Top Exhaustion Perks

SmokeyRetro
SmokeyRetro Member Posts: 9
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

What are the top 6 exhaustion perks in order in your guys opinion?

Perks: Head On, Lithe, Dead Hard, Sprint Burst, Balanced Landing, Adrenaline

Post edited by SmokeyRetro on

Comments

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Lithe, Dead Hard, Head On, Balanced Landing, and Sprint Burst.

I dont consider Adrenaline one since it will only proc once per game vs the others being multiple times.

• Rosalind
    Rosalind Member Posts: 31

To me :

1) Balanced landing (the fact that dropping down a cliff is faster than normal no matter what is so good in my opinion, it creates infinites)

2) Adrenaline (just cool to get that little boost of speed + the healing when all gens are done)

3) Lithe (idk I find it more useful than the other ones)

4) Head on (it's not that good but I find it satisfying to stun the killer and sometimes rescue people with it)

5) Sprint burst (running away from the killers when you're working on a gen)

6) Dead Hard (it works the first time against a killer and then he knows you have it and doesn't fall for it after)

• Bleediss
    Bleediss Member Posts: 130
    edited November 2019

I'm going to list them assuming Balanced Landing is nerfed and that Dead Hard works properly (no dedicated servers nonsense).

Also, I'm excluding Adrenaline because it doesn't function like all the other exhaustion perks.

1. Dead Hard. It's the best to me because it allows you to recover from a mistake at the press of a button and get another loop you normally wouldn't get, which if you're good at looping, can extend a chase by another 30 seconds or more even. A bonus is that the perk works on any map unlike Balanced Landing with certain maps. One drawback that can matter is having to be injured, since some killers just instantly down you, so you can't use the perk.
    2. Lithe. Really good when paired with Dance With Me, still good without it, you can use it on pretty much any map, making it very reliable. The main problem this perk has is that you may not want the speed boost when vaulting a window while in a chase because you want to use the loop efficiently, but the perk forces you to use the speed boost instead and get to another loop, which can be inefficient and annoying.
    3. Sprint Burst. The most reliable exhaustion perk to me because you can use it at any time, on any map, with the only condition being that you aren't exhausted. It helps a lot with doing unsafe generators so you don't get caught in a dead zone and can make it to a loop safely. You can also 99 your exhaustion so you can use it to get to another loop once you've used a previous one efficiently, making it pretty powerful. It has a major drawback of having to walk frequently, though, which is inefficient for moving across the map and can hurt you a lot, although Fixated helps making this drawback less of an issue.
    4. Balanced Landing. I think it'll be just okay after the nerf. The main problem is that maps don't always have drops for Balanced Landing so you may not be able to use it, which is a big problem. At the same time, many drops where you can use Balanced Landing will give you a massive amount of distance on a killer compared to other exhaustion perks because of things like window vaults, forcing the killer to take pathing that's slower than normal for reaching you.
    5. Head On. Super fun perk to me and also quite situational because you don't always have access to a locker when you want one or it's in a spot you don't want it to be. It definitely has the most potential out of all the exhaustion perks, though, since you can save teammates with it, which is huge. I feel like it's also the hardest to use properly since you need to be creative with where you position yourself and think ahead of time when trying to make a play with it.
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017
    1. Lithe
    2. BL
    3. DH
    4. Adrenaline
    5. SB
    6. Head on

Lithe is number one as it works on ALL vaults and works whenever you fast vault

BL is getting a weird nerf, but its still pretty strong and can allow you to exit chases easier

DH is pretty good at extended the chase, but after one use the killer will know everything and becomes useless

Adrenaline only works after all gens are done or if hatch is closed, so if you never make it to one of these it never goes off

SB used to be good, but now it sucks if the killer respects the SB

Head On would be a good perk if it affected vaults, but still Number 6

Secret number 0 is blood echo, because it COUNTERS THEM ALL

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044

Without Adrenaline (I dont count this as an Exhaustion Perk) and nerfed Balanced Landing:

