Balance Discussion: Limiting SWF

2»

Comments

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

But what IS the definition of “beat” for you?

killing all 4? Killing more than 1? Pipping at least once??

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

All they need is an action speed decrease the more friends you have. It won't affect solo's and people can still play with their friends but it makes it more fair to the killer

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

WOAH. Imagine that with perks that tremendously slow the game down: Ruin (kinda) Thanat w Sloppy, etc…

• HamdaN
    HamdaN Member Posts: 343

my god dude do you also try to get pro athletes “toned down” because they have access to the comms of the staff during games? its like asking for their tounges to be cut out before the game. its a horrible excuse. just get better

• xRem
    xRem Member Posts: 375
    edited November 2019

Dont even understand that analogy for 1,

It's a game not a sport and it's a game where perks that are equipped and could be replaced with perks that could win games.

And if you see spirit Just get better lul, see how that works? I mean if you see prayer beads spirit just player better right?

I didn't ask for their tounges to be cut off, I asked for them to be balanced, they have multiple perks built in just because. Imagine if killers had perks built in, pop, ruin, bbq or any other top tier perk just built in because of how they qued.

Play better lol

• terumisan

Yea but swf has the advantage of coordination they need some type of downside that they can't circumvent

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I gave one idea, Im not sure. You cant buff Solo to equal Swf.

But how about...you can add 1 more perks for +1man in SWF? Killer gets 5 perks for 2men SWF, 7 for full team SWF

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@mistar_z

I wouldn’t call SWF “Easy” maybe “Coordinated” and sometimes even SWF becomes a hinderance because you’re trying to explain something to a teammate and wasting time while doing so.

I can’t even count how many times I’ve heard “I thought you said he was on you!” While playing with friends.

At the end of the day skill trumps SWF, if you have no skill no amount of communication is going to help you outplay/outrun the killer. If the killer is bad he/she was already doomed from the start. Same with survivors.

• Muntcuffinz
    Muntcuffinz Member Posts: 18

Yeah SWF is a joke. Nowadays I just stop playing killer til reset once I get into the purple/red ranks. A good SWF team is absolutely broken and really needs to be addressed

• monstermaster42
    monstermaster42 Member Posts: 81

80% of red rank players are sweaty tryhards, that's why they're in the red ranks, they care that much, both sides are gonna be sweaty SWF or not, red rank players are the toxic ones most of the time so its a moot point, the real point is a good killer has no need to be afraid of SWF, the info they can share is pretty negligible most times and SWF are more likely to sacrifice themselves for a friend so i see no real downside

• PandaChris
    PandaChris Member Posts: 140

The dbd devs put themselves into a hole where they introduced SWF due to popular demand but didnt think in the long run how communication would give such a distinct advantage over killers and solo players.

Now because of how the system has been for so long. Swf players see any nerf as punishment for something theyve had the benefit of for so long. Rather then seeing it as balance for the game.

I dont think limiting swf to groups of 2 would work. They just need to put in a voice communication system into the game. Then give the killer some tweaks to detection and chase. Like lower terror radius or red glow or lower chase music.

• terumisan

They needed to lower the chase music for a long time I can barely hear footsteps with how loud the music is

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

I saw nothing wrong with 4 man teams being forced to play KYF, they can play as a team and maybe leave the toxic crap out of the game since they will be playing another friend.

Why does it have to be a 4 friend premade ROFL stomping some random guy who just wants to play the game. Or its just not fun for the SWF.

SWF limited to 2 seems fine. It definately would take take the unfairness out of swf for the killers.

• SenatorAcadia
    SenatorAcadia Member Posts: 72

It's Survive with Friends not Survive with some 13 year old who is gonna tell me I suck the whole game. I don't need him to tell me that. I already know.

I'm solo 90% of the time. When I get some friends to play it's a treat. But we all suck and it's a laugh to play.

Anyway you slice it, the game is based on isolation and swf breaks that but if it is as bad as everyone lets on it will get addressed.

And, like every thread in here, it doesn't matter what your experience is.

The plural of anecdote is not data.

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270

This is such a bad idea I'm half expecting you to come out and say 'joking.' the only fun part about this game for many people is playing with their friends, take that away and I along with half the playerbase disappears

• Athanar90
    Athanar90 Member Posts: 123

Super easy fix.

Automatically pair SWF groups against higher-rank killers, scale it based on the ranks of the survivors. So 3 people all at 16 would go against a 12 or 13 rank killer, for example. Stop scaling at high enough levels, around 8 or so.

