Please stop announcing nerfs pre-release

Jukantos
Jukantos Member Posts: 114
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

Let's be honest here: A ton of us are now playing (and playing against in my case) SO many more prayer beads spirits than we would have if the nerfs hadnt been pre-announced. Less than two months ago we had the same miserable onesided experience the other way around, when the instant medkit nerfs were widely pre-announced and people burned large stacks of those items.

Dear Behavior, if you deem an item, addon, or other mechanic "controversial" and uninteractive enough to make changes to it, PLLLLEEEEEEEEASE stop widely preannouncing those nerfs. Let people know the MINUTE the changes go live through patch notes and not a single second earlier.

I want to finish the archives page but i GENUINELY just don't want to play. Because i'm seeing 6 spirits (5 of them using prayer beads) in 7 matches. I already had a 75% spirit ratio beforehand but now almost bloody all of them are burning their stashes of overpowered amulets and prayer beads before they get adjusted and it's just unacceptably unfun

Stop announcing your nerfs up front, you are hugely incentivizing people to play the least fun most unbalanced stuff for 20 games in a row to burn through their stashes.

Post edited by Inji on

Comments

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I guess I'm super lucky for the first time since I probably went against like 5 prayer beads spirit since the announcement.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Thing is, those Changes would have been tested in the PTB anyway. So once the PTB Patchnotes are out, people would know.

However, I think the 3.4.0.-Patch was the wrong time for the Spirit Nerf. People on the PTB will most likely not test Spirit, because they are testing The Oni. So big flaws will not be noticed.

(A detailed look can only be gained on the Live Server anyway, but BHVR should not expect that many people will test the Spirit Changes when a brand new Killer is also on the PTB)

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    edited November 2019

Going against the most broken addon in the game like 10 times in a row is the most annoying thing ever and why do you even bring up killer for no reason?

Post edited by Inji on
  • JHarsch
    JHarsch Member Posts: 41

Because there's more than one mode? Play one, play the other. If you're having crap luck with escaping, play killer. If SWF's are bullying you, play survivor. The reason being: quit moaning and play the other side. You have devs actively trying to fix DBD... and you still complain because they wanna tell people the good news?

• Jukantos

It's not fun either way around. I had no fun playing killer when everyone was burning through their instakits and im not having fun playing survivor now that everyone is burning through their prayer beads

I enjoy both roles and previous i would've simply stuck to playing the one people are abusing while not abusing it. Makes for good matches when people are actively happy to just NOT play their Xth game against the same dumb thing

BUT the archives have thrown this upside down. I have every single killer objective of Page 2 completed. I literally HAVE to play survivor at this point. How am i gonna land 2 pallet stuns in 1 game while everyone is ######### prayer beads spirit? That's just not gonna happen

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Idc and idk what your issue is. If you would excuse me now, I'm going to burn some haddonfield + balanced landing and prayer beads till the update. Cheers!

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I don't see the harm in it myself - let people have their fun

If you can't handle it, I hear Civ5 is a fun alternate game to play while you wait for people to blow through their stacks.

This game seems a lot less stressful when you stop making it your only form of entertainment.

• SaintDenisSlasher
    SaintDenisSlasher Member Posts: 227

Asking for the devs to have less communication...... That's a first

Out of curiosity if they nerfed something on the survivor side would you still want it to be implemented with no announcement, say balanced landing?

• BDS22
    BDS22 Member Posts: 146

Why would spirits waste the prayer beads though? The new prayer beads seems really good to me, not knowing where she's actually phasing seems pretty strong to me.

• Jukantos

@BDS22 i mean up until now you literally dont know where she's phasing or THAT she's phasing until she grabs you off a gen. LOL.

• BDS22
    BDS22 Member Posts: 146

I know. I'm just confused because the new changes seem just as good in my opinion, hearing her phase throughout the whole map will throw many survivors off their game. I would still save my add-ons, but that's just me.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

Personally, when the Instaheal thing was going on... I just equiped Franklin's for awhile. Maybe try spinechill if your expecting so many prayerbeads in your matches?

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

It'll give everyone a heads up to maybe step away from the gen for a sec... Just in case. Before this, if you didn't have spinechill... Many ppl would gentap the whole match out of paranoia they could get grabbed at any moment.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Been suggested a billion times and I still don't know why it isn't in the game. A recycling mechanic would fix a LOT of this game's problems with nerfs and people not enjoying leveling up crap Killers just for their perks (Leatherface) but if they introduced that Bloodpoints would be easier to acquire, and that would "ruin the in-game economy" or whatever.

• ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

Way to be the biggest baby I've seen on this forum so far. Nice job.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

I forgot about the nerfs. I guess tomorrow I’m burning some prayer beads from my stack of 50 since I never played spirit.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

How should this even work? The devs need the PTB to test the changes, so they can't stay a secret.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Just use Spine Chill untill Prayer Beads nerf hits live.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

Thanks I forgot.