I took the survey and they are interested in cross platform play (PC/Consoles), thoughts?

Options
Quol
Quol Member Posts: 694

So i found this to be a very interesting bit and wanted to talk further about it.

1. What are your thoughts on playing with everyone? PC vs Xbox vs PS vs Switch
  2. And what are your thoughts on maintaining progress across all platforms?

I for one would love to have cross progress, not sure if there is any disadvantage with being able to have your progress on all platforms. Having cross platform would also be neat even if it might feel like PC gamers would have an advantage.

Comments

• Artyomich
    Artyomich Member Posts: 281
    Options

I don't want more potatoes in my matches.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

Can I get all my cosmetics together then? I got Jeff on xbox and that's really the difference in my games and I'm not gonna grind on both.

• concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282
    Options

They can't even get hitboxes right on one platform but gonna do it crossplay? LMAO

More ######### show

• MsFrizby93
    MsFrizby93 Member Posts: 77
    Options

There’s KBM adapters for console and console users use them, wow the comments yikes, no ones ever played Masters+ OW on console in here it seems or any shooter on console

• AGuyNamedKane
    AGuyNamedKane Member Posts: 71
    Options

I'd love it. Sure, I enjoy PC, but nothing beats sitting on a comfy couch playing from fifteen feet away on a 75" Ultra HD screen.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I'm cool with cross-platform play as long as we first get:

1) Cross-platform progress (this was one of the questions on the survey but I think this is super important to have).

2) Better optimization on console. I feel like PC players will have an advantage here because the game just performs way better on PC. In terms of controls I don't think it's a problem since you really don't need a mouse to aim unless you are playing Huntress or Nurse. Also the fact that, at least on Xbox, they can just enable m/kb support because it's native now (which they should do before enabling cross-play anyway).

3) An option to turn it OFF if it turns out I don't like it. Pretty sure this already exists as an option for PC players with the whole Steam/MS Store thing, but you really have to give an option to opt out.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

Only cross progression i want so i can move to PC.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

I personally don't care any more, I used to when I was hesitant and didn't want to spend an exhorbitant amount of money to switch to the PC...until I switched to the PC; thankfully I found a sale :)

I have a lot more progress on the PS4 than the PC so switching could still help me out a bunch, except I have been doing the Rift on the PC and not on the PS4 so I'm not sure if sharing progress will screw me over in that regard or not.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,989
    Options
  • thesuicidefox
    Options

Yea I thought you guys had the option to turn it off. They need to make sure this option is on all platforms so people that don't want it, or end up not liking it, can opt out.

So now all we need is them to enable m/kb support on consoles and optimize the game so it runs as smooth as PC.

And if they enable cross-platform progress I will probably end up buying the game for PC maybe mobile, and if I ever end up getting one, Switch.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited November 2019
    Options

YAY! finally, Nurse, and Huntress won't be the WORST killers on Console since they'll finally get to experience how terrifying they really are for us PC Players.

As for cross platform progression... Sure, Why not tie a single account to multiple platforms? I hate it when I have both the console and PC versions of a game, and one is more advanced in progression/plot than the other, but one of them is unavailable at the moment. Tying these together, makes it feel like no matter what you play on, you are still making progress. Otherwise you basically have to keep back tracking and playing catch up, which is not fun.

• LordGlint
    Options

They'll very likely keep that option. m/kb support would be cool, but I dont really think it'll mean as big of a difference as some think, apart from some killers. I know ive seen some PC users actually prefer a controller over m/kb and stilll preform quite well. People talk like Marth and the depip squad were just SLAYING ppl, while the guy uses a controller. Ultimately that'll likely come down to consoles getting native support for it rather than BHVR allowing it. I havent heard anything about it, but if Xbox does it now...thats neat.

