Wasted Potential.

TheSkreechingDeath
TheSkreechingDeath Member Posts: 36

It's quite a shame that Hawken and BLR died. I remember when the Hawken servers were full (ahh good times). Evolve Stage 2 as well, though it has 500 players a day; pretty impossible to find a game.

Comments

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405

Wanna talk about wasted potential. Gotta bring up gigantic, I miss that game so much. They had to shut down the servers, I lost a lot of friends when they did that. Really interesting game and I wish it lasted longer.

• TheSkreechingDeath

@Techn0 said:
    Wanna talk about wasted potential. Gotta bring up gigantic, I miss that game so much. They had to shut down the servers, I lost a lot of friends when they did that. Really interesting game and I wish it lasted longer.

I never played it, but I just did some glancing and PWE was involved so I'm assuming that's where it went wrong. The publishers now-a-days are so money hungry they ruin incredible games.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405

@TheSkreechingDeath said:

@Techn0 said:

I never played it, but I just did some glancing and PWE was involved so I'm assuming that's where it went wrong. The publishers now-a-days are so money hungry they ruin incredible games.

Yep, game couldn't get a big enough playerbase being that it was something unique in a market filled with MOBAs. PWE completely cut off the funding and let off the developers.

• TheSkreechingDeath

@Techn0 said:

@TheSkreechingDeath said:

@Techn0 said:

Yep, game couldn't get a big enough playerbase being that it was something unique in a market filled with MOBAs. PWE completely cut off the funding and let off the developers.

What a shame.

• NotSure
    NotSure Member Posts: 41

@Techn0 said:

The death of Gigantic made me insanely sad. I actually played that game a ton, it's a shame it never caught on. I hope other less popular games that I play(like Darwin Project) don't go down that path.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

Battleborn and Awesomenaute rest in spaghetti never forgeti

• Steebear
    Steebear Member Posts: 105

Nosgoth is the big sadness for me, great community, greatly missed.