Devs, Can we leave Spirit's collision untouched?

Lets face it, the current "suggested" changes for Spirit are somewhat okay. Prayer Beads now making a map wide WHOOOSH sounds odd, but whatever. Removing her collision means also no more interruption, if it's a gen with two or more people who can work on it. Wasn't that also a sweet jump scare factor? It has nothing to do with prayer beads, which made this a lot easier. Also bumping into someone always had this "Am I stuck or is there someone" breaks phase and ... DANG I was stuck or DANG there you are ;)

I'd say leave the collision intact. If not, give her something in return like better tracking of scratch marks or blood being a tad more visible or footsteps/breathing a tad louder

Comments

• HamdaN
    HamdaN Member Posts: 343

lmaoooooo

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

The collision only gave The Spirit free hits on survivors unlucky enough to bump into her while she was invisible. This will only increase her skillceiling (even if it isn't by much).

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295

This is the main change I'm happy with and your post is pretty much why. Speaking from experience I know I'm garbage at Spirit but even in purple ranks and sometimes red I could consistently 4k with her just by doing the collision method instead of actually playing her normally. I always felt like it wasn't intended because I'm not trying to guess where survivors go I literally just run into them and worst case scenario I just have to chase them down another 5-10 seconds because I didn't run into them and they don't go far usually.

I definitely was using some addons as a crutch as well regarding quicker charge speed for phase. To me Spirit felt like she should be restricted to players who want to master her like Nurse rather than someone just looking for a way around on how to use her power for cheap kills.

Am I trashing on myself here? Definitely. Although since I won't be able to do this method anymore I'll either be forced to learn her properly or play other killers. Likely I just won't play her again though because I never found her fun to play in the first place. I don't see the collision change affecting good Spirit players though.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

ah good no more cheap first hits

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    edited November 2019

I dont mind. When i run into someone during a phase it always messes me up, otherwise the sounds do more for me to locate people than any collision can. The only time collision was a positive was gen grab build which these changes gutted.

Biggest nerf was the post phase lunge. Also RIP Yakuyoke Amulet, no one is using that thing now.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I mean it won't affect the actual good spirit players so i don't mind it being removed, besides it was always a little awkward when you couldn't move both as a survivor and when playing spirit.

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

My only problem with it is wondering how many bugs is gonna cause. Like. What if you reappear on top of the survivor and they're just attached to you for the rest of the trial?

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    edited November 2019

That'll remain to be seen. It might be similar to when myers stalks where he loses collision but can still be stunned.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174

They won't have a problem, plenty of killers already turn off collision, when Michael or ghostface stalk they have no collision, and when a killer hits a survivor, so you can stand inside a stalking Michael and if he stops, you still stand in him, and if either of you move, there is no collision until you are fully seperate.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    1. You already have enough tells to know where a survivor is.
    2. The no collision might end up buffing her, letting her cut off survivors at loops easier.
  • anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Not at all.

Collision gave people free hits for no reason. You just bumped into someone who you didn't know was there, or you would've already unphased to hit them.

Getting a gen grab and removing 1/3 of a survivor's game with 0 chance to react isn't "a sweet jump scare," it's an utterly unfair and frustrating event that removes all chance for survivors to actually show any skill at the game. (And no, bringing a mandatory perk to play fairly against a killer is not an acceptable balancing-point.)

At the very least now, you still have a chance to guess the correct side of the gen, and if not it's still a scare to have her appear directly on top of you whether it's a grab or not.

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

No, the collision NEEDS to be removed.

• Bleediss
    Bleediss Member Posts: 130

Well, speaking as someone who can confidently call themselves a Spirit main now, collision would often give me a hit on a survivor I didn't deserve because I randomly bumped into them while not even knowing they were there, or I would bump into someone right before I was already going to end my phasing, which is a bit silly honestly.

On the flip side, collision has kind of annoyed me when I phase through a pallet and someone is camping it, you end your phasing, and then before you can M1 them you get pallet stunned.

Now imagine that scenario without collision.

I can now walk through the survivor and hit them outside of the pallet so they can't stun me.

Even better, I now don't have to walk around debris to make a guess on which side of the pallet they're going to drop it on. I can literally, with a snap of my fingers, make a quick guess with no collision by simply walking through them and choosing a side.

But wait, why even guess? No collision means the survivor has zero feedback on when to drop the pallet.

Collision means from the survivor's perspective, the moment they feel collision, they drop the pallet and Spirit gets stunned. No collision doesn't give them that opportunity and now it becomes a guessing game for them of when to drop the pallet on top of which side to drop it on.

I feel like many aren't seeing how powerful that is in a chase, though. Too much focus on free hits via collision while ignoring how much more power goes to the Spirit player in certain chase scenarios.

• AkiTheKitten
    AkiTheKitten Member Posts: 670

Always look at the positive rather than the negative

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

You should still be able to get gen grabs even with this change. If you hear people working on a gen and they're not stopping, appear and you can see where they are and get a grab in time.

Bumping into survivors by accident and being unable to retrace your steps vs Spirit is not good gameplay.

• Captain
    Captain Member Posts: 39

"Prayer Beads now making a map wide WHOOOSH sounds odd, but whatever."

Right there I cannot take you seriously. You do not know that removing a phasing sound she cannot use her most powerful build anymore.