The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DBD as we know it is over !!!

I think these challenges are the end of DBD as we know it. This battle pass is super unfair, 10 euros + enormous grind..but I have an option not to buy it, right? Right. So I can then play regular games and dont care about the Rift and these challenges? WRONG! Why? Because everyone else is doing it..and so regular games are no existent right now. Everyone focuses on their challenges, wasting pallets, following you everywhere to heal you, killers use Mori, camping basement etc etc... So you tell me I can ignore these challenges? See, I cant sadly. And in 2 weeks we will have another Tome level..wow..so its never ending. Am I missing something or DBD is not the same game anymore because of this messed up Rift and Tomes? I hate it..I paid for it..And I regret it now :( Just consider Rocket pass or any other Battle pass..this is the worst one I have ever seen. But thats not even the point. The point is that these challenges are stupid and the balance is out of the window even for regular players. Sorry for my English, Im in hurry :) Am I missing something or is it all really as bad as it seems to me right now?

Comments

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,098

while i do agree with you that some challenges are kinda dumb like dropping pallets and such, I don't believe the grind is awful. Compared to games like apex's battle pass where the grind was around double this one with only a 20 day difference in time.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

Wow, so dramatic ? A fun new feature was added to a video game.. Prepare for the end of the world!!

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Did we ever had regular games? Whats a regular game for you?

Rotschilds bought the game and now is dead omg devs sellouts!!!

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

In regards to Challenges, I usually communicate it.

It took me 3 games for the first one (two heals in one match). I told everyone I am attempting it.

To comment on your opinion about Killers using Mori's and camping the basement. I mean.. Is that any different than DBD the past 3 years?

It's rank reset, the worst time to play DBD. I've been playing for 1.5 hours and I am in purple ranks already. Just rank up, and hope you get some good survivors in your lobby.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

This is the same with many other battle passes. Simple example is fortnite since I know it fairly well. Challenges are released every thursday and for that full day people are just doing challenges, but by Friday most people are back to playing normal again.

Now add the same idea to dead by daylight. They release the tome yesterday meaning people are just going mad to do their challenges, but by Thursday or Friday most people will be done. Don't play for a day or two and it'll be back to normal.

Lastly dead by daylight won't die to something as stupid as the challenges lol

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

It's a bit funny. Many people (mostly Killers) complained, that gens get done too quick or the game is too fast going. Now that all people have something else to do, they still complain.

I agree that some challenges are just stupid and provoke bad play, but honestly: I see killers tunneling, camping, mori'ing all the time, so why complain about some basement hooks now? It will always be a bit chaotic at the release of a new level, because everyone Hase the same challenge, but after a few days it will get better. Everyone completes them at their own pace.

• Venoxxie
    Venoxxie Member Posts: 300

I feel the point of these challenges are to give players something else to achieve besides the achievements. It also gets people to play in a way or with perks outside their comfort zone to give you a CHALLENGE!

If people are wasting pallets though or running to heal you or whatever then they are wasting their time. Sure, a lot of people just want to smack each challenge out of the way so that way they can immediately start on the next tier when it starts but they don't realize they'll get these challenges done by playing regularly too. These challenges are also meant for people who have the TIME for them while still actually playing the game the way it is intended.

But just keep playing and deal with it. If someone wants to heal you, let them (unless the killer is coming for you obviously) or if someone needs to throw a pallet, okay whatever (I've seen people waste pallets long before the archives were even announced earlier this year in the roadmap stream). No, you can't ignore them but oh well.

Also, the battle pass stuff has NOTHING to do with the challenges. Dunno what it has to do with the challenges, the pass just gives you cosmetics and serum to get skins, you don't need it for challenges. Dunno why you're complaining about that part, you had the chance to look through it before buying it to see if it's worth it or not.

In the end, this won't kill DbD... no... the bugs in game and Devs not caring about the community will if anything.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

Rest assured this piggy is playing normally the challenges will get done but not at the expense of those I play with or against I think people act like it needs to be done with in a day or two that's the problem mainly I see.

Just want to give thanks to you red ranks I've had the pleasure to play with on ps4, I nearly made it so been vrsing alot of you guys thanks to reset and playing more than normal.

I've had some truly wonderful messages saying thanks for the fun matches and no tunneling camping etc it shocked me greatly to receive positive messages it means alot 🐷💖

Keep it positive remember these challenges will come be respectful to those you play with and against and have fun in the fog.

🐖

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254

Uhh isnt Apex a f2p game? Would be pretty silly to defend the grind in DBD by comparing it to a f2p game.

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268

I agree that these tasks are pretty awful, but there's always been a game in this bug that people come back to.

My friend wanted to SWF, and I said, "ok, but I'm sabotaging the game". Game 2 I get the Shape to chase me almost the entire game as I dropped 9 pallets, and for some reason he broke every one. The end result was that all other Survivors escaped right as I was getting hooked. So I really just sabotaged my own game.