And no matter what, any SWF group should be in a lobby based on their highest member. Three rank 20's and a rank 1? Rank 1 killer.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

For the sake of the lively hood of the game, no just no.

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

Git gud lol baby player gg eazy I play spirit because im gud

• Venoxxie
    Venoxxie Member Posts: 300

No. Just no.

The game is not even meant to be competitive, regardless of how many people see it that way, and not all SWFs are tryhards or don't always perfectly work together and win. It's a casual game, people have more than just one friend they want to play with, people want to be able to talk and laugh with their friends while playing, etc. If you want a competitive DbD game, go make your own and disallow SWF entirely.

I don't want to be told "Sorry, you can't have an online social life because killers are sweaty for a 4k every single round."

I don't think the game should cater to killers like that, not saying it should cater to survivors either (hence needing balance) but it's a casual game. Take a chill pill and relax. Let friends play with friends, you can't always win. So sorry.

• CloakedDagger1
    CloakedDagger1 Member Posts: 181

People like to play games with their friends and what’s bad about this is a kyf only works well if you have 5 people not 4 because there’s only 3 to kill and you don’t make any points from it you don’t eat any xp or achievements from it so you’re restricting the game for a lot of people who will only leave it and then their friends would leave it then their friends friends so you see where I’m going with this

• Rikashi
    Rikashi Member Posts: 3

Wow the same thing that's in several threads won't happen the game would die

• BrokenCondoms
    BrokenCondoms Member Posts: 2

I truly can not comprehend the entitlement of killers in this game. I think a lot of you need to go play as survivor for a little while because you act like survivor in a group makes you invulnerable to damage or something. I thought when i switched to playing as a killer main that i was going to have a whole new perspective on the game and finally understand where some of this survivor hate was coming from. Nope. Killers have a significant advantage over survivors. You are literally an unkillable murder machine. Survivors are never guaranteed an escape but if i want a kill as killer i have every tool at my disposal to make that happen. Red hatchet mori huntress. The spirit in general. Tunneling and camping survivors. And now you want to argue that survivors queueing together is overpowered? That's just nuts. I couldn't even imagine this thought process being entertained on any other games forum, let alone being supported. Hell, i cant read a post about reworking moris without a killer commentating "WhAT AbOUt KeYs?!!" Like they are even comparable. Just stop. Play the game and have some fun. If you cant do that as an unstoppable killer like i did then its not the survivors fault.

• U must sweat over your keyboard if you’re trying to be competitive while playing. SWF is c a n c e r. You get harassed if you kill them, or if you lose. And I can tell you right now, the game would NOT die whatsoever.

• nicknack
    nicknack Member Posts: 253
    edited April 2020

While i agree with what you say... Changing the shack is not a good idea infact its not even that good. God loops are getting looked at but shack is fine.also adrenalin is fine right now and most of the times is situatinol.

• nicknack
    nicknack Member Posts: 253

Bahahahaha...... Oh your not kidding. If this happened over half the player base would leave just because some people on the forums Said "oh you want to play with your freinds well if your over 2 people you go into a custom match". Dude play solo q and you'll see absolute hell. People shouldn't be denied to play with friends. They want to play together and earn points so let them be. Chill and take a break if your brain is seriously this fried over this.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Uhmm. Did you notice that my comment is half a year old? And yes, adrenaline is situational if you play solo. If you play in SWF you can know beforehand when adrenaline is becoming active (specially if you go in a 4 SWF team). A 15 second timer as an example would improve the experience for killers. There are times that a survivor in a SWF will do something risky just because they know that the last gen will pop up in no time, just to escape in front of the killer eyes.

Adrenaline is unfair because it rewards you by insta-healing yourself and running at 150% per five seconds. Meaning it has two effects, and let's suppose you play inmersively, meaning you barely touch the gens, you get a reward for something that your team did, not you.

• PayneMacLeod
    PayneMacLeod Member Posts: 81

I don’t know what SWF means.

But, I can say this: communication with certain people is a detriment to the game and the spirit of the game.

Youre SUPPOSED to feel isolated and alone against a deranged killer. I love the fact that there is no talking, and you can only communicate with two gestures.

Other than that, it’s just an out of game team up to feel good about yourself and try to get one over on the other people.

It’s not fair to the other survivors and it’s certainly not fair to the person playing the killer. It’s an unfair advantage.

I have no problems with team ups, body blocking, and other things like that, that are within the game and within the spirit of the game. But a third party com system, just to gain and outside advantage, in my opinion, just isn’t cool

This discussion has been closed.