• LordGlint
    Options
  • thesuicidefox
    Options

I want it because no games on Xbox actually support m/kb at the moment besides Minecraft I think, despite m/kb now being native on Xbox (I can plug in any m/kb and use menus or Edge and such). I just want to start playing with a mouse and controller, because it is the future. Analog movement is superior to WASD in pretty much every way, except maybe acceleration (since WASD is a binary on/off) but that advantage is so minimal because it takes like a millisecond to move the stick in a new direction. DBD would be a fun testing ground and practice for this new control setup. Will I stick with it? Not sure, but I really want to experiment.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

Dude we know how good these killers are. Believe it or not, there are some God tier Nurse and Huntress players on Xbox. I'm a pretty solid Huntress myself, but I know several that are way better.

It's more that due to the limits of a controller with aim it's very very rare to see players of this caliber. It's almost always assumed the killer is not that good until they prove otherwise. But it doesn't mean they CANNOT be that good.

Also if you guys on PC think the abundance of Spirit is bad now, wait until crossplay and you get all the Spirits from console. She is literally like 1 in 3 games, maybe more.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

I really hope the devs do not implement cross platform play. That would be a terrible idea.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938
    Options

Into it, just don't f me over with analog controls. I literally had a Nancy do an instant 180 during a chase. It was so odd.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

Trust me Nurse are also terrifying on consoles but are way more rare than PC.

• LordGlint
    Options

No one really claims a keyboard is better than a controller as far as movement goes, its the mouse part thats the contender. A mouse offers alot of accuracy, and precision quick movements thats not really needed for most of DBDs gameplay.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

Eh some people are really elitist and think anything controller is inferior. I personally hate using a keyboard to play video games. It's so archaic and clunky.

Also real pros play using Guitar Hero controller xD

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

I want it all, yes.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Console vs console i'm all for.

PC vs console is a no from me.

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    edited November 2019
    Options

While it could cause some problems, like certain platforms hving the advantage, I would very much like to play with friends who have the game on a different platform.

• Knots
    Knots Member Posts: 49
    Options

I play on the best case platform (PC) and the worst case platform (Nintendo Switch). I have played on xbox and ps4. I primarily play with a controller even on PC but have played extensively with KB+M. I have been to rank 1 on both of my main platforms in both roles.

Guys, the gap is not as big of a deal as you think. Mainly Nurse and Huntress are hit by KB+M. You can still do just as well in chase with a controller as with KBM and I actually find survivor to be easier to play with a controller because camera control is much more intuitive for me.

Behavior should work to get the console releases to consistent framerates but that shouldn't hold them up on enabling cross play. This community should be united. It is literally part of Behavior's design philosophy for this game to keep the community as unsplit as possible. Cross play for all platforms is the right move.

• MAV
    MAV Member Posts: 52
    Options

Lol 5 mins you shoulda been around in the early days waiting for 40 mom lobbies... Even with a full swf

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

Between consoles? Yes, cross platform would be amazing.

console-pc? Not atm, console framerates and overall performances and VERY bad, which would most likely give pc players an advantage.

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 525
    Options

If they put up an option to disable whenever I want to play killer so I don't have to face PC survivors then I'm fine with it. At least until they fix the frame rate issues.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

Absolutely yes. I don't understand why people think there is a difference between controller and keyboard in playing survivor. You don't need the fast and accurate aiming of a mouse. The keyboard advantage only applies to shooters.

It would be really nice to be able to progress on my account from my ps4 and my pc. This would also mean I could play the game with my main account (pc) with my ps4 friends. I would 100% be willing to lose my ps4 save in order to use my pc account as the singular save file shared between the two.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

Even then Ive played Fortnite cross play previous when it came out on my console against PC players and it wasn't as noticeable as i'd though

• TheHourMan
    Options

I play pc games using a ps4 controller and have never performed badly in shooters. Even Deathgarden, which is mich harder to track targets than your typical shooter.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

Aye this is why I don't think its necessarily a big thing the PC vs Console anymore

• TheHourMan
    Options

Especially with the motion sensors in the ps4 controller. You can be every bit as accurate as a mouse.