Quick reminder before the event

Sally55
Sally55 Member Posts: 368

Don't forget to bring Hangman's Trick to detour trolls! See you all in the fog!

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    HP_Refill said:
    And survivors, use that to your advantage. Tapping the hook then running away/hiding=killer’s wasted time  ;) 
    Slug em all
  • HP_Refill
    HP_Refill Member Posts: 29
    🐌 
  • Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

After what happened during the Howling Grounds event, I'll be more prepared for this event.

Hangman's Trick
    Iron Grasp
    Overcharge
    Pop Goes the Weasel

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

And i'll be prepared aswell! Just in a diffrent way

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

I didin't need any perk assistance though.
    Were I one of the lucky ones?

• HP_Refill
    SenzuDuck said:

When I was playing killer in the event I didn't really have an issues. Must just be the cry babies that have one bad match and then act like their whole life has crumbled before them.

Same I even had people hand me hooks at the end to make sure I got the coins as well. That was red ranks btw. I feel like I was the only one who enjoyed the event.
  • Gonzalo
    Gonzalo Member Posts: 48

What event is happening soon?
    Sorry i missed the Howling grounds event so i'm getting excited for this.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Gonzalo said:

Remember how excited you are now, when everything goes south.
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

I see a sabo'd event hook I DC.

I don't get event stuff, neither does anyone else :D

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited August 2018
    HP_Refill said:
    SenzuDuck said:

When I was playing killer in the event I didn't really have an issues. Must just be the cry babies that have one bad match and then act like their whole life has crumbled before them.

Same I even had people hand me hooks at the end to make sure I got the coins as well. That was red ranks btw. I feel like I was the only one who enjoyed the event.
    I had a good time too. I've always obliged to killers that was stomped or wanted to farm at the end.

If you slapped the gen and let us finish, I gave free hooks. I don't get the salt.
    Gonzalo said:

It's tomorrow I think? Some time soon.

Edit: yeah it's tomorrow.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

@Gonzalo said:

Its nothing special. Gameplay doesnt change at all. 2 generators turn different and 2 hooks aswell + more for every offering used up to 7 generators and 7 hooks.

As a killer you need to hook every survivor on a special hook to gain a coin. and as a survivor you need to repair the special generators to gain a coin. Survivors need more coins because even if you didnt repair the generator yourself you will still get credit in bonus experience wich most likely is 4500 again + a coin.

I think it was 40 coins for killers to unlock the skin and 70 for survivors last time. But it will be changed now because in the Lunar event there were only special generators and hooks for each offering no standard 2 of each. On the other hand the event was made 1 week longer because some people had trouble getting enough coins. So might stay similar to 70/40 coins.

The problem is survivor went to sabotage these special hooks preventing killers from earning coins. I would just try to play the kind killer and hope survivors give you free hooks so you get your 4 coins and then let them repair the amount of special generators they have.

At the same time the event was a great way of farming experience because apart from your standard experience you also gained 4500 per special generator repaired. I believe it was 9000 for a hook by the killer but I cant remember correctly. Anyways 5 special generators ment you already gained 22.500 experience on top of all of the ingame experience. I liked this more than simple double experience.

• HP_Refill

Got my killer coins very fast in the Lunar event because I just hit the hook and the survivors came to me and let me hook all of them. I proceded to let them repair and voila easy 3/4 coins per match.

What did the hook ever do to you? He says “just hit the hook” as if it’s nothing...hooks have feelings too.
  • Vortexas

Another Note:

If it's like Howling Grounds for Survivors you don't need to personally do the special gens, just being alive when they get done gets you the coin, so don't fret.

• Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163

Don't want the Kate cosmetic so that's half the work needed.
    I want that hammer for Billy though so here's what I'll do.

When I need the hammer by getting special hooks:
    Hang Man's Trick - Agitation - Iron Grasp - Ruin

When I have earned enough to qualify for the hammer:
    Overcharge - Pop Goes the Weasel - BBQ n Chilli - Ruin

^ Good luck getting "special" gens done vs Billy with that build :)
    Looking forward to this event allready, loved the Howling Grounds one it was so much fun.

• Sally55

@Easylife said:

Looking forward to this event allready, loved the Howling Grounds one it was so much fun.

I'm ready for everyone running D-strike lol.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

@Easylife said:

Thanks for showcasing that the Killer side is just as, if not more petty than the Survivors. I recall Leatherface sitting at event gens as well as OHKO Huntresses. Sadly there is no perks to help deal with that.

And yes I dealt with bad apples on both sides, but I like how Killers pretend their side are innocent angels while also posting how they'll troll the other side.

• Sally55
    edited August 2018

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

Thanks for showcasing that the Killer side is just as, if not more petty than the Survivors. I recall Leatherface sitting at event gens as well as OHKO Huntresses. Sadly there is no perks to help deal with that.

And yes I dealt with bad apples on both sides, but I like how Killers pretend their side are innocent angels while also posting how they'll troll the other side.

If survivors wanna be trolls and sabotage the event for killers then we have every right to do so to survivors.

• Sally55

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

If survivors wanna be trolls then we have every right to do so in retaliation.

