Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New Survivor Speculations

While it's pretty clearly going to be Rin's dad as the new killer (raging oni killer? I'm down), I haven't heard anyone talk or speculate on the new survivor yet. Then I had a really strange, out there thought that probably isn't going to happen, but what if?

What if the new survivor is Rin Yamaoka?! That would be kind of freaking awesome and also a big first in DBD, having the same person be both a survivor and a killer! I can even see it sort of happening in the Entity's realm and taken from another angle, Rin's backstory kind of qualifies as a survivor backstory too imo. This is just heavy speculation/out there thinking and tbh I would be mindblown if this actually ended up being the case.

Thoughts? Opinions? Other speculations???

Comments

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

I don't want it to be Rin but I do want another female.

• TheEvilKit
    TheEvilKit Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2019

I'm sort of torn tbh, it would be absolutely fascinating to see a killer as they were when they were a human. On the other hand, how do you even parse the fact the killer version can kill their survivor version? Kind of jarring and... meta I guess? That's the only word I can think of when describing the can of worms it would open.

We also did just get Jane as the last OG survivor, so next seems more likely to be a male survivor? It is more of a 50/50 though

• XxkuroxshiroxX
    XxkuroxshiroxX Member Posts: 76

But wouldn't Rin's Dad be way too obvious? Behaviour loves to fool us when it comes to speculating who the killer is and leaks. Maybe it's like the first Yamaoka, Rin's ancestor? Because this katana belongs to him anyways

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Pretty sure it's their ancestor (who's a male) who owns the mask.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
  • TheEvilKit

That is true, and it would prove rage runs in the family. On the other hand the teaser IS set directly in the Yamaoka Estate House, and the way her father was described in Rin's backstory it was more surprising he wasn't the killer.

On the other hand, it being Rin's ancestor kinda makes it feel even more likely they would use her as a survivor? Or perhaps her father as the survivor then, for even more sweet revengence occurring in the Entity's realm.

• AkiTheKitten
    AkiTheKitten Member Posts: 670

What about Momma Yamaoka? I wanna find out more about her

• TheEvilKit

Well her mother didn't actually die, just fall ill. Rereading Rin's lore again gosh dang if her father isn't a literal example of becoming a killer the Entity pulls in.

And I quote the wiki "That's when he started losing sleep. A dark whisper would keep him awake all night, reminding him of his hopeless situation. Exhausted, he started to lose grasp of reality. Fighting to deny what the voice whispered at night, Rin's father made a desperate move."

• Snow_Lep
    Snow_Lep Member Posts: 305
    edited November 2019

I believe the killer would be an ancestor, I saw a thing where they gave some lore to the yamoaka estate or such where it said the land was won by an ancestor who came in and won a war/battle with a raging fury (paraphrasing cause I don't have the pic).

They would be good doing a samurai type killer who bears an oni mask. Plenty of interpretations for the power and the perks to match, as well as a good long line of cosmetics to match a samurai and oni mask.

This is just my speculation.

The survivor will more than likely be a curveball similar to adam unless they get clever with it

• Snow_Lep
    Snow_Lep Member Posts: 305
    edited November 2019

Update: FOUND IT IN MY DISCORD

From what I was told and info given on this: This Lore was updated on the wiki, and had a different lore prior to them releasing the teaser of the Chapter 14 update.

^ That is why I speculate the killer being an ancestor who was a samurai and wears an Oni mask.

• TheEvilKit

That's actually pretty fascinating, never seen it before. Perhaps an ancestral possession sort of thing? There is of course clear precedent for killers being pulled from ancient times because of Plague, so not far fetched at all for it to be the actual ancestor.

It does kind of convince me even more that the survivor is going to be some kind of Yamaoka, although I suppose we could get another curveball like Adam to pair with the killer.

• JakConstantine
    JakConstantine Member Posts: 118

I don't believe they'll have a survivor in the next chapter since we have 2 in the last one and 3 extra perks for survivors because there was 2 of them. Just a stand alone killer and maybe a new map, map reworks or both.

• TheEvilKit

I disagree, the Ghostface dlc had 0 survivors and then Stranger Things had 2 survivors to make up for it. Also I'm pretty sure every OG killer released has come with a companion survivor release, it's really only Licensed killers that tend to break the mold of killer+survivor