she goes out of chase. :P

• FruityMemes
    FruityMemes Member Posts: 55

Nurse can still be super strong in the right hands. The blink recharge should increase slightly but not a lot. She used to be way to op if she was good enough you literally couldn't run away she just comes right back and hits you again. At least now you have more time to run. But I agree with the nerf being a bit much not by a lot tho

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
    edited November 2019

I feel like I'm the weirdo here since I enjoy her even more with this new add-ons. The power cool down could use some look at, I agree...

As I wrote in my guide they are very much important now since the blink management is very limited now.