If Killers want to troll, then we have every right to retaliate!

See the process of toxicity and BM that creates? So cause this group of Survivors sabo'd hooks, this other group of Survivors has to deal with me running OHKO Ebony Mori Huntress blocking the event gens.

Petty breeds petty. Try to be above it? Yes?

As long as we don't see any attempts to sabotage the event hooks we won't tryhard.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Does the event start at 12 utc like double bp did?

• Sally55

@Bbbrian2013 said:

No clue dude. No official time has been given so far

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
    Everyone's so meeeaann to mee!!!! :'(:'(
  • VexTheHex

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

See the process of toxicity and BM that creates? So cause this group of Survivors sabo'd hooks, this other group of Survivors has to deal with me running OHKO Ebony Mori Huntress blocking the event gens.

As long as we don't see any attempts to sabotage the event hooks we won't tryhard.

But the guy above expressed clear indications of trolling all Survivors after he meets his requirements on Killer side and denying the event token for them. Clearly you're blind to your own side's toxic behavior to not read that and see that the Killer side is just as disgusting as the Survivor side, but the truth is that there is more for a Killer to do to counter their hooks being sabo'd with Hangman's paired with IG and just having them slugged till it reforms if desperate. A Killer literally sitting on a Gen can deny it fully. He/she won't be killing anyone off, but they can stall out the game for a rather absurd amount of time if the Survivors want their tokens.

Also the Survivor side cosmetic is rather lame and uninspired compared to what the Killer's get. At least David's jacket had some wow factor to it to match the Huntress's wolf mask. This one just feels like simple recolor placed on hold. They could of at least gave her a swimsuit outfit.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@Bbbrian2013 said:

Events always start at 00:00 UTC.

Wouldn't be suprised if they messed up the date again and it actually starts August 8th.

• Sally55

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

But the guy above expressed clear indications of trolling all Survivors after he meets his requirements on Killer side and denying the event token for them. Clearly you're blind to your own side's toxic behavior to not read that and see that the Killer side is just as disgusting as the Survivor side, but the truth is that there is more for a Killer to do to counter their hooks being sabo'd with Hangman's paired with IG and just having them slugged till it reforms if desperate. A Killer literally sitting on a Gen can deny it fully. He/she won't be killing anyone off, but they can stall out the game for a rather absurd amount of time if the Survivors want their tokens.

Also the Survivor side cosmetic is rather lame and uninspired compared to what the Killer's get. At least David's jacket had some wow factor to it to match the Huntress's wolf mask. This one just feels like simple recolor placed on hold. They could of at least gave her a swimsuit outfit.

I mean you really can't really make everyone agree to not do that unfortunately. I personally won't unless i have Sabo Squads trying to sabotage my hooks.

• Easylife

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

Trying to stop survivors doing generators as the killer particularly the special ones for the event is neither petty or being a bad apple and has nothing to do with trolling.
    I'll be going for any generator that is being worked on weather it's an event generator or not, regardless of that it will still be difficult to get event generators done (or any generator for that matter) vs Overcharge, PGTW and Ruin.
    You make it sound like I'll be ignoring everything besides event generators and camping them which is NOT what I said.

• Sally55

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

I'm blind? I play both survivor and killer so i know for a fact that most survivors would rather Sabotage the event for killers just for laughs than allow the killer to enjoy the event....

• VexTheHex

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

I mean you really can't really make everyone agree to not do that unfortunately. I personally won't unless i have Sabo Squads trying to sabotage my hooks.

True. I'm just pointing out the Killer side is just as bad in these events. I remember getting sabo'd and getting gen rushed when trying to play it cool as Killer. I also remember MANY gen camping Nurses, Billys, Huntresses, and Leatherfaces. Hag will likely show up often this event cause she is a lot stronger.

Overall though, I remember more Survivors wanting to work together than bad groups. It's the same with regular play. The other night I had a group abusing the window glitch (they don't actually get blocked) to really stall out chases. Then they would body block and flashlight spam me when I did get someone. Painful times that make you think why you play this game. But most Survivors groups aren't that.

But always on the discussions it's a bunch of Killer mains calling it out like every Survivor is evil and mean to them while the Killers are all poor and desperate to just have fun.

@Easylife said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

Trying to stop survivors doing generators as the killer particularly the special ones for the event is neither petty or being a bad apple and has nothing to do with trolling.
    I'll be going for any generator that is being worked on weather it's an event generator or not, regardless of that it will still be difficult to get event generators done (or any generator for that matter) vs Overcharge, PGTW and Ruin.
    You make it sound like I'll be ignoring everything besides event generators and camping them which is NOT what I said.

"Good luck getting "special" gens done vs Billy with that build " - You.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@Easylife said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

So a Survivor sabo'ing your hooks to keep Survivors from being hooked is ok then?

You just said "good luck doing gens with that build", thats petty.

You're stupid.

• Sally55

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

True. I'm just pointing out the Killer side is just as bad in these events. I remember getting sabo'd and getting gen rushed when trying to play it cool as Killer. I also remember MANY gen camping Nurses, Billys, Huntresses, and Leatherfaces. Hag will likely show up often this event cause she is a lot stronger.

