Name one overrated and underrated perk

Options

I’ll start

Killer:

Overrated- save the best for last

Even on killers who can hit the obsession without m1, this perk rarely helps. Survivors still get enough speed to make a loop or pallet.

Underrated- Monitor and Abuse

This perk is just always good. It allows you to get a hit before the survivor can run and is especially good on one shot killers. It’s also effective for high mobility killers, especially post nerf Nurse.

Survivor:

Overrated- Iron will

A good killer can track without the grunts of pain by using footsteps, scratches, and blood. It is still a decent perk but not quite as good as some think.

Underrated- Plunderer’s Instinct

This perk is good on two levels: it can give you a great item like a key or health kit, and the killer isn’t tipped off by items to bring Franklin’s. Very few things can swing the match over to survivors better than a key.

Name your overrated and underrated perks.

Comments

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453
    Options

Killer:

Overrated: Ruin

Survivors can easily destroy 1 of your perk slots in the first 18 seconds and good survivors can counter it by hitting dem skillchecks.

underrated: Unnerving ( for my doc build)

Survivor:

Overrated Ds: can be avoided and is not guaranteed to trigger since you could miss your skill check which makes this a bad perk for new players.

underrated: This can’t be happening/ Stakeout- The best to help you hit great skill checks and a counter to ruin.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Oh okay, this is neat.

Survivor

Overrated
    • Dead Hard
    Underrated
    • We'll Make It

Killer

Overrated
    • Hex: Ruin
    Underrated
    • Territorial Imperative
  • humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,780
    Options

I know its bad but up the ante is underated hell just having it has won me games before

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,780
    Options
  • Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,049
    Options

Overrated for killer: Iron grasp

Underrated for killer: Beast of prey

Overrated for survivor: Self-care

Underrated for survivor: Calm spirit

• Hex_BoopTheSnoot
    Hex_BoopTheSnoot Member Posts: 151
    Options

Overrated: BBQ & Chilli

Underrated: Surveillance

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

Overrated: Dead Hard. It gives you like 1 inch of space and while it can help you make some windows/pallets and maybe save you at the gate killers can easily predict you using it and just wait to attack in most cases.

Underrated: Autodidact. One of the coolest perks in my opinion, although I'll admit it can hurt you in some situations and it is super RNG-based with getting the skill checks, it's basically watered down instaheals without needing a medkit if you can get 5 stacks

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Killer:

Overrated - ruin

Underrated - dying light

Survivor:

Overrated - adrenaline

Underrated - spine chill

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,779
    Options

Overrated killer perk; Any hex perk. All easily found and destroyed any time.

Underrated killer perk; Monitor and Abuse. Its lethal on some killers like Myers.

Overrated survivor perk; Dead Hard. Once the killer knows you have it they will bait it out and expect it.

Underrated survivor perk; Bond. The information this gives you can save lives, including your own.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

Dead hard isn't really supposed to be used like that. It's best to just use it for distance, especially since dedicated servers make it not work half the time and you still get downed exhausted.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

Killer:

Overrated: Hex: Ruin (usually gone within the first few minutes, leaving you with 3 perks and gens being done incredibly fast from that point in time onwards. also heavily reliant on RNG in form of totem spawns. on top of that, it's effects can be avoided just by hitting great skillchecks)

Underrated: Discordance (shows you exactly where you need to apply pressure to get the most out of it. if you manage to scare multiple survivors off a gen, that leaves at least 50% of the team with no objective progression, slowing down the game. very effective on killers with high map mobility, however also a strong tracking tool for stealth killers)

Survivor:

Overrated: Decisive Strike (i am not saying it'd be a weak perk, i just think its a little overrated. like, you only get it to work if the killer is tunneling you off the hook and even then its a one time only use and can be easily avoided by simply slugging the survivor. still not a weak perk, as it basically gives you 60 seconds of all the freedome you need, since the killer wont be able to punish you for misplays. even if said misplay would be hookfarming the other dude from the hook, which can be very annoying to face as killer - if both have DS. still, avoidable by slugging.)

Underrated: Plunderers Instinct (keys.)

• krowzar
    krowzar Member Posts: 66
    Options

KILLER

Overrated: NoED

Underrated: Sloppy butcher

SURVIVOR

Overrated: Balanced landing(map reliant)

Underrated: Inner strength(counters every anti heal perk in the game)

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 582
    Options

Ooo this is fun and interesting, I wanna play!

But don't have time right now, gonna have to come back later! lol

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

Overrated: Barbeque and Chili

Underrated: Spine Chill

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,779
    Options

But that is the way it is predominantly used regardless of how it is intended.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

I mean at high ranks it's used for that little extra boost to reach a window or pallet, but sure, people who don't know about it probably don't use it like that.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Killer

Overrated- Discordance. Only useful on high mobility killers. Taking this perk on a low mobility killer means you're just highlighting the next gen that will pop before you can walk over to it.

Underrated- Agitation. I get free hits or downs with it in almost every Hag game.