Controller / Keyboard & Mouse?

Hello runners!
I'm going to buy a Playstation in a soon future and I'm wondering if it would be worth it to try playing Dead by Daylight (on PC) with a controller. What I'm curious about is if you are not a bit disadvantaged using a controller - turning around, lunges etc.

Please let me know if you've ever played with controller, I will welcome anything ^^

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Playing killer there is literally no reason to switch to controller, you will just have problems aiming, especially with nurse/huntress and against 360ing survivors.

As survivor you dont need to aim precisely and you are totally fine looping with a controller

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

In my experience, it won't affect your survivor gameplay. Survivor gameplay is mostly just knowledge of the game, movement (not any harder with a controller), and skill check timing (not any harder with a controller). As killer though, it can be a little bit more difficult against good survivors. If they make a sharp turn as you're about to swing, it can throw off your aim. Normally it's pretty easy to track them with a mouse, but depending on your controller sensitivity, you might have a hard time tracking them.

Nurse is probably where you'll notice it most. It's much harder to adjust your chain blinks to stay on them.

Totally possible either way though, there's a learning curve to using the controller. Some people are naturals with it, some (like me) are so used to mouse/keyboard that we struggle with the controller.

• HP_Refill
    HP_Refill Member Posts: 29
    I always found it best to use a controller for survivor. I can still 360 on it with the right sensitivity. As for killer, I always use keyboard and mouse as it is easier to catch slippery survivors. Used to play killer with controller, but once I tried keyboard and mouse I don’t think I’ll ever go back.