Then I played killer and spent devastating amount of time getting survivors in the basement. I hooked the same survivor twice down there and wasn't sure that was enough, so I found a different survivor to guarantee I got the task done. End result was 2-3 escapes. Pretty bad for my Wraith gameplay, but they did find Ruin early on and I did waste a lot of time going to the basement multiple times.

• NoMitherPlayer
    NoMitherPlayer Member Posts: 174

You're missing something. In fortnite there has been a battle pass for years. And that's the best game. Playing a regular good games + challenges both is great. That game wasn't rewarding enough. If players can't manage to do their challenges and play well that means they're not that good anyways (same result)

• Blendette
    Blendette Member Posts: 2

Rank reset just happened on the same day as tome 2 challenges so expect alot of not very cash money players

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

I think the only way to fix it is by separating players. A casual mode to complete challenges and the normal mode where you can't finish challenges.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Also I hope you learned your lesson. NEVER buy something instantly. You had 70 days to think about it, why rushing it?

• Jimsalabim
    Jimsalabim Member Posts: 641
    edited November 2019

I agree with you on some points, altough this game needs a lot more than just extended dailies in the form of challenges. In essence it's just you doing a thing more frequently (and thus not doing gens unless that's a challenge) while waisting time.

I've seen matches go weirdly because people focus on that goal without doing gens. I've said it from the beginning that this could be a problem and here we are.

I agree that it gives you something to go for even though it is still dull because nothing is really new. It gives you that false sense of change which will only last for so long..

The game is stale after 3 years of the same game mode and little to no changes to the way you have to play. There is little fun added... a lot of cosmetics though. Granted cosmetcis give you sometimes that idea of "oh cool i want that" but it wears off pretty fast.

• Knots
    Knots Member Posts: 49

The core game I fell in love with is still there. We are all free to ignore challenges. Relax.

• nerfeverything
    nerfeverything Member Posts: 52

We need more of this in the community. What a rare and beautiful thing.

• BigFatClown
    BigFatClown Member Posts: 45
    edited November 2019

Jesus ######### Christ. Who the ######### cares? Boo hoo, you’re a rank twenty who can’t get good teammates, so you’re gonna go post on the DBD forums about this ######### nobody cares about.

The people just farming for their challenges will go down. It already has a lot. That’s just how it works. We don’t need you on the forums posting about how, “the game is ruined!!11!!!! evil bhvr ruining our game!!!11111”

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

Yeah, kill a survivor challenge is so much fun and interactive! And when they bring a red Mori you all gonna get killed because of the challenge! How fun!

• Brexton
    Brexton Member Posts: 2

Also - Fortnite usually has 100 players in each game. DBD has 5. If a chunk of players are doing challenges in Fortnite, it's not that big a deal. But in DBD, 2 or 3 people focusing on challenges pretty much throws off the whole trial.

tangent: And it wouldn't be a bad thing for killers to play something other than Trapper every now and then.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Sounds like you insinuate that killers are complaining about challenges. If so, how you know that it is a killer main? Actually I would say the thread opener is a survivor. At least I wouldnt complain as killer about wasted pallets. Also I never heard about survivors complaining about gen speed

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Just make a post to look for a SWF that wants to play the game as it should whyle challenges get done by themselves, that's what I did and I'm really enjoying the new content

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

I must admit the challenges lead to an unhealthy playstlye in most of the matches atm. I thought long about why they do challenges that force you to do things in terms of powering through instead of do them as "second objective". The challenges should be more like the one: get 20 gold medals or higher. So you can enjoy a normal game.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

Yes, I'm fine with that. I like this game at its core. It's a simple game that is about 50% skill and 50% RNG which is why I don't take it very seriously. However, it has a grind aspect to it that keeps me playing. So as long as they can incorporate something, whether the challenge by like a daily, or something new, I'm all for it.

I don't know what rank you are but I know that anything between 10 - 15 for me is frustrating as a solo survivor. Once you get to purple and red it normalizes somewhat so all the BS you get in the lower levels don't happen so much. It's probably because the skill is higher so the time it takes one person to do an additional objective is mitigated by the skill of other survivors. That's not to say that it's just as easy as without the challenges, it's just not a cluster #########. I do get what you're saying tho.

I do agree that something different should be implemented to shake things up, but that's an entirely different discussion.

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367

Well it strikes me that one possible solution is to keep the ranking system but use it for trials called "regulars", that means no pipping, depipping just safety pips. Blood points would still be awarded dependent on objectives etc completed, but it would allow particpants to work on challenges knowing they are in a regular match and their rank isnt going to be affected. Whilst this may sound like why not use KYF, it is not as players would still need to form in the lobby for the regular trials. The ranked trials would continue alongside but nothing would count towards completing challenges.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

It is a fair criticism that players that just want to play the game normally are going to be impacted by these challenges. I personally like the challenges. Even ones that promote doing dumb things like throwing down 15 pallets while being chased by the killer. If the objective is dumb, it is still an objective. Call me crazy, but I like working towards a goal. But I do see the OP's point. Not everyone enjoys them. Is it going to kill the game though? Nah. Players will adapt to the new normal. Challenges that are particularly hideous can be changed in the future.