1. Dead Hard-->Assuming it works, it is the best Exhaustion Perk. With nerfed BL, there is no Competition, meaning that Survivors will have 1 Exhaustion Perk they can go for if they want to use one. Cool and great game design.
    2. LIthe-->Much weaker, basically only Number 2 because the rest is even worse. Helps to get some Distance, but is either good with Quick&Quiet and Dance with Me, which is 3 Perks for the Combo, but if you are at a strong Loop (like a Jungle Gym or Shack) the Distance is meaningless since you most likely dont want to leave it.
    3. Head On--> Gimmicky and funny when using, feeling dumb when getting hit by Head On. Its a funny Perk, but not really reliable and also quite risky. Stun is almost meaningless, but you can get a Safe with it.
    4. Sprint Burst-->I simply hate this Perk, nothing is more annoying than to walk to not waste it. Fixated helped a little bit with that,but still, I dont like Sprint Burst and people who go for an Unhook via Walking because they dont want to waste their Sprint Burst.
    5. Balanced Landing-->After the Nerf, the most useless Exhaustion Perk. Highly situational (even more than Lithe) without some special Outcome. Not worth a Perk Slot and easily the worst out of all Exhaustion Perks.
  • SB - no matter how much it's criticized still strongest exhaustion perk out there cause you can use without meeting specific requirements , just run

BL - even after nerf gonna be strong and would allow you to do loops you normally wouldn't able to

DH - too ez to bait it out , useless if you have no pallet/safe window nearby , not to mention resync issues

Lithe - good for newbies but overall useless , unless you trigger it from a god pallet

Head on - the fact that it's an exhaustion perk makes it's weak , it would be much better if it just had cooldown (that would tick only out of chase)

I'm not rating adrenaline since it's not an exhaustion perk , because of 1 time use and the whole thing bypassing exhaustion anyway .

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

1 Dead Heard

2 Adrenaline

3 Lithe

4 Sprint Burst

5 Head On

6 Balanced Landing.

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519
    1. Dead Hard
    2. Balance Landing (Before Nerf)
    3. Sprint Burst
    4. Lithe
    5. Head on
    6. Balance Landing (After Nerf)
  • ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

1.) Dead Hard. Useable in any map with the only condition being you get hit once. Top tier.

2.) Adrenaline. I mean, come on.

3.) Balanced Landing. Really two perks in one (at least, for a little while longer) but cannot be utilized on some maps like Shelter Woods.

4.) Lithe. Same as Balanced - good luck using it on The Game or Hawkins. Window hitboxes cause debate too, leading to it being better used to avoid a first hit instead of a second.

5.) Head On. So fun, but pretty situational. Also much harder to use in an actual chase rather than to start one.

6.) Sprint Burst. Just... meh. You have to walk everywhere until you use it and it only works to avoid the first hit. My least favorite for sure.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062
    1. Adrenaline - Longest sprint time + a heal
    2. Head On - Gives a chance to stun the killer and hide/get away + 500 points
    3. Sprint Burst - Most reliable because it can be used in any scenario
    4. Lithe - Windows are incredibly unreliable, but can be used well if already at a good range from the killer in a chase
    5. Balanced Landing - Only disabling the stagger once isn't viable enough. Plus, Sheltered Woods disables this perk entirely. (hinting at the map needing a pride rock added or something)
    6. Dead Hard - The reliability of this perk depends entirely on the Killer connection (console) or server connection (PC). There's too much risk. Not to mention that it's really easy for the killer to bait it out.
  • sailormars
    sailormars Member Posts: 122

1. Adrenaline

2. Dead Hard

3. Lithe

4. Sprint Burst

5. Head On

100. Balanced Landing (because it got absolutely gutted and has 0 purpose).

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited November 2019

Have you watched aaronplay’s vid “why sprint burst is better than dead hard” ? I think it’s called on youtube... he shows how when you get sprint burst to work at the right time you mega-extend a loop where dead hard couldn’t.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I'm not a survivor expert when it comes to exhaustion perks, but I will say something about how good Dead Hard is :

The reason Dead Hard is so good is because you can use it to get extra distance. That extra distance can allow you to make it to a very strong loop. Or, you can use the extra distance in case you mess up at a loop.

DH just has so many uses. Which is why I think it's one of the best exhaustion perks.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

I have, but that's still very situational. You need to use it, do something while it cools down, then start sprinting and not stop sprinting. You've gotta' go find the killer and get them to chase you, and that whole time you're doing nothing to help the team. The end result is you get a slightly delayed Lithe effect.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

Dead Hard is my favourite followed by Adrenaline. I never really use the rest, but out of the remaining ones, I’d go for Lithe.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’m not counting adrenaline.

