The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

what is going on with PS4

I tried playing with two friends tonight and we got three games in two hours. Then we all went solo to see if match making would go faster and I'm getting matched with level 18 and 19s when I'm 8. Anyone else having these issues?

Comments

• MegaGamer_01
    MegaGamer_01 Member Posts: 172

Im on ps4 as well so i know what's going on my dude

1. People are always queuing to go killer so that may have a factor
    2. It's not level match making it your rank. You may see a level 5 dwight but that's for the character not the player
    3. the time you play can affect queue times as well so don't even try to play at 4 in the morning]

Hope that helped

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Yeah I was talking about player rank - I got matched with players ranked 17-19 while being rank 8. I'm not talking about individual character levels. And it was between 7 and 9 pm so the game shouldn't be deserted.

• WINTERS
    WINTERS Member Posts: 127

I play solo and wait like 5 mins tops but sometimes I get an error. I am currently rank 11 and it shouldn't take this long. I mainly play killer, but because of the challenges, I am finishing off my survivor one's.

The queues for killer are practically instant.

• meatisadelicacy

Last week it was taking me at least 10 minutes to get a killer game. Today it was instantly. Survivor usually goes quickly for me but today was a nightmare. I wonder if the challenges are throwing off the balance of the game.

• meatisadelicacy

I'm central too and I've never had it be like this before. Usually there are times where it just completely drops off for me and I can't get a game or late at night it takes a while for sure, but I've never seen it take so long and then have absolutely garbage matchmaking.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    edited November 2019

There is also a well known issue where certain players can't join any lobbies at all or host a public match. It always happens EITHER with surv or killer. I have never seen the issue effect both. It has nothing to do with player count.

This problem has been present since the game first came out and nobody seems to know exactly what causes it. Usually it lasts for a few days, then disappears.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

The way the matchmaking works is you can get a killer within 6 ranks of the highest ranked survivor in the que with you.. ex...if your rank 1 and your buddy is 10.. lowest ranked killer you can get is rank 7... but these rules dont apply to ranks 16-20 because devs dont want the newer players to wait long in queues... so they make the games suck instead lol

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

Im currently rank 3 again and even at prime time I get queued with the same killers over and over again. Waiting times for me are 5 min upwards. It really give me the feeling that less ppl want to play stressful killer.

So I go playing killer for that reason. And the teams I get are always above my rank what leaves an feeling of unfairness. At least I get fast games. Oh and you can only play certain killers because otherwise they dc. So Im not "allowed" to play spirit, hillbilly or ghostface and some addon combs with perks. Strange dbd world....

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

When you're playing with 2 friends, you're forced to look for that one solo player. I imagine most on PS4 are AT LEAST a 2 player group, making it that much harder.

• Paina
    Paina Member Posts: 231

I wait 2 minutes as a survivor, Central Europe, best time for me is between 4 and 10pm.

• meatisadelicacy

We've never had issues like this together and even when we all went solo we still struggled to get games.

• MissBehavingX
    MissBehavingX Member Posts: 493

I'm on Xbox and I have this same issue. Solo or 4 or 3 or 2 players takes FOREVER to find a match. That's why I'm now playing mostly killer, theres less than a minute queue for that.

Watching my pc friends on stream also tells me the survivor queue is way more than the killer one but not as long as we have it on console.

• meatisadelicacy

Today I played with three friend and we got games much faster. This was between 2-5 pm in central timezone. I don't know what's going on with this game.

• MissBehavingX
    MissBehavingX Member Posts: 493

Im central too. I said this in other discussions, I noticed that the later it gets (evening-night) the longer it takes to find matches.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 675

Im UK PS4 and this is my experience and thoughts also.

Instant killer games no matter the time of day or night I queue; Survivor takes 5-10 minutes at least as solo, duo or trio.

Killer is stressful and rarely rewards the effort compared to survivor.

Ive had all 4 escape and get Brutal Killer while I’ve killed 3 or 4 after a really close match and also got Brutal Killer.

Survivor I can chill and even if I die I get to rank up usually.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I get instant Killer ques on Ps4.

• meatisadelicacy

Yes I do too at the moment. A couple weeks ago I had to wait at least 10 minutes to get a killer game, but I was talking about survivor games.

• meatisadelicacy

It seems like 7-9pm would be prime horror video game time, which is when we were unable to play. I've never had such trouble finding a game even at 4am.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

It's just cause at the moment people don't play Survivor as much as Killer.