Overall though, I remember more Survivors wanting to work together than bad groups. It's the same with regular play. The other night I had a group abusing the window glitch (they don't actually get blocked) to really stall out chases. Then they would body block and flashlight spam me when I did get someone. Painful times that make you think why you play this game. But most Survivors groups aren't that.

But always on the discussions it's a bunch of Killer mains calling it out like every Survivor is evil and mean to them while the Killers are all poor and desperate to just have fun.

@Easylife said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

So we are supposed to ignore our objectives as killers just because an event happens?

• Easylife

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

@Easylife said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

Yes because it will be hard to get special gens (or ANY gens) done vs that build, that has nothing to do with camping speical generators only.

• VexTheHex

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

@Easylife said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

So we are supposed to ignore our objectives as killers just because an event happens?

So Sabotaging the Event Hook is fair game to then? Huh? It's a Survivor's side objective that got gutted cause of the "unfun" game play it provided leaving only Gens for Survivors. So Killers should be happy Survivors decide to do optional side objective that buys the Killer more time?!?

You can twist both sides around. Either way, guarding the hook or the gen on either side is going to happen on both sides. And it's not cool to condemn one and act like the other is fine. ;)

• Sally55

@Tizzle said:

@Easylife said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

So a Survivor sabo'ing your hooks to keep Survivors from being hooked is ok then?

You're stupid.

They will be disappointed when the hook respawns almost instantly.

• Easylife
    edited August 2018

@Tizzle said:

@Easylife said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

You're stupid.

Yes it's fine by me , I don't mind survivors trying to sabo event hooks, I'll just use Hangman's Trick like last time during the Howling Grounds event where it was no problem then too, I enjoyed the challenge of it tbh.
    Good luck doing event generators and any generator as it's the build I usually use to slow the game down as gens get done very fast nowadays.
    No, not at all.

• Sally55
    edited August 2018

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

@Easylife said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

So Sabotaging the Event Hook is fair game to then? Huh? It's a Survivor's side objective that got gutted cause of the "unfun" game play it provided leaving only Gens for Survivors. So Killers should be happy Survivors decide to do optional side objective that buys the Killer more time?!?

You can twist both sides around. Either way, guarding the hook or the gen on either side is going to happen on both sides. And it's not cool to condemn one and act like the other is fine. ;)

I can wait 10 seconds for a hook respawn. Good luck attempting to destroy them all fast enough ;)

• VexTheHex

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

@Easylife said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

I can wait 10 seconds for a hook respawn. Good luck attempting to destroy them all fast enough ;)

Yep, too bad Survivors don't get that luxury. ;P

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Sally55 said:
    Don't forget to bring Hangman's Trick to detour trolls! See you all in the fog!

Dont forget to bring insidious.... you know what I mean :wink:

• Sally55

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

@Easylife said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

They used to before Saboteur was nerfed because of survivors abusing it.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Vortexas said:

Lol, another killer self confessing to dc'ing, can't wait until they start banning the bad killers then we can all start having fun again.

• Sally55

@SenzuDuck said:

@Vortexas said:

Lol, another killer self confessing to dc'ing, can't wait until they start banning the bad killers then we can all start having fun again.

Gotta get a working report system first.

• VexTheHex

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Sally55 said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

@Easylife said:

@VexTheHex said:

@Easylife said:

They used to before Saboteur was nerfed because of survivors abusing it.

Ya I was around for the Sabotage Squads, but weren't they eliminated before the first "event hook" type deal? It's kind of pitiful that Sabotage fell as hard as it did since it actually did slow down matches to a degree as well with something that gave Survivors a reason to do it. You can do dull totems "in case of NOED" but that's only to prevent something and not really gain much. The Killers wanted Sabotage destroyed and got it (understandable), but this helped create the direction to Gen Rush cause Survivors really lack any motivation to do anything else but rush gens which leads to more camping/tunneling which leads to more looping cause getting caught might lead to Myers having his face in your crotch as you hang on the hook.

Overall though I'm read to face toxic scum of both sides trying to deny the event tokens. At least Killer side will be easier to cope with though since they been flooded with sabo counterplay. Meanwhile there is nothing you can do against a rev'd Leatherface on top of a gen.

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

I got lucky last event and didn't get trolled.

Which means it is only a matter of time.

• VexTheHex

@IronWolf115 said:

Good luck. I was constanlly 4K'ing as Hag at Rank 1 for nights. Told this to a lobby of Survivors after game and suddenly I had 2-3 matches of 1-2K.

Then I said at least the matches were still fun.

Switched to Candle Boy Wraith and got bullied to the max.

Don't jinx yourself.

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

@VexTheHex said:

@IronWolf115 said:

Good luck. I was constanlly 4K'ing as Hag at Rank 1 for nights. Told this to a lobby of Survivors after game and suddenly I had 2-3 matches of 1-2K.

Then I said at least the matches were still fun.

Switched to Candle Boy Wraith and got bullied to the max.

Don't jinx yourself.

Welll, Crap

• Vortexas

@SenzuDuck said:

@Vortexas said:

Awww poor survivor baby, wants to bully but doesn't want it done back boohoo.