1.Sprint Burst

2.Balanced Landing (ptb version)

3.Dead hard

4.Lithe

5.Head on

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    1. Lithe - use it to extend loops.
    2. Dead Hard - When it works, good, usually ends up getting me killed.
    3. Sprint Burst - Love the swing bait, start running when they try to swing or just have it to run from a gen, hate having to have the drawback of walking only.
    4. Head On - It's funny, period.
    5. Balanced Landing - Mega situational perk? No thanks.
  • terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

1. Dead hard

2. Adrenaline

3. Lithe

4. Balanced landing

5. Sprint burst

6. Head on

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

1. Balanced Landing - Absolutely love this perk, not sure why people consider it map dependent when it can work on pretty much every map besides shelter woods.

2. Dead Hard - Love this one too, if you happen to mess up on a loop, no problem just dead hard and you get that pallet/window.

3. Lithe - the only dislike I have for this perk is if I want to loop a place than I'll have to just waste the speed boost, otherwise love it.

4. Sprint Burst - Meh, I really don't like to walk around all the time, and is cool against stealth killers but I really would rather use any other exhaustion perk.

5. Head on - Pretty much just for fun, not much use you can actually get out of it.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    edited November 2019

1. Balanced Landing before the 3.4.0 patch

2. Adrenaline

3. Lithe

4. Sprint Burst

5. Dead Hard

6. Head On

7. Balanced Landing after the 3.4.0 patch

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited November 2019

I’d always be on gens during the cool down when I was still using SB, and just hide if the killer was coming (running spine chill so I’m ahead of their pace to do so)... it can work with the right build but moved onto dead hard for the resilience synergy. Definitely needs specific builds though - SB.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

This list is in order of personal preference:

1. Head On: It takes skill to use, and there are ways to use it in a chase which are really fun. Not reliable at all but fun.
    2. Lithe: This takes skill and planning to use. Interesting to go against as a killer.
    3. Sprint Burst: I don't use it much because I prefer to run about more often, but it works.
    4. Dead Hard: Too common and too much a crutch for people. Not reliable or useful for me when I play survivor, but frustrating enough as killer.
    5. Balanced Landing: Useful, but has too many upsides right now and creates many infinites. I am so glad it's changing. Saves people when they don't deserve it.
    6. Adrenaline: A crutch that allows people to ignore being injured during the last couple gens. Not fun to go against. Forces me to bring NOED a lot. Saves people when they don't deserve it.

Order of how useful they are:

1. Adrenaline: Works when exhausted and gives a free health state.
    2. BL: A lot of upsides for no downsides (except doesn't work on Sheltered woods!).
    3. Dead Hard: Useful for gaining distance or a second chance in a chase.
    4. Sprint Burst: good at getting to a loop when out of position. Can also be saved for mid chase if you play it right.
    5. Lithe: Situational. You have to want to use it with certain windows.
    6. Head On: Very situational. Just because I've mastered it to a degree doesn't mean it's good.
  • To anyone who says that BL is useless on shelter woods : you can trigger it by jumping from Big tree in the middle as well as jumping down the basement stairs .

• tea
    tea Member Posts: 140
    1. Balanced Landing
    2. Adrenaline
    3. Head On
    4. Lithe
    5. Sprint Burst
    6. Dead Hard
  • StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    edited November 2019

1) Dead Hard - it gives you another health state if you think about it and allows you to extend loops.

2) Adrenaline - I never heal, so the fact that it heals me and gives me a sprint boost has allowed to me escape a chase and help others in need.

3) Balanced Landing - I don't have access to the PTB, so I am basing this on the current version and not the nerfed version.

4) Lithe - it'll work on any map and combo'd with other perks like quick & quiet and dance with me makes it a fun build.

5) Head On - situational perk, but very fun when paired with quick & quiet. I'd use it more if it didn't exhaust you.

6) Sprint Burst - aka I'm going to walk/urban evade and be useless 99% of the match. Yes you can save it an activate it on your own will, but you're forced to keep it at 99 and run the entire time.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

1. Dead hard - Amazing because you can play more aggressively and test if a killer 'respects' the pallet. Also good for that extra boost you need sometime in order to pull down a pallet/vault a window before getting hit. Also helps against trappers in some cases.

2. Adrenaline - Big help end game, that speed boost and extra health state is great for making ground and is much appreciated when getting off the hook.

