Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hatch Campers and the EGC?

MarkAther123
MarkAther123 Member Posts: 3

Just been playing with a guy and he told me if he sees someone camping the hatch during the EGC, he will wait till the very last second before running through the exit as he hates hatch campers... Just wondering how many other people do this (if any)

Personally its not something I'd do but just wanted to see what other peoples opinions are on it?

Hatch Campers and the EGC? 22 votes

That is toxic, you should always just leave
18%
InnCognitoToppingPanicpleasedontbetoxic117SinisterDog 4 votes
I wouldn't do it but whatever floats your boat
63%
BossFoggyDownpourSpartagone45Elkthen4321Boosted_DwightAwakeyfly_172pichumudkipZackAndCodyEnderloganYTNoOneEscapesNancyCereal_KillerTwinkleToes 14 votes
I will only do this if the person camping the hatch was toxic during the game (body blocking, farming etc)
18%
brokedownpalaceTheLegendDyl4n1LilacStarsunderlord99 4 votes
I will only do this if the person camping the hatch annoyed me during the game (missing skill checks, not unhooking etc)
0%
I will only do this if the person camping the hatch spent most of the game hiding in lockers
0%
I always do this, I hate hatch campers
0%

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    I wouldn't do it but whatever floats your boat

As Killer, once the EGC timer starts, if there's nothing i can really do at the moment, i just stop and come to these forums until the match is over.

As Survivor, i always want to escape, it's my one and only primary objective.

So if EGC starts, i'm looking for that Exit Gate & gtfo.

• Hudson
    Hudson Member Posts: 93

Where is the "I don't care" option?

I actually would struggle on the hook, instead of just getting sacrificed in order to hold the hatch closed, if I think the teammate doesn't deserve it.

But I usually would not stand around in the gate, except I need points for my chase emblem. I anyway don't think that waiting in the gate is toxic. It was toxic to hold the game hostage by doing so, but that problem is solved by the EGC.

• MarkAther123
    MarkAther123 Member Posts: 3

Where is the "I don't care" option... Errrm, its called not voting? ?‍♂️

• Hudson

I don't care is not "not voting".

It actually would show my opinion on a theme like anybody else who votes. And you can see in the poll, how many people don't see an actual problem in what is described here.

10 % pro

20 % contra

70 % it doesn't matter

That shows the devs, more ppl are against something, but it's maybe not worth the effort, since most don't care about it.

You say "I don't care" is the same as not voting. The poll would then look like this:

33 % pro

66 % contra

This looks like "Boy, more then half of our players have something against this. We need to react and do something."

Even from politics you should know that voting "absention" is different from "not voting at all".

• Hudson

That's wrong. Voting "I don't care" is telling your opinion, not voting is not telling your opinion.

A poll can look like this:

10 % Yes

20 % No

70 % I don't care

This tells, there are more people against something, but most don't care about it. So the devs might say it's not worth the effort to change something.

The same poll would look like this without the "I don't care option".

33 % Yes

66 % No

This looks like "Boy ... more than have of our players are against something. We need to take action."

I hope you at least know that in politics voting "absention" is different to "not voting at all".