3. ... Not gonna lie I don't actually use any other exhaustion perk. Sprint burst used to be good but because you can't use it in chases anymore.. it's pretty bad. I'd say it's only good for people using it with urban evasion with an 'immersed' play style. It's OK as it can help get some ground against killers when using DS or when unhooked etc but it's just not worth running over DH in many cases.

Mind you I'm starting to not use DH so much anymore just because the dedicated servers make it harder to use, lots of add-ons nullify it, perks are being introduced to make it even harder to use etc.

• DemonHunter5836
    DemonHunter5836 Member Posts: 31

1) Sprint Burst: it's so good for escaping unsafe areas, with the only drawback having to walk more than normal.

2) Adrenaline: it's saved me so many times because I always get chased

3) Lithe: good when you combo it with Dance with Me

4) Dead Hard: good for extending loops which is lifesaving for people like me that get chased a lot

5) Head On: the potential for saving teammates outweighs how situational it is

6) Balanced Landing: I've just never liked this perk, never get the chance to use it before getting cucked

• minorboy2588
    minorboy2588 Member Posts: 5

I don't count adrenaline as one but in my opinion it's

1. Dead hard because you can recover from a mistake.

2. Lithe even though it's situational it's still can save you.

3. Sprint burst it's really good if your playstyle is more stealthy.

4. Balanced landing (nerfed version) the only real reason BL was competing with dead hard was the the stagger reduction but thats going to be gone soon.

5. Head on it's more of a meme perk than anything but it is fun to use though.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

This is the best exhaustion perk in the game. I've changed my mind.

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526
    1. Dead Hard - Allows you to extend chases especially around pallets, or windows. It can be used after being unhooked to possibly avoid a swing and get to a pallet or exit. It's one of the harder ones to use correctly though. But I think it has the most potential.
    2. Balanced Landing (Live Version) - Situational both on the map, and locations on the map. It has potential to be stronger than Dead Hard. But it's not as consistent. Fun factor is strong.
    3. Lithe - Middle of the pack, it isn't exceptionally strong, but does it's job of getting you some distance. Unfortunately at least for me I tend to get hit trying to hop through a window in the middle of a chase. Or it's a window I want to loop which kind of hurts it's effectiveness. (Killer shack, Iron Works etc.)
    4. Sprint Burst - Walking around everywhere is a pain, I'd suggest not to do it, and hope your Sprint Burst comes back online while you are working on a Gen. When playing stealthy, or against stealth killers it can help you avoid the first hit if you are spotted, or they start to sneak up on you. Works everywhere, but really only useful at the very start of a chase. And while it has uses when just getting off the hook. Chances are you'll become exhausted right after a hook rescue trying to get some distance, when regular running would have done the trick.
    5. Balanced Landing (PTB Version) - Still situational both on the map, and locations on the map. Some areas only having one place to fall from. Looping potential basically isn't there any longer. A lot of areas you could use it, Lithe can also be used, like vaulting rails on Hawkins, even if it's slightly less powerful. The loss of the stagger imo butchers this perk.
    6. Head On - Meme Perk, usually requires other perks to work with it like Quick and Quiet. You might get it to work once in ten games. Heck even if it works in five out of ten. It's still less use than you'd get out of any of the others the majority of the time. lol

I don't count Adrenaline. Anyways that's my thoughts on the exhaustion perks.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited November 2019

Adren isn't a real exhaustion perk since it triggers only once and the real reason to use it is for the insta-heal effect. I also don't really consider Head On an exhaustion perk, hence why neither are on my lists. The reason to use it is different than the other perks. You use exhaustion perks to extend a chase. You use Head On to interrupt the killer's flow or make saves with lockers.

Before next update...

• Balanced Landing/Dead Hard (tie)
    • Lithe
    • Sprint Burst

After next update...

• Dead Hard
    • Lithe
    • Sprint Burst
    • Balanced Landing

Technically the worst (current) exhaustion perk is Sprint Burst because you are required to either always walk, or always run with exhaustion at 99% recovered. Both of which are bad plays.

But after the next update, Balanced will be the worst because it's already too map/tile dependent and now it's just pointless to go for a single drop. The whole strength in Balanced was in the ability to open a new loop with drop down points, which was limited. Most of the super strong drop loops are still strong without Balanced, and the fact the devs decided to nerf the PERK instead of addressing these tiles is troubling. Fix those tiles instead, don't nerf a good perk.

Post edited by thesuicidefox on